Studs and duds KC

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super impressed with Jordan. I was wrong about him. He's good enough to do this. Once he finally started getting the protection that he needed, everything has fallen into place.

O-line has been a stud for sometime. The game starts and ends in the trenches. Still think they need to add one more tackle in the offseason, but still, what a night and day difference from a month ago.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're the same people who hated Rodgers for no reason..then hate Love because he's not Rodgers.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously though, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I was pretty jaded by Gutey after the 2020 draft and assumed he really didn't know what he's doing. Pretty clear now that things just needed some time to gel and develop. Yeah its possible they may get stomped by San Francisco in the playoffs but the arrow is definitely pointing up. That early 2nd from the Jets won't hurt.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll add an unsung hero stud tonight though: Anders Carlson. Some grumblings with him the last few weeks as he's gone though the mini slump that almost every NFL kicker outside of Justin Tucker has ever experienced.

He came up BIG tonight. The 48 yarder essentially putting things away as the absolute worst case scenario after that was things headed to OT. For a rookie kicker, he's doing just fine, and came up big in a pressure moment tonight. That matters.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously though, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I was pretty jaded by Gutey after the 2020 draft and assumed he really didn't know what he's doing. Pretty clear now that things just needed some time to gel and develop. Yeah its possible they may get stomped by San Francisco in the playoffs but the arrow is definitely pointing up. That early 2nd from the Jets won't hurt.
I felt the same way. They were a few better defensive players away from another superbowl appearance. I am thrilled with how it turned out though.
I am happy our gm has an eye to the future..and didn't draft a guy and throw him in the fire right away. The rest of the teams in our division have no clue how to draft and develop young qbs!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Chris Collinsworth..he sure likes to lick the juice from Mahomes jock! He kept whining about that non p.i. call. The refs were bad both ways, Chris!
I will say Mahomes was pretty good in his post game presser. He didn't dwell on that play (it was DPI) and said sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. He said he had no problem with the refs letting the guys play it out there.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say Mahomes was pretty good in his post game presser. He didn't dwell on that play (it was DPI) and said sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. He said he had no problem with the refs letting the guys play it out there.
I've honestly never been able to find any reason to dislike Patrick Mahomes.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Love
Watson
Dillon
Carlson
Defense as a whole - gave up alot on the ground and some poor tackling. But holding Mahomes to 19 is a huge accomplishment.

Duds: Watson injury. Hold him out as long as they need to, so he's ready for the playoffs.

Officiating- both teams victim of some bad calls, but mostly the Packers. Of course, the missed PI on Carrington was the game changer. Refs swallowed their whistles after the non late hit on Mahomes.

Reaction score
And this was done with out Jones and J’aire, Stokes, Rasul
and we’re just so inexperienced across the board. Not in a bad way I mean that we have lots of growth potential.
Had someone told us that in Week 13 we would play but would be missing Rasul, Ja’ and Stokes and we’d play KC with Pat and beat them?
I would’ve never believed that or taken that bet.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought they would probably lose, that was the best tasting crow I've ever had. Amazing, I didn't think the team would gel this well, this quickly. They are definitely a contender for a playoff spot now.
With the remaining schedule, they have a great chance to make the playoffs. They are far from being the worst team in the league as some people had predicted.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds first tonight:

LaFleur on 3rd and 6 inside of 2 minutes to play

Studs:

Just about everything else

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Love! He's been getting better and better every week and it's beautiful! I'll give the play calling a stud too. Pass rush as well.

Dude: Collinsworth. F that guy.. the pass interference was the biggest call of the game? Not the free 15 before that?
If you listen to the so called 'great' color guys they don't know f*** all about the teams they're covering. A guy a few weeks ago made it sound like McDuffie had EARNED playing time when he was only playing due to Campbell's injury. Tonight Collinsworth said at least 2 different Packers were "the new star for the Packers on Offense' NOT 'one of' Collinsworth is annoying, and while he may know Xs and Os for the most part he doesn't know the players or the rules.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Love

Watson

Aj

Nixon

Defense

ST

ML

Duds

Watson injury again

All the love haters-- suck it.
Suck it...and suck it again

Show your selves
I'll suck it a little bit cause I was never a full on hater but at 2-5 and Love looking abysmal Sean Clifford was starting to look good.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or the three free plays they got after that by stopping the clock?
That 15 yards, despite hitting Mahomes in bounds, was a game breaker, no matter what they say. It gave them the ball in Packer territory, stopped the clock, and gave them the opportunity of building momentum. Even on the pass play where interference could have been called against Green Bay, if you watch, the KC left tackle clearly put his hand inside the Packer's outside rush man's grill, directly in front of an official who saw it. That should definitely have been called a penalty, so at best, the Chiefs would have had offsetting penalties, so they would have to repeat the down.

What was worse is that the final play, in the end zone, for them to be nit picking for a call against GB, considering that it was a free for all of pushing and shoving, as it always is, in a jump ball like that was. For every defensive infraction, there would be an offensive one as well. His bias during the last quarter was not acceptable, in any way.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jordan Love haters, the ones who labeled him a bust and "not the guy"...They seem awful quite these days.

He sure looks the part to me. Green Bay has their quarterback.

Members online