Pivotal Plays of Week 8 - Jaguars

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I have always felt quite strongly about is, yes an entire game is never won or loss in only a handful of games, HOWEVER pivotal plays can and do IMO impact a game just as much as turnovers. These big plays can be a turnover yes, but they can also be a massive punt in a moment or TFL or an amazing run.

I hope to keep this up weekly for discussions of these plays.

Only for the sake of limiting discussions - let's keep lists to the 5 or fewer plays which popped for you each week:

My list from Jaguars (no specific order)

The Sack/Strip/Turnover play.
Now notice I didn't just say the Cooper strip/sack/turnover - because only fools see it as such IMO. Just as last week when Cooper made Eric Wilson's MASSIVE sack moment possible with his interior rush attack, Clark and Cooper on this play did the stunt to the perfect scenario and when they crossed Cooper just straight up dominated this rep...but man the play wasn't over when he caused the fumble. Hafley has talked about attacking the ball and the play is never done mentality...Wyatt oh my word did this to a "T". When that ball became free Morse (Jag's Center) looked well ahead of ANYONE coming for the ball and was literally in the motion of crashing onto and I swear Wyatt moved at 2x the speed of ANYONE around - it was like a genie hit fast forward button. Wyatt closed the distance, literally shoved Morse aside and gathered the ball all in one motion. It was a thing of beauty...the entire play.

Jacobs' BIG TD Run
Jacob's bounce out ability was on full display, but one thing anyone that has seen Jacobs over the years has seen is his amazing ability to in tight spaces shed tacklers. On this play, his ability to jump cut outside was a little ungodly...but a Jaguar defender had an amazing line and was set to tackle him as he appeared to be attempting to bounce it back outside but actually subtly cut back into his attacker which surprised the defender and he could hold on to Jacobs who slipped off of him due to it. The ENTIRE time, Watson is literally removing the safety over top (Savage) from the play and giving Jacobs a lane straight into the endzone once he got to the second level.

Big Play Kraft
Love handled the interior pressure when Jenkins got beat exceeding well, feeling it without losing vision, peeling to his right and throwing a DIME to a broken free Kraft. Upon the catch Kraft shed the attacking DB's attempted tackle like a momma bear being attacked by her cub play fighting. Then at the 27 yard line he literally stiff arms the first attempt by Andre Cisco and then at the 20 he says no-no-no again to this second cub (to keep the Bear reference going)...and I still think the ONLY reason Kraft didn't score was at the 10 yard line he chose to stop stiffing arming the cub and figured I think he could man handle or fight the final 5 yards and turned his attention to the goal line and Cisco barely managed to get him corralled finally.

The Willis Can Call in Clutch Time
Tied 27-27....2nd and 6 we see Willis call an audible "Can, can..." I instantly get excited because my gut told me run was called but he saw something and while a can call isn't always to a pass play, it is more likely. The line blocked this play excellently - Jacob's faked the rush well, causing the backer assigned to Reed to hesitate JUST BARELY enough...and his speed was no match slipping out and up the sideline. Willis, just like he did for years in college, threw a great touch deep ball to Reed essentially locking the chance to win the game with a kick up for us.

Brooks Saying No
I don't think folks realize what Brooks' did on that final drive...this young man is literally seeing his NFL dream come to life before his eyes....the endzone is there for the taking, the seas are literally parting (by choice of course) and he gets the first and gets down to make CERTAIN the game is in his team's potential ending is in his team's hands and not the opponents potentially playing for it. It is such a small act, but is the epitome of situational football and team mentality.

Members online