Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As opposed to playing prevent or soft which has allowed far more points then trying to bring pressure
If they don’t bring pressure on the play they got the sack on and that very rushed 4th down throw, of course you can’t say for sure, but I would have bet the Rams go down and score. I will take my chances with trying to apply more pressure than what they usually do.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He literally could not control his left hand/arm due to the CB playing it perfect. Watch the replay, they showed it perfectly multiple times. Ball being under thrown caused it.

Reed hasn’t had as many drops but I have him credited for six in five games where most sites will likely have four after today. Wicks I think will have eight or nine depending on the site and grader of the passes
obviously we aren’t going to agree. As I said above, this didn’t happen in a vacuum. I said I was done with him because of all of his drops. You want to focus on this single play. I maintain that this was a catchable ball for an NFL caliber receiver. Many catches are made every week with a lot of contact with the defender. If this was a single incident I wouldn’t even be thinking about it, but it wasn‘t. He is not a reliable receiver…. and im done wishing he was.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As opposed to playing prevent or soft which has allowed far more points then trying to bring pressure

I’m merely saying why you don’t see it every play. It’s a risk/reward gamble BIG TIME.

You’d be screaming bloody murder if we blitzed and Stafford hit Atwell in stride down the side…

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on Wicks. I can be as cynical as anybody, but Devonta Adams dropped a lot of passes in year 2 and he turned out to be pretty good. No doubt Wicks has sucked this year but he's too talented to not not able to improve himself. Give him some time. He may even turn it around yet this season.
now that argument I can agree with.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
obviously we aren’t going to agree. As I said above, this didn’t happen in a vacuum. I said I was done with him because of all of his drops. You want to focus on this single play. I maintain that this was a catchable ball for an NFL caliber receiver. Many catches are made every week with a lot of contact with the defender. If this was a single incident I wouldn’t even be thinking about it, but it wasn‘t. He is not a reliable receiver…. and im done wishing he was.

He hasn’t been this year. And you attacked that play, so I was discussing that play. Move the goal posts later doesn’t change anything - I was merely pointing out exactly what happened.

When a WR leaps and plans on two hands and has the left removed from the occasion at the last moment no one is catching it. Now if a receiver knows or attacks with the plan of one hand that is a different story.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they don’t bring pressure on the play they got the sack on and that very rushed 4th down throw, of course you can’t say for sure, but I would have bet the Rams go down and score. I will take my chances with trying to apply more pressure than what they usually do.

Oh I do as well for sure

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasn’t been this year. And you attacked that play, so I was discussing that play. Move the goal posts later doesn’t change anything - I was merely pointing out exactly what happened.

When a WR leaps and plans on two hands and has the left removed from the occasion at the last moment no one is catching it. Now if a receiver knows or attacks with the plan of one hand that is a different story.
Only your misreading made this A move the goal post argument. I simply said I was done with Wicks. You asked why… my answer not only referenced that play but also his previous drops. You were so intent on defending that single play that you ignored the bigger picture. No goal posts were moved, you just didnt notice their existence.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only your misreading made this A move the goal post argument. I simply said I was done with Wicks. You asked why… my answer not only referenced that play but also his previous drops. You were so intent on defending that single play that you ignored the bigger picture. No goal posts were moved, you just didnt notice their existence.

Fair, but you argued back about that play which is why I kept discussing it specifically.

Wicks has had far too many drops, it’s crazy given he is the best at getting open in the NFL by many metrics.

I’m not happy with our whole team when it comes to catching this year…it’s like watching a whole team of young James Jones and Adams out there…

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair, but you argued back about that play which is why I kept discussing it specifically.

Wicks has had far too many drops, it’s crazy given he is the best at getting open in the NFL by many metrics.

I’m not happy with our whole team when it comes to catching this year…it’s like watching a whole team of young James Jones and Adams out there…
Well lets hope it’s more Adams than Jones lol… I like James Jones, but he never became an Adams lol.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on Wicks. I can be as cynical as anybody, but Devonta Adams dropped a lot of passes in year 2 and he turned out to be pretty good. No doubt Wicks has sucked this year but he's too talented to not not able to improve himself. Give him some time. He may even turn it around yet this season.
I agree, some folks act like he's a top three WR on this roster, give him time. I'm way more concerned about major gaps in our defense, minus the takeaways, and the Rams were marching for most of the game. We should have been dominant against what was a lot of 3rd stringers, but they for the most part weren't. How many years are we going to act like only turnovers matter? The GBP were letting 3rd or worse WR play well. We have to remember that their top two WRs (which are amongst the best in the NFL), if they played, this is probably a loss.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Young being the keyword. These guys will get better.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Defensive line play has been disappointing through the first five games. I don't have the answer but this next draft is supposed to be very good for d-linemen and I hope we get a good one in the first couple of rounds

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers were lucky to get a win. They didn't play very well and had a lot of talented guys out. Had the Rams not been so badly beat up by injuries, they probably wouldn't have escaped with an injury. Too many dropped passes and the pass rush from the edges is inadequate against a beat up O line.

That said, I like the progress from some of the rookies today. Cooper keeps getting better and is starting to make plays while the 2 rookie safeties are not playing like rookies. Brooks broke out today and needs more snaps. Hopefully, the team isn't as banged up next week and plays better football.

Reaction score
wow. A Win but that was the too close for comfort. Had Kupp and 1 OL been active in LA they Win imo.

Very inconsistent. A decision needs to be looked at with Wicks. He’s blowing out too many targets with drops. I’m not suggesting benching, but absolutely limit him once Doubs or Watson is back
10/29 on the season. 34.4% reception rate. Get him on the JUGS machine and he’s not allowed to RAC until he’s taken 2 full steps with control.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a very young team still. Youngest in the NFL. Coaches have to keep building concentration, focus, and fundamentals. Execution will be the result. And those silly false starts need to diminish as well.