Packers vs Raiders Game Thread: Sin City Slugfest Edition

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's three times on the same post long time. Got some kind of a hard-on for me?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree that WR need to play much better too, but tonight's loss is on Love. This offense is terrible but not having a competent strength and conditioning system is killing the Packers. Too many guys have non contact injuries and it takes much too long to get back on the field. Not having Jones is magnified when the qb sucks.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does love always look stupid when he makes a bad play lol
Because like most young qbs, bad plays are a result of not knowing the game well enough...stupidity by inexperience. Some grow out of it, some never do. Not sure where Love will end up. But the mounting ints are troubling. Don't win that way very often. 13 pitiful pts against that defense.

Reaction score
I’ll watch that play again but I’m about 60% sure Love gets a 1st Down running it or at worst 4th n short (less than 3-4 yards)

Using a Timeout stops the clock with around :40 sec and it would be around the LV 28 yard line.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least MLF's offense is consistent, they score zero or 3 points in the first half. Not getting the team prepared. So far this season, first half scoring: 10, 10, 0, 3, 3
Whopping 5.2 points averaged in the first half.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I don’t think its to early to say this team better turn things around and even though the fire some body comments are funny, we all know that GB does not and will not throw any coaches bones to us fan animals, if the offense cant put up pts, the Defense can’t win the game for us, 2-3 had better be the last time we see a losing record, my 9cents on this…

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Offense sucked horribly.

The defence kept it under 20 which is statistically quite decent.
per a few the def sucks

The defense still managed to play pretty well despite the loss. Joe Barry's unit held the Raiders to just 17 points, overall, and it made two very impressive stops after Jordan Love's interceptions gave the Raiders offense some good opportunities to put more points on the board. The Packers finished the night allowing just 279 total net yards and they recorded an interception, 4.0 sacks, six quarterback hits, eight tackles for loss, and four pass break-ups.

but def lost it

Reaction score
Missed the first half but in the 4th qtr I saw a drop by Doubs Kraft and Watson
Romeo has a pass hit him in the hands and dropped it.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It was an easy +8 yard gain and Clock stoppage around the LV28
with :55 sec left using the sideline + saving a Timeout.
2nd n 2 @ LV28

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
per a few the def sucks

The defense still managed to play pretty well despite the loss. Joe Barry's unit held the Raiders to just 17 points, overall, and it made two very impressive stops after Jordan Love's interceptions gave the Raiders offense some good opportunities to put more points on the board. The Packers finished the night allowing just 279 total net yards and they recorded an interception, 4.0 sacks, six quarterback hits, eight tackles for loss, and four pass break-ups.

but def lost it
I thought the D line played well, but we could have used a little more Dback support, this is just about the D, the Offense knows they were a big disappointment

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Here Jordan had the sideline to stop the clock and 5+ yards minimum OR putting his head down with a blocker in front of him and possibly picking up the 1st using his feet.
4th n 5 with :43 sec and a Timeout at the LV30

OR
We had an option to use a Timeout there on a 4th n short if he goes outside and shoots for the line to gain at the last second.
1st n 10 LV25 or 4th n short the LV29 etc. LV28 and use last Timeout with :35 sec left. Time was not as much a factor as picking up at least 5-10 yards on that play.
Lesson: Live to see another down

Attachments

• IMG_5921.png
    IMG_5921.png
    440.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a good showing, no doubt. First, I don’t think this coaching staff is upper echelon in quality, and I think much of this is reflected on the field. I would have no complaints if the entire staff went at the end of the year, but JB for sure.

Now let’s get to Love. He has nice athletic ability, and really is composed, but I am not sure he is good enough. He is not always the most accurate of QBs and doesn’t show the arm talent on a regular basis. Not only that, but some decisions have been fairly questionable which I think we can chalk some up to starting inexperience, or I guess he gets the benefit of the doubt for now. I have also noticed that he isn’t throwing to the more open receiver on many occasions, which means he is either locking into a certain player, or he isn’t seeing them, which may be even worse.

Unless he improves drastically by the end of the season, no way do I dish out big money to Love, because I don’t see what it takes to be a top tier QB. And I hope I am wrong.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone has to remember. What wr did Aaron have to start his 1st starting season?
he had really good season vets
Not a good showing, no doubt. First, I don’t think this coaching staff is upper echelon in quality, and I think much of this is reflected on the field. I would have no complaints if the entire staff went at the end of the year, but JB for sure.

Now let’s get to Love. He has nice athletic ability, and really is composed, but I am not sure he is good enough. He is not always the most accurate of QBs and doesn’t show the arm talent on a regular basis. Not only that, but some decisions have been fairly questionable which I think we can chalk some up to starting inexperience, or I guess he gets the benefit of the doubt for now. I have also noticed that he isn’t throwing to the more open receiver on many occasions, which means he is either locking into a certain player, or he isn’t seeing them, which may be even worse.

Unless he improves drastically by the end of the season, no way do I dish out big money to Love, because I don’t see what it takes to be a top tier QB. And I hope I am wrong.
now this is a good post

I can get on board with this love assessment

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t see why it has to be one or the other, black and white offense vs defense. Is it so hard to put some blame on both??

The offense looked like it was being ran by my Pop Warner coach and was totally inept in just about every way.

The defense had probably its best showing of the year and it was still unremarkable at best. And it had to face one of the worst offenses in the league to finally show up and do something worthwhile

It’s like asking if you’d rather clean up crap or vomit. They both stink. If you are really passionate about one stinking less than other, that’s your prerogative I guess

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least MLF's offense is consistent, they score zero or 3 points in the first half. Not getting the team prepared. So far this season, first half scoring: 10, 10, 0, 3, 3
Wow - Now seeing that, P A T H E T I C

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t see why it has to be one or the other, black and white offense vs defense. Is it so hard to put some blame on both??

The offense looked like it was being ran by my Pop Warner coach and was totally inept in just about every way.

The defense had probably its best showing of the year and it was still unremarkable at best. And it had to face one of the worst offenses in the league to finally show up and do something worthwhile

It’s like asking if you’d rather clean up crap or vomit. They both stink. If you are really passionate about one stinking less than other, that’s your prerogative I guess
Would you rather clean up crap or vomit - L O L

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So we just blame the def then?

if def holds off to 0 we win every game

yesss