GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very disappointed in the game as a whole. IMO the defense looked better than the offense. Too many stupid mistakes. Not totally unexpected for the first game of the season and one that is played internationally. I was appalled at the condition of the field.

Fingers crossed regarding Love's injury.

alleycat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, and it sucks. I'm not talking about who's winning or who's playing better (or less awfully), I'm talking about a really ****** game all around. We can all just thank god we got out of this disaster without any players being injured.
jordan love better be okay packers are promising this season considering last season they went further than ANYONE thought possible

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MRI this morning points to the knee being OK.
Field testing suggests he avoided an ACL tear, but that doesn't mean the knee is okay, a lot of evidence points to MCL damage, we'll have to wait and see based on the MRI results.

Which, to be clear, hasn't been done as of the time of this post. They're still on an airplane.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Field testing suggests he avoided an ACL tear, but that doesn't mean the knee is okay, a lot of evidence points to MCL damage, we'll have to wait and see based on the MRI results.

Which, to be clear, hasn't been done as of the time of this post. They're still on an airplane.
If they are on American Airlines Flight #9747, they land in 6 minutes. Guessing the Packers first priority is Love and an MRI.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a bad night for sure. I hope it can be blamed on the trip, the long commute, first game rust, whatever. I still expected more. Hard to judge because so many guys were slipping on every play, even Love a few times.
He didn't play much in preseason either. Might as well consider these first couple of games as part of the preseason, except they count. They're not in game shape yet. Well, that was true before Love's injury, anyway.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time to change out Myers. The center is much more important than people give it credit imho.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite finishing last year 1-6 , the Eagles were still favored because of the Packers porous run defense. There are things a D coordinator can't fix and getting manhandled at the line of scrimmage isn't really a scene question as much as iits an athleticism question.
Even though the D did play more aggressive than a Barry defense it allowed the Eagles to steadily make first downs and wear us out. The play total was like plus 20 for Philly. A lot of it is personnel. When you play a team that can run wide and pound up the middle the defense has to sell out on the run and rely on skill players in the passing game. Teams like the Ravens, Chiefs, 9ers, and Cowboys can physically shut down the run and still cover the pass.

Reaction score
Even though the D did play more aggressive than a Barry defense it allowed the Eagles to steadily make first downs and wear us out. The play total was like plus 20 for Philly. A lot of it is personnel. When you play a team that can run wide and pound up the middle the defense has to sell out on the run and rely on skill players in the passing game. Teams like the Ravens, Chiefs, 9ers, and Cowboys can physically shut down the run and still cover the pass.
I still think our primary goal was to stop Hurts, which we did. The problem is when you allocate attention to one aspect (Hurts Rushing) you often sacrifice in another area.
Overall we fine. You could see inconsistency in both sides. Our 10 penalties didn’t help. Clean that up to 5
4-6 penalties and make that FG and that game is 2pt coin flip. It’s not like we got humiliated. Love’s Rating was better than Hurts. We also out yardaged them and out Rushed them. The Eagles were a little better in Passing 1st downs 13 to our 9 other than that we looked very very similar. Statistically. Partly due to a few errant throws and a couple good throws that were dropped. Those missed opportunities are crucial in close games.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think our primary goal was to stop Hurts, which we did. The problem is when you allocate attention to one aspect (Hurts Rushing) you often sacrifice in another area.
Overall we fine. You could see inconsistency in both sides. Our 10 penalties didn’t help. Clean that up to 5
4-6 penalties and make that FG and that game is 2pt coin flip. It’s not like we got humiliated. Love’s Rating was better than Hurts. We also out yardaged them and out Rushed them. The Eagles were a little better in Passing 1st downs 13 to our 9 other than that we looked very very similar. Statistically. Partly due to a few errant throws and a couple good throws that were dropped. Those missed opportunities are crucial in close games.
Good analysis and its not to be unexpected when your starters hardly play in the Preseason.

I thought our containment of Hurts was really good. It wasn't until they started to wear us down a bit that he got off a couple of decent gains. You could almost see the flummoxed look on his face when he tried to escape outside on a few plays and we shut it down.

Penalties killed us. (Note I said penalties not the refs.) Even allowing the missed FG if we convert even one of those first two red zone possessions (eliminate a few penalties) we gain 4 points and its a different game. We make that FG and we are up by two.

I'm not saying Packer fans are dodging chunks of sky, I've not seen that yet, but it is a bit interesting to see some non fans grabbing their forks. To this I'll just say put em away folks because I don't think we are done yet.