Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see Jacobs is a smart FB player
He needs to mentor a couple of these kids. What the hell were Alexander and Nixon thinking? They just wanted to be Superman, instead of smart team players.

I'm especially disappointed in Nixon, because I'm a real big fan of his. But that was an absolutely foolish decision, and exactly the kind of decision he can not afford to make - considering how many people in the organization must have had to stand up on their hind legs and vouch for him a few months ago when his agent convinced the Gutemeister to pay him $18,000,000 for making intelligent plays at key moments for the next 3 seasons.

And I was shocked that Jaire (another guy I've been a huge fan of since the moment he was drafted out of literally the town next door to me) pissed away god knows how many precious seconds floating around back and forth from one end of the end zone to the other, pointing his finger and trying to set up a return instead of taking a safety and stopping the clock. What in the worrld was he thinking? He's supposed to be smarter than that.

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can but you won’t. If it was his knee they’d have been imobilizing and icing it already. We’ll find out but looked like an ankle to me. He had to come out because GB was out of timeouts

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wasn’t impressed with Love, their were throws that were the bad memory of why we eliminated in the playoffs last season
I kept thinking the same thing. Too many of those throws.

To me, that was maybe the most disturbing part of the game - too many hurried passes, thrown inside when the smart play was to throw it outside (and vice versa), too many passes that look like what you would expect late in the 4th quarter (which it wasn't) of a game where you're way behind (which we weren't). I got the feeling he thought he had to score 6 on every possession or we couldn't keep up. I'd have liked to have seen him play with a little more patience and confidence than that.

Sometime in the 2nd quarter, I began to get the disturbing feeling he'd been watching the wrong films this off season, and maybe learning the wrong lessons.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are just the sort of team we don't match up well against. Big, tough, offensive and defensive lines. Throw Saquon Barkley in there on top of it and you have an Eagles win.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can but you won’t. If it was his knee they’d have been imobilizing and icing it already. We’ll find out but looked like an ankle to me.

I think you nailed it. Jalen Carter had hold of Love's left lower leg with both of his arms, and was rolling up over the outside of Love's left foot with his body while trying to pull him down.

Carter pinned his left foot to the ground, rolled up Love's ankle and lower leg, and Love's left leg just crumpled under him when the ankle was both twisted to the outside and bent inwards from Carter's weight.

I think it's a severe ankle sprain on the inside of his left ankle, and thank god he didn't snap the bottim of the tibia. For a few seconds, that's what I thought actually happened.

Willis needs to brush up on that playbook.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you nailed it. Jalen Carter had hold of Love's left lower leg with both of his arms, and was rolling up over the outside of Love's left foot with his body while trying to pull him down.

Carter pinned his left foot to the ground, rolled up Love's ankle and lower leg, and Love's left leg just crumpled under him when the ankle was both twisted to the outside and bent inwards from Carter's weight.

I think it's a severe ankle sprain on the inside of his left ankle, and thank god he didn't snap the bottim of the tibia. For a few seconds, that's what I thought actually happened.

Willis needs to brush up on that playbook.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That looks like a classic torn ACL to me. Left knee collapses inwards under stress.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Video shows the knee popped. Not good. If that's an ACL, my enjoyment of this season just went in the toilet.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are just the sort of team we don't match up well against. Big, tough, offensive and defensive lines. Throw Saquon Barkley in there on top of it and you have an Eagles win.
Despite finishing last year 1-6 , the Eagles were still favored because of the Packers porous run defense. There are things a D coordinator can't fix and getting manhandled at the line of scrimmage isn't really a scene question as much as iits an athleticism question.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wasn’t impressed with Love, their were throws that were the bad memory of why we eliminated in the playoffs last season
He had a bad night for sure. I hope it can be blamed on the trip, the long commute, first game rust, whatever. I still expected more. Hard to judge because so many guys were slipping on every play, even Love a few times.

More concerned about the injury. JS wrote he was walking in the locker room. Hopefully just an awkward fall with no real damage. We'll know soon enough. Keep Tannehill on speed dial.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If I were a betting man, I 'd go with the inglorious and infamous "high ankle sprain". The one that never seems to heal properly until the off season - which really sucks in that it's week one.

I am calling upon the football gods to .. just this one time .. leave the poor kid alone. Fingers crossed because hey, they have to owe us one somehow.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a bad night for sure. I hope it can be blamed on the trip, the long commute, first game rust, whatever. I still expected more. Hard to judge because so many guys were slipping on every play, even Love a few times.

More concerned about the injury. JS wrote he was walking in the locker room. Hopefully just an awkward fall with no real damage. We'll know soon enough. Keep Tannehill on speed dial.
Tannehill would want too much money. Any salary cap saved this year can be rolled over into the 2025 season when the money would be more valuable.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tannehill would want too much money. Any salary cap saved this year can be rolled over into the 2025 season when the money would be more valuable.
That's a good point. It depends on how far Packer management thinks the team can get with Tannehill. Considering the overall talent of the team, I think it would be a good move. Hopefully it turns out to be an unnecessary move.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good point. It depends on how far Packer management thinks the team can get with Tannehill. Considering the overall talent of the team, I think it would be a good move. Hopefully it turns out to be an unnecessary move.
Put Love on IR, Bring back Pratt and have a 16 game pre season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither Ryan Tannehill nor Malik Willis is leading this team anywhere promising this season. If Love is lost for the season, there's nothing to do but look ahead to '25. Pencil in Malik and hope he can at least develop into a serviceable backup. At least you're looking at adding a top 10 or even top 5 draft talent to the roster.

Bringing in Tannehill, who's been out of football all offseason and would likely take time and reps to even learn the offense, seems like just spending more money just for a 7 win ceiling and worse draft position.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of problems. Never been a fan of Walker as a linebacker. Would pull him and insert Hopper. He's got size and more of the middle lb look. He was really good in pre-season.
Offensive line really needs attention.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest reports are that Love's ancle is fine. That's the bad news! He will have an MRI on his knee when he returns to Green Bay. They wouldn't be doing that if he was fine. The Packers are one step closer to a lost season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest reports are that Love's ancle is fine. That's the bad news! He will have an MRI on his knee when he returns to Green Bay. They wouldn't be doing that if he was fine. The Packers are one step closer to a lost season.
Nothing confirmed, but most signs point to an MCL.

Which would not necessarily mean a lost season, but could lead to one if they can't find a way to win a couple games with Malik Willis, since Love would likely be looking at a multi-game absence.

Members online

Latest posts