Nelson signs with Da Raiders

If Jordy signs with the Raiders, should GB go after Crabtree?

• Yes

• No

• Draft another WR

• Focus on defense

Results are only viewable after voting.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Nelson has not ruled out the fact he might be retiring. We will have to wait to see what Rodgers says. If he comes out swinging, Nelson will be in a different uniform next season. If not, maybe his plan was to retire. Judging by bakitaris twitter, unfortunately I do not think Nelson planned on retiring.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen - I love Nelson but this is a business and he wasn't improving it anymore. Most of us don't know what happened behind closed doors, but Nelson gave up on Hundley (IMO) and we need WRs that can win battles no matter who is throwing him the ball. Maybe Nelson will test the market and come back for the minimum, but there are no free lunches in the NFL.

Nelson gave up on Hundley? Well, maybe he did. Hundley was the worst quarterback I've ever seen start more than a single game. It was an insult to the fans, the receivers, the league and the universe in general that the guy played more than a dozen snaps. There is no way you cut one of the top receivers in the league because he -- maybe -- quit on Hundley.

Gonepackin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not retiring. He would have just done so. I think people are in the Shock and Denial phase of their reactions.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee Rodgers is pissed
Screw him. It's room for his huge contract that requires this kind of thing. If AR gets his ******* in a bundle they should offer to resign Jordy if AR redoes his contract for $15m/yr.

But I think Rodgers understands.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw him. It's room for his huge contract that requires this kind of thing. If AR gets his ******* in a bundle they should offer to resign Jordy if AR redoes his contract for $15m/yr.

But I think Rodgers understands.
How dare we pay the one player who actually makes us competitive?

Making room for other players makes no sense. Look around the league. A ton of cap space on many teams. There isn't enough talent on our own team to justify being so close to the cap. They'd gladly take him off our hands.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson still looked like a damned good receiver as recently as 2016, Cobb hasn't looked like more than just a contributor since what 2014? I thought they both looked even while Rodgers was playing last year.

I think they cut the wrong guy.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson gave up on Hundley? Well, maybe he did. Hundley was the worst quarterback I've ever seen start more than a single game. It was an insult to the fans, the receivers, the league and the universe in general that the guy played more than a dozen snaps. There is no way you cut one of the top receivers in the league because he -- maybe -- quit on Hundley.
I agree wholeheartedly, I would have quit on that terrible QB as well. Maybe he got tired of watching a QB backpedaling looking absolutely confused, most of the time. I just don't know how they're looking out for AR's best interests. Firing a QB coach and letting go of WR he obviously looks for down field. Hopefully Adams keeps healthy and stays consistent.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nelson still looked like a damned good receiver as recently as 2016, Cobb hasn't looked like more than just a contributor since what 2014? I thought they both looked even while Rodgers was playing last year.

I'm. sure they had a talk with Nelson. something still may be coming

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Business decision but still feels like a punch to the gut. One of my favorite players of all time. Sad day:(

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Cobb and cutting Jordy ---> can already kiss away any chance of the new GM not being a damn idiot. Anyone who has watched the team over the past 3 years knows Nelson is more valuable than ****ing Cobb.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Nelson refused to re do? and Cobb will?
He was open to a restructure that was reported and the way gute made it sound in his press conference he won’t be back.. graham is gonna be a receiver for us

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jordy looked pretty terrible down the stretch last year. He's one of my all time favorite players, but seriously, he was borderline worthless down the stretch.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Cobb was hurt more and prob played more of a reason why numbers were down. Jordy had lost speration speed and it won't come back.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I feel like Jordy could have come back and given us a 10+ td, 1000 yard season this year with AR under center.
Jordy looked pretty terrible down the stretch last year. He's one of my all time favorite players, but seriously, he was borderline worthless down the stretch.

He was borderline worthless down the stretch, but how does he look with Aaron Rodgers? At this point in his career he's a possession receiver, but potentially a damned good one if allowed to run option routes in the slot all game long.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb was hurt more and prob played more of a reason why numbers were down. Jordy had lost speration speed and it won't come back.

When your numbers are down 3 years running it might not be because of injuries anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts