Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon

15 Games
23 Rec, 319 Yards, Avg 13.3, Long 30, TD 1

Jennings

3 Games
10 Rec, 173 Yards, Avg 17.3, Long 75, TD 2

Jennigs is already way ahead of Javon if he keeps this pace the seacon could look like this

53 Rec, 922 Yards

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Javon

15 Games

Jennings

3 Games

Jennigs is already way ahead of Javon if he keeps this pace the seacon could look like this

53 Rec, 922 Yards

C'mon, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE here. Jennings was thrown right into the mix.

Using that logic Ryan Leaf was way ahead of Brett Favre

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
PackerLegend said:
Javon

15 Games

Jennings

3 Games

53 Rec, 922 Yards

Jennings is a much more seasoned receiver in his rookie year than Walker, but I believe Walker has intangibles that Jennings will never have, like prototypical size.

Should Jennings continue working, there is a bright future for him. I am glad DD is there to show him the way.

Pyle you didn't just use Ryan Leaf and Brett Favre in the same sentence did you?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Have to agree with pyle on this one. Javon was third string behind Driver and Fergie while he was with GB.

Rookie year he started 2 games.
Second year he started 3 games.
Third year he started 12 games.
Fourth year he started 1 game.

Jennings has been thrown right in right away.

However, one could argue that Jennings out performed Fergie to take the starting spot from him where Walker couldn't. But I blamed that on Sherman then and I blame him for it now.

edit, Ryan Leaf to Brett Favre is a mistake comparision but I get his point lol

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
PackerLegend said:
Javon

15 Games

Jennings

3 Games

53 Rec, 922 Yards

Jennings is a much more seasoned receiver in his rookie year than Walker, but I believe Walker has intangibles that Jennings will never have, like prototypical size.

Should Jennings continue working, there is a bright future for him. I am glad DD is there to show him the way.

Pyle you didn't just use Ryan Leaf and Brett Favre in the same sentence did you?

Yes, unfortunately I did. My Bad.

Jennings will be ok but talent wise I'd sure rather have Javon. The good thing about Jennings as you say is that he has the ULTIMATE UNDERDOG, Donald Driver, mentoring him

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Have to agree with pyle on this one. Javon was third string behind Driver and Fergie while he was with GB.

Rookie year he started 2 games.
Second year he started 3 games.
Third year he started 12 games.
Fourth year he started 1 game.

Jennings has been thrown right in right away.

However, one could argue that Jennings out performed Fergie to take the starting spot from him where Walker couldn't. But I blamed that on Sherman then and I blame him for it now.

But at that time, Fergie also had a huge upside, which we have never seen as of today

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Walker had a way bigger upside than Fergie. Walker was a top ten overall pick. Fergie was a second rounder who couldn't stay on the field and/or didn't perform well.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhhh......Jwalk wasn't a top 10 pick.

Fergie was being slowly mixed in as they did with Javon. Javon panned out, Fergie didn't

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Uhhhh......Jwalk wasn't a top 10 pick.

Fergie was being slowly mixed in as they did with Javon. Javon panned out, Fergie didn't

When was he picked? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I WAS thinking of jamal small reynolds

d'oh! lol

edit, he was 20th overall ... Fergy was 41st overall. Javon had a bigger upside then Fergy did. Higher expecations too. Fergy already had a year under his belt when he showed what he couldn't do.

Bad rookie year for fergie.
Top 20 pick WR from FSU who was bigger and faster.

Javon should have started his rookie year and Fergie should have came off the bench.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings can turn into something real special. Someone else Favre can rely on. Which was in my opinion a big reason we scored so many more points against the Saints and Lions than the Bears. I am looking forward to the week 17 matchup.

Jennings doesn't have Rosenhaus for an agent, does he?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
edit, he was 20th overall ... Fergy was 41st overall. Javon had a bigger upside then Fergy did. Higher expecations too. Fergy already had a year under his belt when he showed what he couldn't do.

Bad rookie year for fergie.
Top 20 pick WR from FSU who was bigger and faster.

Javon should have started his rookie year and Fergie should have came off the bench.

Nice, lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gopackgo said:

No.

But there is a Packer who is his client that surprised me. I can't recall who.

edit, Vernard Morency... the crazy zhit you think of while making four pitchers of koolaid lol

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morency was the guy that surprised you? Or was that someone else?

Tauscher would surprise me.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
Morency was the guy that surprised you? Or was that someone else?

Tauscher would surprise me.

Yeah. I don't know anything about Morency, but for some reason him having drew as his agent caught me off guard.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
gopackgo said:

No.

But there is a Packer who is his client that surprised me. I can't recall who.

edit, Vernard Morency... the crazy zhit you think of while making four pitchers of koolaid lol

Didn't Davenport have Rosenhaus too?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Greg will ever be one of those "special" players that are always talked about as being game changers. I think he's going to have a great career and will be a solid number 1 guy eventually, but I just don't see him being in the category of a T.O., mostly due to his size, (though Steve Smith is a special player and he's 2 inches shorter than Greg, so I could be wrong).

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah size is bull....

steve smith is without a doubt the best reciever in football for the past two years and he is no bigger than me. its all about production and 101 yards and a TD is production. and thats all you could ask of a number one reciever really
im not sayin greg is gonna be a star... im just saying its more than probable

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
yeah size is bull....

steve smith is without a doubt the best reciever in football for the past two years and he is no bigger than me. its all about production and 101 yards and a TD is production. and thats all you could ask of a number one reciever really
im not sayin greg is gonna be a star... im just saying its more than probable

I'll say it then........."Greg is gonna be a star!"

Jennings actually reminds me of.......Donald Driver!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Reminds me more of Antonio Freeman. Except Free ran exceptional routes. I'm sure Jennings will get to that point though.

Freeman would get open, catch the ball and make people miss. Somewhat similar to Sterling Sharpe.

Driver is a different breed. He's faster than Jennings and uses position to gain more yards. He makes people miss where Jennings shrugs them off.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings has certainly defied the odds for performance by a rookie WR which reflects pretty dismal numbers for all but a few. Those few, however, have proven to be outstanding WR's in this league so the future looks very bright for him.

His ability to come out of breaks with the speed he has is what makes him special. He will only get better with time as far as picking up the little things that will allow him to become even better.

This guy is going to gain a lot of yards after the catch. He just has that thing about him that you can see he feels like he is just starting the play AFTER he makes the catch. Catching it is just part one of two parts.

There's not a lot of guys in the league with that ability. Most want to just get enough separation to make a catch. He wants to make a big play out of every catch.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon didnt start off hot, but eventually became great

Jennings is starting off hot, and can only get better

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
prototypical size is not an intangible. size is something you can measure. heart is intangible

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I don't think Greg will ever be one of those "special" players that are always talked about as being game changers.

kinda like DD? I'll take another DD in a heartbeat!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts