2024 schedule

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of the shouting TV know-it-alls say the same thing, but I don't buy it. If that's how well they played, then that's how well they played.

If those two games were flukes, that would be one thing. But tghere was nothing flukey about either one - they kicked Dallas' *** up one side of the street and down the other alll afternoon, and a week later they legitimately outplayed the Niners for every one of the first 58 minutes of that game.

The last several games of the season, that was the level they were playing at, and they just continued that level of play in the postseason. The last 1/3 of the season, they were the hottest team in the NFL. If that's how well they played, that's how good they are. By the end of 23, there was not a single team in the NFL that they weren't capable of beating.

No, but they shouldn't need to. It's highly likely that they'll be substantially improved. They finished the season as a Top Ten team, and I think will starty 2024 as a Top Five or Six.
Oh I agree with you 13. As far as playing over their collective head, I was just repeating something I read (and now I don't even remember where, probably the Athletic).

I also agree that they are substantially improved based on all the moves Gluten has made this off season. And FWIW, even the Athletic has them at #6 in pre-season power rankings, and that sounds about right. The only position I have concerns about is K, and hopefully competition and a little healthy fear for his job are all Carlson needs.

The team last year reminded me a little of the 2010-2011 SB championship team. I think they started from the 6th and last seed and ran the table. It's true in every pro sport I know - the healthiest teams playing their best ball in the last month of the season can and do go far.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And for those of us way outside the Green Bay region, that means that those last 4 games you mentioned are the only guaranteed national broadcasts. I'm sure we'll get a few more in there as the season evolves, but as of now, I'm only certain to tio see 4 regular season games (plus of course the postseaon).

Mywife got me NFL Network for a gift last year because I'm way too cheap to spend the money, so I'll at least be able to see replays of all the games - with the possible exception of the Brazil game, which may be available only to Peacock subscribers. And there's no way in hell I'll ever get sucked into that money-grabbing scam.
Where do you live 13? I was in CA from 2000-2018 and bit the bullet and subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. At the time, it was worth the hefty price. Although watching Sunday games with the obligatory beer(s) at 10AM was a little weird.

Now games are all over different streaming services. But if I was still outside the viewing area, I'd still subscribe to the Ticket - especially with Red Zone and other features. It takes care of an NFL junky's needs.

Reaction score
Oh I agree with you 13. As far as playing over their collective head, I was just repeating something I read (and now I don't even remember where, probably the Athletic).

I also agree that they are substantially improved based on all the moves Gluten has made this off season. And FWIW, even the Athletic has them at #6 in pre-season power rankings, and that sounds about right. The only position I have concerns about is K, and hopefully competition and a little healthy fear for his job are all Carlson needs.

The team last year reminded me a little of the 2010-2011 SB championship team. I think they started from the 6th and last seed and ran the table. It's true in every pro sport I know - the healthiest teams playing their best ball in the last month of the season can and do go far.
Yeah. I thought last year was very reminiscent of a mix of our 2008- 2009 seasons. Maybe some slight differences (back then we had a very veteran OL and much more overall levels of experience) but we won 9 regular season in 2023, but we were very close strength wise. It was more of a matter of getting a few missing D pieces on board to fill in the gaps, like CM3 etc. Also Rodgers was synchronizing with his Weapons as a newer Starting QB.
In summary we were “on the rise” and very dynamic. I see us in that same arena now.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you live 13? I was in CA from 2000-2018 and bit the bullet and subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. At the time, it was worth the hefty price. Although watching Sunday games with the obligatory beer(s) at 10AM was a little weird.

Now games are all over different streaming services. But if I was still outside the viewing area, I'd still subscribe to the Ticket - especially with Red Zone and other features. It takes care of an NFL junky's needs.
I have DirecTV and they have Red Zone include with sports package. No extra fee. It's all I need.

Members online

No members online now.