Which games next season

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys looking forward to the most? I really hope we can beat the 49ers. We got them at Lambeau so we should win. How about you guys?
Looking forward to seeing the Texans. They have high expectations and are not a rivaled opponent.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corinthians arena is an open air stadium that seats about 47,000 people. I'd rather have to face the tropical heat and humidity than the indoor turf of a dome. David Bahktiari was outspoken against the indoor turf. Is he an outlier in his disdain for the turf? I doubt it. He's just more confident in making his opinions known. I see nothing good coming from going on such an odyssey to start a season for either team.
Always hate the turf. For much of his career the great Walter Payton had to play on that ugly concrete. September is not the worst down there. Are our chances any better chasing the Eagles there or in Philly?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corinthians arena is an open air stadium that seats about 47,000 people. I'd rather have to face the tropical heat and humidity than the indoor turf of a dome. David Bahktiari was outspoken against the indoor turf. Is he an outlier in his disdain for the turf? I doubt it. He's just more confident in making his opinions known. I see nothing good coming from going on such an odyssey to start a season for either team.
It's not going to be hot at all; September is springtime in Brazil. Temperatures in the mid-70s in the daytime, 60s at night, and dewpoints in the 50s. It's a night game, too.

On September 6th last year, gametime temperature was 63, wth a dewpoint of 57. Year before, gametime temp of 59, dewpoint 55. 2021, 63 and 60. And so on...

The climate will be cooler that time of year in Sao Paolo than in Green Bay. In Green Bay, September 6 was considerably warmer and more muggy than Sao Paolo each of the last several years.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
It's not going to be hot at all; September is springtime in Brazil. Temperatures in the mid-70s in the daytime, 60s at night, and dewpoints in the 50s. It's a night game, too.

On September 6th last year, gametime temperature was 63, wth a dewpoint of 57. Year before, gametime temp of 59, dewpoint 55. 2021, 63 and 60. And so on...

The climate will be cooler that time of year in Sao Paolo than in Green Bay. In Green Bay, September 6 was considerably warmer and more muggy than Sao Paolo each of the last several years.
I think a lot of people forget that Brazil is in the Southern Hemisphere and seasons are reversed. Good point and content -13 below

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My nephew lives in Brazil. Says he will take the 2 hour flight to go see it. He fits well into the celebratory culture. Probably will be sending lots of photos.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My nephew lives in Brazil. Says he will take the 2 hour flight to go see it. He fits well into the celebratory culture. Probably will be sending lots of photos.
I'm actually thinkingoif going myself. Round trip airfare is less than a thousand, and once you're down there you can get hotels for the same prices as any NFL city in the continental US. Food's great, plenty of things to see....

Might be a really fun, once in a lifetime experience.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people forget that Brazil is in the Southern Hemisphere and seasons are reversed. Good point and content -13 below
Sao Paulo is lot closer to the equator by thousands of miles than Green Bay. Yes, it may be springtime, but at that latitude, seasons are muted. Sao Paolo is about as far south as Tampa is north. A night game will help hut traveling 7000 miles to play a game is crazy. In what way will all that travel make for a better football game? It's about marketing, even at the expense of the game. Kind of like food companies, reducing the size of the container and charging the same price.

Reaction score
11 picks. I want the middle of the defense strengthened with about 5 guys they like. That leaves 6 and UDFA's to provide competition elsewhere. Four years from now, if I look back and see 1-2 core players and a smattering of complementary contributors to a winning team I'll consider it a highly successful draft. It ain't easy picking way down at 25 every round.
It’s possibly why there’s been rumors that GB has made attempts to move up into the teens. It might just be preliminary negotiation to be predetermined IF the board isn’t favorable to a trade partner. They can move back 5-10 spots and pick up another Day2 selection from us.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s possibly why there’s been rumors that GB has made attempts to move up into the teens. It might just be preliminary negotiation to be predetermined IF the board isn’t favorable to a trade partner. They can move back 5-10 spots and pick up another Day2 selection from us.
So just where do you think these rumors come from? I can't imagine Gute leaking the info. Would he even share his thoughts with any other members of the Packers staff if he was considering it? If it happened I suppose whichever GMs he contacted could share the info to drive up the price of their pick but would they do it and if so would they share who it was. I guess I may be a bit naïve to think these types of negotiations happen inside a bubble between two "gentlemen" who respect each other's privacy concerns but the thing is most of the time we never get any confirmation. I haven't read this particular rumor so I have no idea who started it but a friend told me about them and now you bring it up. I guess I just get tired of people throwing crap out there hoping something will stick. Sometimes they get started with people saying its something they think should be done and that's fine. We all have opinions but there is a huge difference between "I think this is what they should do " and "This is what they are thinking about doing" That's probably why I don't really read much internet fodder. You never know what's real.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So just where do you think these rumors come from? I can't imagine Gute leaking the info. Would he even share his thoughts with any other members of the Packers staff if he was considering it? If it happened I suppose whichever GMs he contacted could share the info to drive up the price of their pick but would they do it and if so would they share who it was. I guess I may be a bit naïve to think these types of negotiations happen inside a bubble between two "gentlemen" who respect each other's privacy concerns but the thing is most of the time we never get any confirmation. I haven't read this particular rumor so I have no idea who started it but a friend told me about them and now you bring it up. I guess I just get tired of people throwing crap out there hoping something will stick. Sometimes they get started with people saying its something they think should be done and that's fine. We all have opinions but there is a huge difference between "I think this is what they should do " and "This is what they are thinking about doing" That's probably why I don't really read much internet fodder. You never know what's real.
Totally agree.
Personally I have full confidence in Packers mgmt that they would never disclose their hand publicly. On the other hand, I can envision a scenario that they might want to leak a potential move up if they are trying to gather info about other team's intentions because if I were a GM it's something I'd certainly do.
Now, on the other hand, we have all the online draftniks and national media whose incessant vain babbling is their main business and like you say is just throwing crap against the wall. All we have to do is look at who actually gets drafted when and where every single year to realize just how little these people are connected to reality.

Reaction score
Sure. It’s not substantiated and I doubt even it’s it’s true that the Packers FO is going to give away our strategy.

That said the article I read said “3 teams” had interest so I think it would be unusual to make up that number. Just my opinion but believe whatever you want I’m not offended. Matter of fact it’s why I clearly said rumor.
“It’s possibly why there’s been rumors that GB has made attempts to move up into the teens”

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. It’s not substantiated and I doubt even it’s it’s true that the Packers FO is going to give away our strategy.

That said the article I read said “3 teams” had interest so I think it would be unusual to make up that number. Just my opinion but believe whatever you want I’m not offended. Matter of fact it’s why I clearly said rumor.
“It’s possibly why there’s been rumors that GB has made attempts to move up into the teens”
I wasn't questioning you or pointing you out in any way. I wasn't blaming you or accusing you of starting or spreading rumors. I was merely asking you or anyone else where you thought the rumors come from as I highly doubt they came from the Packers.

Reaction score
I wasn't questioning you or pointing you out in any way. I wasn't blaming you or accusing you of starting or spreading rumors. I was merely asking you or anyone else where you thought the rumors come from as I highly doubt they came from the Packers.
Oh no I didn’t take it that way at all and I’ll entertain the ? because I’m actually bored as hell waiting on the Draft. :laugh:This is simply my guess but I think there are people on the inside of teams that leak stories (breadcrumbs) to friends or colleagues may be journalists etc. (@tynimiller and others claim to get nuggets all the time it’s not really inconceivable at all) I truly believe some phone calls were made by several teams to Seattle and it was obviously someone related to Seattle. Not unless 3 teams leaked similar stories at the same time and THAT I highly doubt. So The Packers didn’t need to say a word about it if that makes sense and I’m not even sure how someone would infer that unless their detective skills are subpar.
Listen. Teams are doing due diligence in the event their preferred player isn’t available etc..and that I’m near positive and I would certainly hope we are one of those teams @sschind

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm of the opinion that potential moves up and down are an annual discussion topic between GM's.

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that potential moves up and down are an annual discussion topic between GM's.
Exactly. It’s not some secret and it has little no zero bearing on leverage given to one team over another. There’s more information in a typical press conference that could be deemed more harmful than that. It’s a story but it’s a non story other than it helps Oldschool play his draft board with an occasional move up :)

I’ve actually done a few interactive drafts where I trade up for us parting with #41 and then I ask for an early 4th kickback to recoup a player.. meaning #16,#58, #88,91,102,126,169,202 etc. That #102 gets us a darn good OL, RB, LB, etc. That #16 just might get us a Blue Chip Player at OT, CB, Edge etc that’s an immediate difference maker

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, as they should be. A GM should be considering every possible scenario. I don't doubt that Gute has considered it and there is a good chance that he has in fact made some calls. I just question the validity of reports that claim to know it for a fact.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since there aren't direct flights from Green Bay to Brazil, they're probably looking at 13-14 hours of flying, play a game in torrid heat and fly back another 13-14 hours. Can't imagine that won't impact week 2. Both teams will get back late Saturday night or Sunday exhausted. It's the kind of scenario that can put both teams at a disadvantage. The loser of a game played 7,000 miles away is likely to start the season 0-2. Hopefully the next bargaining agreement will put an end to such nonsense but I highly doubt it when money is the primary motivation. It's bad enough for Green Bay but to make matters worse, the Eagles also lose a home game. It's no coincidence, that the overseas trip to London set off a tailspin by the Packers in 2022. If I'm the Eagles and Packers, I'd demand that the league relax the rules for suiting up players and allow both teams to suit up the entire 53 and practice squad to allow both teams to spread out the impact of the game.
I’d prefer no international games. Only the league wins.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, as they should be. A GM should be considering every possible scenario. I don't doubt that Gute has considered it and there is a good chance that he has in fact made some calls. I just question the validity of reports that claim to know it for a fact.
In fact, I'd be disappointed (and a little surprised) if he hadn't done that level of basic due diligence. A good GM keeps his ear to the ground and pays attention to whatever possibilities may be out there.

But I'd also be disappointed in him if he let the information out about who he's spoken with... unless of course he thought there was an advantage to it. I like a GM who plays mind games.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think these guys talk to each other a lot more than we would guess. Decisions on moving up or down in the draft aren't made solely on draft day. Well, I suppose some are but each GM is aware of his own teams' needs and to an extent, other teams. And on draft day, a decision has to be made quickly - so yeah, they talk.

Fordel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The upcoming Super Bowl season has us all buzzing with excitement! Taking on the 49ers at Lambeau sounds like a classic showdown, and I'm rooting for our team to come out on top.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The upcoming Super Bowl season has us all buzzing with excitement! Taking on the 49ers at Lambeau sounds like a classic showdown, and I'm rooting for our team to come out on top.
Damn it would be sweet to beat the Niners at Lambeau. They have just had the Packers' number over the years - or so it seems.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the 49ers game at home. They have to get the bad taste out if their mouths, and prove to themselves that they can beat them. Lost in playoffs at home a couple years ago, then lost again last year in San Francisco. "If" they can win this game, there should be a benefit in a rematch, if they should meet in the playoffs.... just like a loss in that game could have the opposite effect in the same scenario.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I never mind a Week 1 loss. It is a good kick in the pants for the players and Week 1 losses tend to mean less in the end than a Week 17 or Week 18 loss. Conversely, the Week 1 winner mind take their foot off of the gas a little. Last year the Packers looked impressive in Week 1 and then took half of a season to work their way into playoff form.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I never mind a Week 1 loss. It is a good kick in the pants for the players and Week 1 losses tend to mean less in the end than a Week 17 or Week 18 loss. Conversely, the Week 1 winner mind take their foot off of the gas a little. Last year the Packers looked impressive in Week 1 and then took half of a season to work their way into playoff form.
I completely agree, except for in the standings of course. I am pretty sure in the standings a week 1 loss counts the same as a loss in any other week. They have made a lot of rules changes, so maybe I missed this one. If so, I apologize in advance.