Which games next season

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Went to iron Mtn a few weeks ago for first time. Had a *****. (Pass Tee). I'm hooked. Escanaba is lovely, at least by the moon light, and economically speaking, Sault Ste Marie is one of the most important cities in the country under 100k residents.
The Soo Locks are very important to the shipping industry. They are building a new, additional lock right now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I live near Marquette, the largest " City" in the U.P.
They should be Packer fans in Marquette and probably have a sports bar? If they aren't, you ought to consider a move into friendly territory.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
They should be Packer fans in Marquette and probably have a sports bar? If they aren't, you ought to consider a move into friendly territory.
I always have been and will most likely always be a Yooper resident, until the day I leave this world. I'm not a bar guy, I'm sure I'll bite the bullet and add another streaming service to my lineup.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, technically I live in the "city" limits of my town... so I guess it depends on what you consider a city ;)
Not changing the subject, but back in the late 60s, my wife and I nearly bought a home in the ghost town of Michigamme. I loved it up there, and the fishing on the lake was amazing. At the time, there really wasn't anyone living there. A real ghost town, but the buildings were still in fairly decent repair. A small city, abandoned. We would have only been able to use it for long long holidays, and vacations, because of our work. That's what stopped it from happening. We wouldn't have been able to be there often enough to enjoy it.

While up there, we went to the bar where they filmed Anatomy of a Murder back in the early 50s. It was still the same as it was back then, and they told us about the filming they also did in Michigamme. That was for lunch, and we were the only customers, but the food was so darned good that we decided to go back for supper. We were amazed that they could stay in business with no customers.

When we got back there that evening, there was a wedding party going on, and there was literally over 100 cars. We went inside, and despite the crowd, they got us a table, and we ended up right in the middle of the festivities. We didn't get out of there until well after midnight, and we were treated like we were old friends by everyone.

Yoopers are a special breed of people. If there are better ones out there, it would have to be proven to me. We went back to the general area several times, and enjoyed each trip. Your home town is a great one. It's been about 50 years since we were in Marquette, but I remember going to a restaurant that served the best darned lake perch I ever had on a Friday night. It was an "all you can eat" special, and by the time I left there that night, I think I was growing gills!

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
While up there, we went to the bar where they filmed Anatomy of a Murder back in the early 50s. It was still the same as it was back then, and they told us about the filming they also did in Michigamme.
That would be Mt Shasta
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be Mt Shasta
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
That's it. I recognize the building. I don't think it's changed in nearly 60 years, or longer. The atmosphere inside, and pics from the movie sets was amazing. If I recall correctly, they used a campground at a park nearby for scenes as well.

I've been to a lot of places where they filmed movies, and actually worked on locations for filming movies and TV shows, and not too many of them have stuck in my mind, but that place was special, because it was the first one I'd ever been at, and it was so unique.

In fact, I'm flying up to Montana early tomorrow morning, where I'm going to be involved in a made for TV movie's filming. It's a lot of fun being a technical advisor. Make some money, and see some amazing places. Nice side gig for someone who's retired. :)

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went to iron Mtn a few weeks ago for first time. Had a *****. (Pass Tee). I'm hooked. Escanaba is lovely, at least by the moon light, and economically speaking, Sault Ste Marie is one of the most important cities in the country under 100k residents.
I used to go with my Aunt and Uncle to the U.P. and into Onterio thru Sault Ste Marie...........loved those summer trips.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F these exclusive streaming games, I won't do it if it's not something that I don't have. I'm not local to the Packers local broadcast, I'll have to see if I can find an illegal Brazilian website. All these Prime, Peacock, etc. are pissing many people off.
I got some Brazilian websites but I'm not sure if they would cover sporting events. Well those that dont involve volleyball anyway.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the practice squad idea. But keep in mind this is a Thursday night game. Packers have 3 extra days to recover from a 12 hour flight. I don't think there are any adverse issues with this.
I think its a Friday night game. Both teams will get back either late Saturday night or Sunday exhausted from 26-28 hours of flying and playing in tropical heat and humidity. It's complete bullsh*t if you ask me. The league is sticking it to two franchises. At a minimum, this game should come before a bye week. It's the kind of bullsh*t that we've come to expect out of Goodell.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F these exclusive streaming games, I won't do it if it's not something that I don't have. I'm not local to the Packers local broadcast, I'll have to see if I can find an illegal Brazilian website. All these Prime, Peacock, etc. are pissing many people off.
I'm one of them. The league doesn't care how many fans it alienates, because they know we'll keep paying whatever the billionaires tell us to pay.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are ways to get it. You might do a little searching out there.
As the time draws closer, I may have some suggestions. My wife's a millennial tech geek with IT businesses, she's a wizard at finding me ways to watch whatever Packer game I need. I have no clue how she does it. She'll be working the case on my behalf, and I'll share whatever she knows.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the time draws closer, I may have some suggestions. My wife's a millennial tech geek with IT businesses, she's a wizard at finding me ways to watch whatever Packer game I need. I have no clue how she does it. She'll be working the case on my behalf, and I'll share whatever she knows.
IPTV. Check it out.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Since there aren't direct flights from Green Bay to Brazil, they're probably looking at 13-14 hours of flying, play a game in torrid heat and fly back another 13-14 hours. Can't imagine that won't impact week 2. Both teams will get back late Saturday night or Sunday exhausted. It's the kind of scenario that can put both teams at a disadvantage. The loser of a game played 7,000 miles away is likely to start the season 0-2. Hopefully the next bargaining agreement will put an end to such nonsense but I highly doubt it when money is the primary motivation. It's bad enough for Green Bay but to make matters worse, the Eagles also lose a home game. It's no coincidence, that the overseas trip to London set off a tailspin by the Packers in 2022. If I'm the Eagles and Packers, I'd demand that the league relax the rules for suiting up players and allow both teams to suit up the entire 53 and practice squad to allow both teams to spread out the impact of the game.
I heard yesterday they are playing in an Arena which connotes indoors.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard yesterday they are playing in an Arena which connotes indoors.
Corinthians arena is an open air stadium that seats about 47,000 people. I'd rather have to face the tropical heat and humidity than the indoor turf of a dome. David Bahktiari was outspoken against the indoor turf. Is he an outlier in his disdain for the turf? I doubt it. He's just more confident in making his opinions known. I see nothing good coming from going on such an odyssey to start a season for either team.

Members online

Latest posts