2023 season finale vs the Bears: Win and in edition part deux

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
3:25 game on CBS. Win and get one of the wildcard slots. Same as last season. Packers have a history of beating the Staleys to get to the playoffs since Brett Favre took ownership of them before passing it on to Rodgers.
Vikings, Saints, Falcons games will be over before kickoff. Important to the Packers are the Rams and Seahawks that also play at the same time.

Saturday, Jan. 6
Steelers at Ravens, 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC)
Texans at Colts, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN/ABC)
Sunday, Jan. 7
Buccaneers at Panthers, 1 p.m. ET (Fox)
Browns at Bengals, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Vikings at Lions, 1 p.m. ET (Fox)
Jaguars at Titans, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Falcons at Saints, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Jets at Patriots, 1 p.m. ET (Fox)
Bears at Packers, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
Chiefs at Chargers, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
Broncos at Raiders, 4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)
Eagles at Giants, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)
Rams at 49ers, 4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)
Cowboys at Commanders, 4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)
Seahawks at Cardinals, 4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)
Bills at Dolphins, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)

ETA: It would suck to again lose and let the Seahawks get in like last year.

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without being a Debbie Downer or Pessimistic Pete (today's world who knows with some) are there any scenarios in which we lose and still can get in?
I believe if the Saints, Vikings, Seahawks, and Rams all lose then we can lose and make it, not 100% on that though

Reaction score
Without being a Debbie Downer or Pessimistic Pete (today's world who knows with some) are there any scenarios in which we lose and still can get in?
Yeah but we’d need
Falcons to Beat Saints @ NO
Cardinals to beat Seattle @Arizona
AND
Lions to beat Vikings @Detroit

We’d likely know before kickoff if were sudden death from early games.

First and foremost we just need to Win. With that the bulk of scenarios put us playing @ Dallas
As a 6th seed (Rams loss Packers Win) we could also play @Detroit.
I’d almost welcome that because we match up pretty good and I’d love for an opportunity to eliminate
Bears/Vikings in week 18
Detroit in Wilcard.

That’d be glorious. Does everyone realize how many thought the Packers would finish 3rd or 4th in the North and miss playoffs? They must be crapping their pants

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got to focus on the bears that's going to be a tough game. They've been playing very well lately. Best matchup in the playoffs for us would be either the Eagles or lions.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3:25 game on CBS. Win and get one of the wildcard slots. Same as last season. Packers have a history of beating the Staleys to get to the playoffs since Brett Favre took ownership of them before passing it on to Rodgers.
Vikings, Saints, Falcons games will be over before kickoff. Important to the Packers are the Rams and Seahawks that also play at the same time.

Saturday, Jan. 6
Sunday, Jan. 7

Bears are playing good football right now. We saw how Fields orchestrated his escape act yesterday. Their D can make plays at times. They certainly can play in cold weather whereas the Falcons could not. They almost beat the Lions twice. They would love nothing more than to knock us out.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’d be glorious. Does everyone realize how many thought the Packers would finish 3rd or 4th in the North and miss playoffs? They must be crapping their pants
I thought 3rd or 4th was a real possibility. Am happy the way things are turning out. Should I be crapping my pants? I'm not.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought 3rd or 4th was a real possibility. Am happy the way things are turning out. Should I be crapping my pants? I'm not.
Had we not won last night 4th place was a possibility. No one figured the Bears to get a jump late in the season.

Reaction score
Same as last season. Packers have a history of beating the Staleys to get to the playoffs since Brett Favre took ownership of them before passing it on to Rodgers.
It’s so nice to hear that a multitude of NFC opponents are hanging their playoff hopes on merely a wish that the Packers.
Ive never been so happy as to have a shot at letting them all down :whistling:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bares players keep talking ****!! You are not the 2023 lions! Your qb is still a turnover machine! Hope the Packers throttle them!!
Division games bring out a different beast in teams. Both the Bears and our team individually have not logged that many games against each other as say the 2010 season when both teams were in the championship game.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Division games bring out a different beast in teams. Both the Bears and our team individually have not logged that many games against each other as say the 2010 season when both teams were in the championship game.
2011 aah a good year. Beat the Bears 4 times that calendar year. Twice to end the 2010 season and swept them in the 2011 one.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I’m as nervous about this game as I have been all season. The Bears are playing surprisingly good and have nothing to lose at this point.

But, that said, wouldn’t be too surprised if “Same Old Bears” came out to play and we take care of business. Here’s hoping. It really is their Super Bowl.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been thinking about this one. This team gets in and a lot of the word dangerous will be real. I cant remember the last time we were dangerous...2011? I never thought this team would be this way. I love it. And nothing and I mean nothing would be sweeter than to take McCarthy down in little D. lol

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I’m as nervous about this game as I have been all season. The Bears are playing surprisingly good and have nothing to lose at this point.

But, that said, wouldn’t be too surprised if “Same Old Bears” came out to play and we take care of business. Here’s hoping. It really is their Super Bowl.
I hear you. In the season finale in 2010 the Bears had won the division and were looking to knock us out so they would not have to face us in the playoffs. We won that defensive battle and Lovie told McCarthy " We'll see you soon." And he was right. This is a very tough game. Bears have nothing to lose and these young Packers have never been here before. Whatever few veterans we have need to give them some direction and inspiration.

KaraokeLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be headed to this game. I’ve been undefeated in Lambeau and haven’t seen a loss in person since 2013.

The front 4 needs to get after Fields and dominate the LOS. Quay should be a star in this game spying Fields.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Saturday, Jan. 6
Sunday, Jan. 7

Not the same Bears team we played in week 1, this is going to be a tough one.

It would be encouraging, however, if JLove were to succeed in the exact same scenario Rodgers failed in a year ago. He's already won more games than Aaron did in his first season and equaled his win total in his last season with fewer veterans. If he can get the Pack into the playoffs in year one, that would be a significant accomplishment.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be headed to this game. I’ve been undefeated in Lambeau and haven’t seen a loss in person since 2013.

The front 4 needs to get after Fields and dominate the LOS. Quay should be a star in this game spying Fields.
We hope. Fields can still be elusive. He can RPO and toss to Moore or dump off to Herbert. But the best way to play the Bears is pressure. Now against the Vikings you had deep threats in Jefferson, Addison, and Osborne but not much who could get them the ball. Now you have someone who can buy time and throw on the run.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We hope. Fields can still be elusive. He can RPO and toss to Moore or dump off to Herbert. But the best way to play the Bears is pressure. Now against the Vikings you had deep threats in Jefferson, Addison, and Osborne but not much who could get them the ball. Now you have someone who can buy time and throw on the run.
If packers make playoffs there is no doubt that there is one team that I would love to see them take out. That would be the 49rs after they knocked us out a few years back in that ridiculous game where they blocked a punt near our goal line which allowed them to get a game tying TD with less than 5 min left. The packers had a 13 win season and were the # 1 seed that year so I feel it would be polite and the right thing to do for us to return the favor.

Members online

Latest posts