2023 season finale vs the Bears: Win and in edition part deux

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If packers make playoffs there is no doubt that there is one team that I would love to see them take out. That would be the 49rs after they knocked us out a few years back in that ridiculous game where they blocked a punt near our goal line which allowed them to get a game tying TD with less than 5 min left. The packers had a 13 win season and were the # 1 seed that year so I feel it would be polite and the right thing to do for us to return the favor.
First, lets go to Detroit and get payback for them knocking the Packers out of the playoffs last season, then knock out San Fran. To fully complete the revenge tour, go down to Tampa Bay and blow them out in the NFCCG!

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, lets go to Detroit and get payback for them knocking the Packers out of the playoffs last season, then knock out San Fran. To fully complete the revenge tour, go down to Tampa Bay and blow them out in the NFCCG!
Touche......although I am ok with how we ambushed the lions on thanksgiving so for me that hope has been fulfilled. As far as TB, a regular season game that didn't detour our chances to get into playoffs so that one is not high on my list.
Of all 3 teams you mentioned for me that 49rs loss was the worst. We had the team back then that could have won it all. Adams was still here and I felt that was going to be our year. That loss was devastating.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we need to pass rush well. But I think it needs to be a controlled rush. One guy spotting the QB from 5 yards off the line of scrimmage is not going to tackle him much if he has space.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As far as TB, a regular season game that didn't detour our chances to get into playoffs so that one is not high on my list.
Of all 3 teams you mentioned for me that 49rs loss was the worst. We had the team back then that could have won it all. Adams was still here and I felt that was going to be our year. That loss was devastating.
How soon you forget, 3 years ago the Bucs came to Green Bay for the NFCCG and knocked the Packers out of going to the Super Bowl. I would love to face that team again, in Tampa Bay.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fields and Eberflus are playing for their jobs. This will be a tough one.

And they looked very comfortable playing outdoors last week in bad weather.

JLove looked very sharp in the dome, I hope it translates well for a 3:25 start in January at Lambeau.

Go Pack go!

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How soon you forget, 3 years ago the Bucs came to Green Bay for the NFCCG and knocked the Packers out of going to the Super Bowl. I would love to face that team again, in Tampa Bay.
Ahh....good one. That was the Tom Brady long pass on 3rd down for a TD that put us behind the 8 ball game.
I'm all in on one that now too....

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they looked very comfortable playing outdoors last week in bad weather.

JLove looked very sharp in the dome, I hope it translates well for a 3:25 start in January at Lambeau.

Go Pack go!
I can never understand playing at night in Green Bay. Yeah, TV money. But.......3:25 is much better.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be 3 Packers thinking about more than just a win over the Bears on Sunday. Preston, Nixon and Love stand to make some decent extra money for achieving some things.

Nixon just shot out a mysterious tweet "LOL. WOW." I'd like to think he read this and realized how much he could make. Or, he saw Love was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Got a feeling we're in store for more drama out of 1265 today...

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am looking forward to getting home around 10-11pm and not 2-3AM.
I get the start time wish. I live on the east coast and my circadian rhythm puts me in the early riser category so those Sun and Mon night 820 starts are impossible. My only recourse is to watch the highlights next morning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get the start time wish. I live on the east coast and my circadian rhythm puts me in the early riser category so those Sun and Mon night 820 starts are impossible. My only recourse is to watch the highlights next morning.
One of these days, I am going to spoil myself after a night game. Spring for a local hotel room and not have to fight traffic to get out of GB. That is probably the worst part of a Packer game experience....leaving. Green Bay has few, if any sidewalks in the residential areas around GB. So not only are you competing with vehicles to get the F out of Dodge, pedestrians seem to enjoy the power of slowing down traffic, by walking in the center of each lane.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of these days, I am going to spoil myself after a night game. Spring for a local hotel room and not have to fight traffic to get out of GB. That is probably the worst part of a Packer game experience....leaving. Green Bay has few, if any sidewalks in the residential areas around GB. So not only are you competing with vehicles to get the F out of Dodge, pedestrians seem to enjoy the power of slowing down traffic, by walking in the center of each lane.
LOL....I got a good laugh out of that one.
Fortunately for me I can only watch the game on TV, if you call watching a snippet of the 1st qtr "watching the game" and the only traffic I have to watch out for is avoiding any furniture that may jump out at me as I make my way upstairs with half closed eyes.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I’m as nervous about this game as I have been all season. The Bears are playing surprisingly good and have nothing to lose at this point.

But, that said, wouldn’t be too surprised if “Same Old Bears” came out to play and we take care of business. Here’s hoping. It really is their Super Bowl.
I'm excited but not nervous. If we win, great! Then we are playing with house money. If we lose this is still a successful season. We have a QB we can win with along with guys he can throw to. If we can fix this defense 2024/25 will be even more fun!

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited but not nervous. If we win, great! Then we are playing with house money. If we lose this is still a successful season. We have a QB we can win with along with guys he can throw to. If we can fix this defense 2024/25 will be even more fun!
We have been very lucky when it comes to QBs. Some teams switch out QBs right and left. Love is only our 3rd QB over a 30 yr period.
My son, who is a big eagles fan, has expressed his jealousy many times on how the packers just seen to roll into one great QB after another.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any other circumstances I’d be with you. I’m okay with missing the playoffs and still think it’d be a successful season overall. But I can’t stomach the thought of a loss to the bears being the reason why we’re out, hahaha.

Reaction score
The bares players keep talking ****!! You are not the 2023 lions! Your qb is still a turnover machine! Hope the Packers throttle them!!
The Bears biggest thrill each season is imagining beating the Packers. Can you imagine if our highest mark was imagining beating the Bears? What a miserable existence it would be. The Chicago version of Winning a SB is beating the Packers once in regular season :roflmao:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
To my way of thinking, a playoff ticket is just reward for beating the damn Bears. I know the younger guys dislike the Vikies and I get that. I don't "hate" the Bears organization or the players ... when I say that I despise the Bears, it's their fan base I cannot stand and I want the Packers to crush the Bears, so that their fans are miserable.

In short ... clobber their fans' emotional well being first. Then leave them in the rear view, and do a playoff game after that.

In that order of importance.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like chances are good our WR stable will be full for Sunday, barring any setbacks. Love set to light it up.

Pack 38
Bears 13 (sustained drives will limit their opportunities)

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably Pro Bowl related tweet

I think that was it. He was the ONLY Packer to make the top 10 in FAN VOTING at ANY position.
I guess that's not too crazy, if you consider Green Bay is the smallest market.

The good news is fan voting is only 1/3 of the of the weighting, with 1/3 from coaches and 1/3 from players.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing the similarities between this season and last season.

Last season the Packers had won 5 out of their last 7 going into Week 18. Same as this season.

Last season the Packers destroyed the Vikings in Week 17. Same as this season.

Last season the Packers were 8-8 going into Week 18, needing to win the make the playoffs, and needing to beat a hot team that had won 4 out of their last 5 games. Same as this season.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave it to Justin Fields to provide bulletin board material:

“Their fans are gonna be loud because there’s not much to do in Green Bay except watch football."

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure this is a big rivalry, but I think at this point mostly because of its longevity. For me over the years that's always been the Vikings. I posted this a while ago but I'll post it again. A few years back before the season a reporter asked one of the Viking players what a successful season will be. He responded if we go two and 14, if the two wins were against the Packers it was a successful season.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I'm usually home within an hour after leaving the stadium when I go to games. That's including the 5-6 block walk to my vehicle. The plan is to drive north on Ridge or Oneida and get to Mason street. Then cross the river before heading back south. If you are a gambler you can take a shot at getting on Ashland to head north or take Broadway into Depere. Head south on the country highways a few miles before trying to get on 41 or 43.
The Bears biggest thrill each season is imagining beating the Packers. Can you imagine if our highest mark was imagining beating the Bears? What a miserable existence it would be. The Chicago version of Winning a SB is beating the Packers once in regular season :roflmao:
Remember the 70s and 80s?

Members online

Latest posts