Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, when I see a team playing as poorly as the Packers, I begin to think about a HC who has lost his locker room. If they don't start playing like they want to be there, this entire season is in the toilet, by the midpoint of the season.

It's not just on Rodgers, or any other particular player, but let's face it... two blocked kicks today, and a team that acts like they don't know how to block, tackle, or cover receives is usually considered a team that is tanking because they lack talent.

This is probably Rodgers last season with the Packers, no matter what. At the present rate, he will be on injured reserve, long before the season ends. The offensive line is the worst I've seen in over 30 years.
30 years?

Come on..thats the most over the top illogical reply I've seen here in a while.

30 years? Seriously?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Tongue in cheek I hope Bill.

I think STs was the main culprit in the loss to the Niners. But when the D doesn't give up a TD and allows two FGs, the O has to be blamed for not carrying their part. That does fall on Rodgers. He's the leader of at least the offense, if not the whole team.

As for the loss to the Bucs, that was a team failure defined buy two plays and one series. The first play was allowing the TD just before half. Total defensive failure to not have a safety over the top. The second play was the fumble on the first series in the second half, and the series was the goal line fiasco with 3 incomplete passes and a field goal. Although the goal line stand would have been unnecessary without the first two.

It was Joe, I hoped Capt would bite....lol

D

Deleted member 6794

This is probably Rodgers last season with the Packers, no matter what. At the present rate, he will be on injured reserve, long before the season ends. The offensive line is the worst I've seen in over 30 years.

I don't see Rodgers retiring after missing the playoffs (that's where this team is currently heading in my opinion).

It was Joe, I hoped Capt would bite....lol

You need to get more creative for me to bite ;)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
30 years?

30 years? Seriously?
It's been quite some time since they allowed our QBs to take a pounding like Rodgers is this year. The last time it happened was back when Majik was the QB, before Favre replaced him when he got injured.

You might also want to see how they're incapable of getting out on the sweeps because they so slow, and start counting on how many missed blocks there are, when it comes to the kicking game. The two blocks yesterday were on poor line play.

But, if you disagree fine. It's your opinion, and I'll ignore your insult.

Yet, I'll continue believing what I do based on the 35 years of playing and coaching I did. Thanks!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a long time since i've seen our Oline get beaten as consistently and as badly has they have been lately. If there were worse lines in the past 30 years, I don't think it was more than 1 or 2. That's pretty poor company.
and it wasn't just the QB taking a beating. Our RB's were repeatedly blown up behind the LOS. That shouldn't be happening but a couple times a season and they had it all in 1 half it seemed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's been quite some time since they allowed our QBs to take a pounding like Rodgers is this year. The last time it happened was back when Majik was the QB, before Favre replaced him when he got injured.

You might also want to see how they're incapable of getting out on the sweeps because they so slow, and start counting on how many missed blocks there are, when it comes to the kicking game. The two blocks yesterday were on poor line play.

But, if you disagree fine. It's your opinion, and I'll ignore your insult.

Yet, I'll continue believing what I do based on the 35 years of playing and coaching I did. Thanks!
Not that I don't disagree...but its been less than 30.
2018 50 sacks

2005 was bad to..

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, when I see a team playing as poorly as the Packers, I begin to think about a HC who has lost his locker room. If they don't start playing like they want to be there, this entire season is in the toilet, by the midpoint of the season.

It's not just on Rodgers, or any other particular player, but let's face it... two blocked kicks today, and a team that acts like they don't know how to block, tackle, or cover receives is usually considered a team that is tanking because they lack talent.

I agree, and I'm surprised, that MLF has possibly lost the locker room. I don't understand why. There is talent on this team, but the talent is being used poorly. One example - yesterday MLF should have slid Jenkins to RG and put Nijman at RT. Easy. But he either doesn't see it, or he's stubborn.

I'd be ok if GB was losing to the Bills and Eagles (that has yet to come). But the Giants and Jets, in front of supportive crowds? C'mon.

As for Rodgers, agree. He's not to blame for this. But he and the entire offense are playing with no sense of urgency. You can see it in their body language on the field and on the bench.

(And FWIW, it doesn't help when Rodgers tells us he spends part of the off season in Peru dropping Peruvian acid. Too much information, even if it somehow helps him. There are kids I'm sure idolize him. It's just a bad message, made worse by the fact he doesn't seem to care.)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a long time since i've seen our Oline get beaten as consistently and as badly has they have been lately. If there were worse lines in the past 30 years, I don't think it was more than 1 or 2. That's pretty poor company.
and it wasn't just the QB taking a beating. Our RB's were repeatedly blown up behind the LOS. That shouldn't be happening but a couple times a season and they had it all in 1 half it seemed.
That was really surprising. Even last year, without Jenkins and Bakh, the OL played better.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I don't disagree...but its been less than 30.
2018 50 sacks

2005 was bad to..
50 sacks in 2018.... Geez ya gotta give Rodgers credit for not complaining about that, or at least I don't remember. That's a lot of time in an ice bath.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers can be dismissive of his WRs when routes are run incorrectly or passes are dropped. Usually he rolls his eyes or spreads his hand as if to say "WTF!" But I've NEVER seen him do what Tom Brady did yesterday. Brady profanely ranted at his O line on the sidelines for all the world to see. Very bad form Mr. GOAT.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
50 sacks in 2018.... Geez ya gotta give Rodgers credit for not complaining about that, or at least I don't remember. That's a lot of time in an ice bath.
Plus he was a lot more mobile back then. That line was brutal. Probably worse than the current cast of characters.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus he was a lot more mobile back then. That line was brutal. Probably worse than the current cast of characters.
Good point about his mobility. But damn that's an average of 3 plus sacks/game. Gotta give him credit. He never dressed down his line the way Brady did yesterday.

As for the current line, FWIW, slide Jenkins to RG, his best position, and put Nijman at RT. Nijman has too much talent to ride the bench. I mean he's not Jenkins, but has played well at T.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Rodgers retiring after missing the playoffs (that's where this team is currently heading in my opinion).
For whatever reason, I don't see this being Rodger' last year, playoffs or not. Just a gut feeling. But it does seem unlikely that this is the kind of way he'd want to go out. Unless he gets badly injured maybe, he's been taking a beating lately.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers lost the NFCCG against the Bucs, tried to blame everyone else, then did his post season drama queen impersonation maybe to distract from that fact. Last year he lays another egg in the playoffs yet inexplicably Green Bay rewards his behavior by crippling the franchise finacially for YEARS when instead they could have moved to the next era with a MASSIVE haul of draft talent. Stupid should be painful and we’re learning that lesson now. If Adams thought Rogers was capable and committed would he have bolted to Las Vegas? Sad to say, Green Bay is going into a new era with a giant financial millstone around their neck and far less draft resources than they could have had. Whats the best way out of this mess now???

D

Deleted member 6794

As for the current line, FWIW, slide Jenkins to RG, his best position, and put Nijman at RT.

Jenkins' best position is left guard. He has even played right guard for the Packers.

Rodgers lost the NFCCG against the Bucs, tried to blame everyone else, then did his post season drama queen impersonation maybe to distract from that fact. Last year he lays another egg in the playoffs yet inexplicably Green Bay rewards his behavior by crippling the franchise finacially for YEARS when instead they could have moved to the next era with a MASSIVE haul of draft talent.

It's ridiculous to suggest that the defense giving up 31 points against the Bucs or the special teams allowing a blocked punt return for a touchdown in a one score game had nothing to do with the Packers losing those games. Of course that won't stop you from solely blaming Rodgers for coming up short.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
30 years?

30 years? Seriously?
Well, I do wonder if the coaching staff IS losing them. When a team sees its HOF QB either disgruntled, disenchanted, or even discouraged it has an effect on all of them. Even none of our 3 wins were pretty.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I do wonder if the coaching staff IS losing them. When a team sees its HOF QB either disgruntled, disenchanted, or even discouraged it has an effect on all of them. Even none of our 3 wins were pretty.
Alexander & Jones were questioning the playcalls after the Giants loss, too. The players can see the train-wreck that they're in the middle of... just can't fix it without help from the coaches.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander & Jones were questioning the playcalls after the Giants loss, too. The players can see the train-wreck that they're in the middle of... just can't fix it without help from the coaches.
On the other sideline you saw a team inspired by their coach and their gutty, bad ankle QB. Kind of like GB in 2014 when their hobbled calf QB inspired them. Something is missing.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers lost the NFCCG against the Bucs, tried to blame everyone else, then did his post season drama queen impersonation maybe to distract from that fact. Last year he lays another egg in the playoffs yet inexplicably Green Bay rewards his behavior by crippling the franchise finacially for YEARS when instead they could have moved to the next era with a MASSIVE haul of draft talent. Stupid should be painful and we’re learning that lesson now. If Adams thought Rogers was capable and committed would he have bolted to Las Vegas? Sad to say, Green Bay is going into a new era with a giant financial millstone around their neck and far less draft resources than they could have had. Whats the best way out of this mess now???
The way out? At some point, two, maybe three years of a painful rebuild, starting with a QB. Not easy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think "reliable Twitter comment" is an oxymoron.
That was my point. I mean I get it, if some guy has 2 followers and is making wild accusations, then I wouldn't even waste my time with his statements. However Balko isn't a nobody on Twitter and his podcasts are relatively popular. I am not saying he is correct, but what he stated is plausible, even if is just speculative.

Of course, I know of a former twitter user that had something like 80+ million followers and tweeted close to 60,000 times and pretty much everything he tweeted was :poop:. So you just never know.

Members online

No members online now.