Rodgers Not Himself?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
drops, bad throws, missed blocking assignments, missed tackles, poor holds on FG's etc......when you add them all up you get ..................... C*H*O*K*E

Do they still have the same refreshments in those Gatorade Coolers on the sidelines as in years past? :coffee:

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a video link of Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Cole breaking down the problems with Aaron Rodgers. Cole's 3 points are:

1) Opposing Defensive Coordinators believe Aaron Rodgers does not trust his receivers to get open. They are taking away Randal Cobb and DC's believe that Rodgers does not trust Davante Adams or any of the other receivers to get open.

2) Because Rodgers does not trust his receivers to get open, he is holding onto the ball too long, affecting his yards per attempt average, making him go to the underneath routes, and causing him to throw the ball away more.

3) Defenses are keeping Rodgers pinned in the pocket. They are basically "mush" rushing him to keep him in the middle of the field rather than allowing him to escape and run. Rodgers number of running attempts in the last 3 games is 8, which is the number of running attempts he may have in a single game.

Here is the link:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ieve-aaron-rodgers-doesnt-trust-his-receivers

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Remain calm, I just go off the phone with Olivia, she promised me to cut AR off in the bedroom until the Packers start winning again. He always said he preferred playing with over inflated balls! :whistling:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a video link of Bleacher Report NFL Insider Jason Cole breaking down the problems with Aaron Rodgers. Cole's 3 points are:

1) Opposing Defensive Coordinators believe Aaron Rodgers does not trust his receivers to get open. They are taking away Randal Cobb and DC's believe that Rodgers does not trust Davante Adams or any of the other receivers to get open.

2) Because Rodgers does not trust his receivers to get open, he is holding onto the ball too long, affecting his yards per attempt average, making him go to the underneath routes, and causing him to throw the ball away more.

3) Defenses are keeping Rodgers pinned in the pocket. They are basically "mush" rushing him to keep him in the middle of the field rather than allowing him to escape and run. Rodgers number of running attempts in the last 3 games is 8, which is the number of running attempts he may have in a single game.

Here is the link:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ieve-aaron-rodgers-doesnt-trust-his-receivers

That sounds quite logical. I have noticed the mush rush thing lately. My question is how are these guys not able to get open? They are talented NFL wr's who have experienced success before. Freaking Myles White was getting open last night for the Giants.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That sounds quite logical. I have noticed the mush rush thing lately. My question is how are these guys not able to get open? They are talented NFL wr's who have experienced success before. Freaking Myles White was getting open last night for the Giants.

I would love to have overhead video footage of our offense to confirm or repeal that notion of our WR's are not getting open. I don't, but I am guessing the coaches and players are looking at. If it is true, then they need to figure out routes that will get them open (and how to run them).

What I took away from that report was Rodgers doesn't trust anyone besides Cobb, so defenses are blanketing him and paying less attention to everyone else. If that is true, then AR should be exploiting it. He may have to just start throwing some balls up and see what happens to get the trust. But its hard to believe that some of the balls he threw into the ground yesterday had anything to do with lack of trust.

I agree more with the "mush rush" theory and its forcing AR to be uncomfortable and not being able to go through all his check downs.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here is the link:

Didn't Rodgers throw to Devante 21 times. You think that is lack of trust?

D

Deleted member 6794

It's actually all Mike Ditka's fault. He jinxed the Packers by wearing a Packers sweater in a McDonald's commercial, since then the team is 0-3.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some interesting stats and facts about AR before and after he threw his 1st interception on October 11 against the ST. Louis Rams @ Lambeau Field in week 5 (got this from the WSSP Post Game radio show after Lions game).

Before he threw his first INT, AR's stats are the following:
92 comp. / 130 att
1,051 yards
11 TD's
0 int's
6 sacks
119.7 QB rating
70.8 comp. %

THEN THROWS 1st INT in the Rams game

After he threw his first INT, AR's stats are the following:
72 comp. / 124 att (20 less completions)
894 yds
6 TD's
2 int's (does not include the 1st int against the Rams - total of 3 int's for the year)
13 sacks
90.6 QB rating
58.9 comp. %

So before int one might say play calling was good.

Then wham- it now sucks?

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our WR corps is very plain after Jordy. Cobb is a third tier receiver....and the rest of them would have a hard time making other teams rosters. I am a firm believer that AR made our receivers better....and when Jordy is out there and the other guys are an afterthought it works...without Jordy, not so much. In the past when AR had slumps, Jordy bailed him out on occasion....none of these receivers are good enough to do that. The lack of talent at that position is now exposed without Jordy.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have preferred he show a little anger - at himself and his teammates on offense, but since it was right after the game it looks like he went for "detached resignation" rather than "I'm really pi$$ed off!". But as I've posted before, I care a lot more about what they do than what they say.

Wilde and other reporter who asked him about the throws he missed should be prepared to relate each and every one to him on Wednesday because they were pretty damned obvious. I could do it for 'em except I deleted the recording of the game in disgust. Aaron Rodgers has a remarkable memory and it's understandable he didn't want to go into detail about that piece of crap that was the offense Sunday, but he doesn't need to see the film to remember throwing the ball into the turf five yards in front of Cobb, for just one example.

After careful consideration and minutes of study, here's my theory of what's wrong with Aaron Rodgers: It's Olivia Munn's fault. He is too happy in his personal life and it's sapping his drive to succeed on the field. Also, we know what trainers have told boxers for centuries: Sex weakens your legs and makes you less aggressive. For the good of the team, break up with her Aaron!

Lol, lots of people wondered about the sexuality of Young and Aikman and now most recently Rodgers. To many a QB is supposed to be out shacking up with a different swimsuit model/actress every month. Thing is when you look at the top quarterbacks and their preparation and commitment to the game they just don't have time. One of the big differences between the greats and the almosts is that many of the greats functioned like Robots during the week, constant preparation. For some the personal life didnt come until after football.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our WR corps is very plain after Jordy. Cobb is a third tier receiver....and the rest of them would have a hard time making other teams rosters. I am a firm believer that AR made our receivers better....and when Jordy is out there and the other guys are an afterthought it works...without Jordy, not so much. In the past when AR had slumps, Jordy bailed him out on occasion....none of these receivers are good enough to do that. The lack of talent at that position is now exposed without Jordy.

Jordy is the only receiver since Javon Walker that actually good without an HoF QB throwing him the ball. Jones was ok, and Jennings was decent for a year. Other than that what former Packer receivers were worth half a crap without an Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre throwing him the ball? Cobb has looked pretty meh without Nelson sucking up a CB and S. As you said Jordy's ridiculous body control and glue like hands will help a lot of QBs get on track. Jordy would be a pro bowler on a lot of teams.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`m sorry but I disagree entirely. Receivers can only catch what he throws. I doubt the great Megatron could catch some of his throws at the moment. James Jones was released by us because of contract issues not because he couldn`t play anymore. He might not be quite the same JJ but he`s played with this QB before. AR is playing ordinary at the moment, that is all. We ARE missing Jordy, but this is as much on Rodgers as everybody else. :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if those are "mush" rushes, we're really in trouble
I`m sorry but I disagree entirely. Receivers can only catch what he throws. I doubt the great Megatron could catch some of his throws at the moment. James Jones was released by us because of contract issues not because he couldn`t play anymore. He might not be quite the same JJ but he`s played with this QB before. AR is playing ordinary at the moment, that is all. We ARE missing Jordy, but this is as much on Rodgers as everybody else. :tup:
That's why fixing this seems to have a thousand different answers and problems. It isn't one guy, they ALL have a hand in it. Every single one of them has contributed to this ****** level of play. From Sitton to Rodgers to Lacy and starks, every pass catcher we have and every other guy on the line. They've all played their part to what amounts to a very poor offense. bad throws, missed catches, bad blocking, not being assignment sure, bad communication, etc.

I

if those are "mush" rushes, we're really in trouble

That's why fixing this seems to have a thousand different answers and problems. It isn't one guy, they ALL have a hand in it. Every single one of them has contributed to this ****** level of play. From Sitton to Rodgers to Lacy and starks, every pass catcher we have and every other guy on the line. They've all played their part to what amounts to a very poor offense. bad throws, missed catches, bad blocking, not being assignment sure, bad communication, etc.

Just asking here, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me here ?;):mad::D

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just asking here, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me here ?;):mad::D
I am agreeing that Rogers has been a big part of the problem. Everyone just seems off. I mean he's been the most accurate QB i've seen, in the pocket, on the move, didn't matter. We have seasons of this stuff. I don't buy the "he won't throw it unless they're wide open" BS because i've seen him zip it past a defenders earhole too many times to think that, let a lone say it out loud. And this year? He looks like McNabb at times throwing them in the dirt at an open receiver. Or over their heads, or just out of reach.

and other times when he has been accurate, they just drop them. That pass to Adams down the sideline was as perfect of a pass as you can get, and he just dropped it. A couple times, and Cobb too. when one part of the equation is working, the other isn't and when you miss big plays that kills, because hitting it, opens up everything else. When you're always missing, the defenses don't care and just attack.

and then we have our line. I've never seen the interior play this badly, and here they're doing it week after week. How many rushes up the middle have busted free and nailed Rodgers? Every person on that offense has played their part in the crappy product on the field.

I

I am agreeing that Rogers has been a big part of the problem. Everyone just seems off. I mean he's been the most accurate QB i've seen, in the pocket, on the move, didn't matter. We have seasons of this stuff. I don't buy the "he won't throw it unless they're wide open" BS because i've seen him zip it past a defenders earhole too many times to think that, let a lone say it out loud. And this year? He looks like McNabb at times throwing them in the dirt at an open receiver. Or over their heads, or just out of reach.

and other times when he has been accurate, they just drop them. That pass to Adams down the sideline was as perfect of a pass as you can get, and he just dropped it. A couple times, and Cobb too. when one part of the equation is working, the other isn't and when you miss big plays that kills, because hitting it, opens up everything else. When you're always missing, the defenses don't care and just attack.

and then we have our line. I've never seen the interior play this badly, and here they're doing it week after week. How many rushes up the middle have busted free and nailed Rodgers? Every person on that offense has played their part in the crappy product on the field.

Totally agree with you. I just get the feeling from some that he is above reproach. All of them have slipped up.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is partly true, but the receivers need to catch the balls that hit them square in the hands. Cobb has dropped a couple in the last couple of weeks that hit him square in the hands and in one against Detroit he had a lot of room ahead of him. Even great quarterbacks need to be picked up from time to time, who has picked Aaron up lately? At this rate it might be Jared Abbrederis and it might be the return of Montgomery.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I havent seen interior O-line play this bad since 2005, the year we replaced Wahle and Rivera with scrubs.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree with you. I just get the feeling from some that he is above reproach. All of them have slipped up.

I got into an argument with a guy and his son at a bar not too long ago. I had the audacity to say that Aaron had faults in his game and it almost turned into a fistfight.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got into an argument with a guy and his son at a bar not too long ago. I had the audacity to say that Aaron had faults in his game and it almost turned into a fistfight.
It goes either way for me, not about the fist fights, I don't care that much :) But he does have flaws, nobody is perfect, but for a lot of years we've seen mostly perfect QB play. Think about it, he had 4-5 poor passes last week and they stood out. Every other QB has passes like that every single game, every single week. Except Brady maybe. Cam Newton throws that many bad passes a half and they keep winning. Peyton Manning was throwing that many bad ones a quarter, except against us, and they kept winning.

So while I do put some of this on Rodgers, I'm not going to dump it all on him either, or even mostly. I think it's loads easier for a WR to make 5-10 plays a game in terms of contested catches or laying out for a ball etc, than it is for a QB to be perfect on every single throw, and when he is perfect on that throw, ala Cobb and Adams, you have to catch the damn ball. Those 2 plays alone could have easily been the difference in the game.

Like you said, someone could pick up our QB once and a while, or even just make a play on a perfectly thrown ball when it is there.

I

Some people are just jackasses ;)

Members online