Preseason Game 2 vs Jets

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Third Defense:
I love Slaton's penetration, if we could get a LB to shed and make a play in the backfield. I look forward to seeing him on the field with the 1s when the games matter. Yiadom replacing Stokes is an obvious downgrade, but it shouldn't look this bad. I don't think Innis Gaines is the answer for a depth DB, but maybe he can make the PS and improve.

Third Possession:
Benkert could be the Magic Man! Impressive show of arm strength. Nice playmaking by Hill. Taylor fighting to stay relevant. Where is ESB in this battle? Why didn't he dress? Patrick looks rough. Nice to see Sternberger redeem himself after last drive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When Love doesn't have an off-season and plays behind Boyle, it's a bad omen that he's not the #2.

When Love is solidly the #2 and plays well, he should be demoted because the camp arm is having a great game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Love doesn't have an off-season and plays behind Boyle, it's a bad omen that he's not the #2.

When Love is solidly the #2 and plays well, he should be demoted because the camp arm is having a great game.

"camp arm is having a great game" is a unique way of trying to downplay an actual player playing REALLY well.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Special Teams still ****ing suck swamp water

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kurt Benkert is a camp arm, and he is having a great day, so...

But you sounded sarcastic about the fact that the "camp arm" has appeared to perform better than the anointed future starter during games. I'm happy either way cause having more good players is better than having less.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
But you sounded sarcastic about the fact that the "camp arm" has appeared to perform better than the anointed future starter during games. I'm happy either way cause having more good players is better than having less.

The sarcasm was aimed at the fact that when Love looked really good last week, it was widely downplayed by fans, who largely ignored what he did individually and just pointed out that the offense wasn't very effective as a unit. Meanwhile, Benkert's getting a promotion before halftime. The bias is just too blatant for me not to comment. I get it-- there's a residual prejudice after the disappointment of that draft day.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fourth Defense:

Josh Jackson is gone. When are we going to see Kadar? I get see what you have in Yiadom but we need to keep churning the bottom of this DB group because that was bad.

Fourth Possession:
Rodgers is not a nuanced route runner. He's going to have to clean that up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can't say it better than this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler

·
12m

Don't judge anything off these preseaon showings. With 32 guys in street clothes, we're watching a lot of backups to backups on teams who are also playing from scrimmage who have often not worked together on these units during the week. Patience.

Drayton and ST's may suck. Idk. But today doesn't mean that's inevitable by any stretch. The purpose of this game is threefold:

1) Give really young, important players more snaps (e.g. Stokes, Barnes, Keke).

2) Get a look at the guys 45-55 on the roster to aid in final decisions.

3) Give everyone else a chance to market themselves to the rest of the league.

That's it.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to establish the bottom of our WR depth chart. That should be the focus of the second half.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, getting way too premature on the Benkert over Love calls.

I'm pretty sure Love is still our guy, plus we've barely gotten to see the full toolbox of what he can do. Having said that, I might have to rethink my position on only carrying two QBs. Benkert does look like he could be a viable backup once Love takes over, or in case something happened to him while backing up Rodgers. But we seen many QBs come through here already who were simply preseason golden calves and did nothing once they had to play in the real games.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that I'm paying a massive amount of attention to the game, but...
Benkert looks decent
Taylor is having a good game
Nice TD catch from Jace, but the throw was pretty much perfect too

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sarcasm was aimed at the fact that when Love looked really good last week, it was widely downplayed by fans, who largely ignored what he did individually and just pointed out that the offense wasn't very effective as a unit. Meanwhile, Benkert's getting a promotion before halftime. The bias is just too blatant for me not to comment. I get it-- there's a residual prejudice after the disappointment of that draft day.
lets face it, it was pretty much one person, for whom 95% of posts are "love sucks"
I'm just waiting for him to comment on this game saying how much Love sucked in it

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We need to establish the bottom of our WR depth chart. That should be the focus of the second half.

I think it's pretty much all decided. Adams, MVS, Lazard, Cobb, Rodgers are on the team. Turner and Funchess are probably competing for one spot.

I tend to think that they will try to trade Funchess and keep Turner, but we'll see.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
lets face it, it was pretty much one person, for whom 95% of posts are "love sucks"
I'm just waiting for him to comment on this game saying how much Love sucked in it

I read maybe 4 or 5 posters who downplayed Love's game for one reason or another (mostly-- "scoreboard").

But yeah, some are more blatant than others.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benkert is solidifying his role on the practice squad, you don't start him over Love, and they won't keep 3 QB's on the active roster.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benkert is solidifying his role on the practice squad, you don't start him over Love, and they won't keep 3 QB's on the active roster.
Yeah probably. Only bad news is PR guys can be signed by other teams, and his body of work here could very well make him another team's backup candidate.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fifth Defense:

Awash

Sixth Defense:

Slaton putting together back-to-back plays to end that drive in only a FG.

Sixth Possession:

Offense seems a little off out of the half.

Seventh Defense:

Yiadom seems to be doing better than what Josh Jackson was for us a week ago. Just like last week, when Slaton is tired or out it shows. Not sure if Heflin is an answer. Previllon is active but just keeps coming up short in a variety of ways.

Members online

No members online now.