PFF Grades Best and Worst Week 3 vs Titans

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 snap minimum and as always these are not Gospel folks...

BEST OFFENSE
Josh Jacobs - 77.0
Emanuel Wilson - 76.7
Christian Watson - 76.0
Malik Willis - 75.9
Zach Tom - 72.9

WORST OFFENSE
Dontayvion Wicks - 47.4
Elgton Jenkins - 51.6
Tucker Kraft - 52.4 (playing injured hurt his play some...100 grade for grit)
Luke Musgrave - 53.0
Rasheed Walker - 53.3

*Walker and Jenkins both hurt by the 2 penalties a piece....Walker had a 79.8 pass blocker grade, which was third best on the team behind only Tom and Rhyan.
Musgrave got BLOWN up a couple times...but I'll give him props that dude fought and I saw a different level of effort in blocking this week.

BEST DEFENSE
Kingsley Enagbare - 92.9 (BEST GAME OF HIS CAREER...may very well be that way forever)
Jaire Alexander - 89.2
Devonte Wyatt - 78.7
Preston Smith - 77.3
Xavier McKinney - 76.2

WORST DEFENSE
Quay Walker - 35.9 (this is tough...he played some of his best run defense I've ever seen...in coverage calls he looked like a middle schooler with ZERO clue....)
Kenny Clark - 44.5
Javon Bullard - 52.5
TJ Slaton - 57.7
Isaiah McDuffie - 59.0

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been underwhelming so far, but then so is Watson before yesterday. Hope it's just QB play and game plan the past two weeks and not that he's a one year wonder.

Time for Morgan to go back to his college position when he returns for some competition at least, and let Monk be the back up iOL.

Huh?

Watson has been doing awesome so far this year, just hasn't put up receptions. I gotta disagree with you on him.

Rasheed's pass blocking is exceptional however...if he cleans up his penalties dude has been lights out in not letting pressures happen.

huh? - not sure what you meant by that one.

Reaction score
Oh my gosh Devonte Wyatt is becoming the guy.
2 Sacks
2 TFL
2 QB hits

I thought Quay or McDuff were ok. Isaiah was all over the place recording a team leading 9 Tackles. Both Quay and McDuff played a bunch. Both shared a Sack .5 and both had a QB hit and were pretty involved. We allowed 33 yards rushing. Did any Defense in the NFL allow less yards rushing than the Packers? That might be a smidge harsh putting our pair of LB’s on with worst D. Our D just smothered Tennessee.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
just hasn't put up receptions.
What's his job title again? Oh yeah receiver.
.if he cleans up his penalties
He personally has taken how many yards and points off the board? It's like a sticky coverage CB that gives up a play or two every half. We'd be calling for his replacement next draft.
not sure what you meant by that one
I thought Slaton was decent and McDuffie was close to a career game. Unless I missed things which is most likely. Then again, almost 60 points is not a terrible score.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BEST OFFENSE
Josh Jacobs - 77.0
Emanuel Wilson - 76.7
Christian Watson - 76.0
Malik Willis - 75.9
Zach Tom - 72.9

WORST OFFENSE
Dontayvion Wicks - 47.4
Elgton Jenkins - 51.6
Luke Musgrave - 53.0
Rasheed Walker - 53.3

*Walker and Jenkins both hurt by the 2 penalties a piece....Walker had a 79.8 pass blocker grade, which was third best on the team behind only Tom and Rhyan.
Musgrave got BLOWN up a couple times...but I'll give him props that dude fought and I saw a different level of effort in blocking this week.

BEST DEFENSE
Kingsley Enagbare - 92.9 (BEST GAME OF HIS CAREER...may very well be that way forever)
Jaire Alexander - 89.2
Devonte Wyatt - 78.7
Preston Smith - 77.3
Xavier McKinney - 76.2

WORST DEFENSE
Quay Walker - 35.9 (this is tough...he played some of his best run defense I've ever seen...in coverage calls he looked like a middle schooler with ZERO clue....)
Kenny Clark - 44.5
Javon Bullard - 52.5
TJ Slaton - 57.7
Isaiah McDuffie - 59.0
Clark concerns me. He does not seem to be himself. Strength and/or stamina?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my gosh Devonte Wyatt is becoming the guy.
2 Sacks
2 TFL
2 QB hits

I thought Quay or McDuff were ok. Isaiah was all over the place recording a team leading 9 Tackles. Both Quay and McDuff played a bunch. Both shared a Sack .5 and both had a QB hit and were pretty involved. We allowed 33 yards rushing. Did any Defense in the NFL allow less yards rushing than the Packers? That might be a smidge harsh putting our pair of LB’s on with worst D. Our D just smothered Tennessee.

We are not presently even in the top 10 (13th) in total rushing yards allowed.
We are towards the bottom of the league in yards per rush.

By metrics of how offenses have moved the ball - we are not a top half defense.....but

We are 1st in turnovers
15th in points against
8th best in the league in percentage of opposition drives resulting in points

Reaction score
Clark concerns me. He does not seem to be himself. Strength and/or stamina?
He’s been in an injury list for a “Toe” I’m wondering if that’s not a bit of smoke cover for a more concerning injury. Could he be playing through some pain? Idk

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL....love you but that's a very ignorant way of looking at a position that especially the last two weeks has been tasked with blocking for 90 play calls just in the last two games...

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He personally has taken how many yards and points off the board? It's like a sticky coverage CB that gives up a play or two every half. We'd be calling for his replacement next draft.

I thought Slaton was decent and McDuffie was close to a career game. Unless I missed things which is most likely. Then again, almost 60 points is not a terrible score.

Yeah it is more a testament to the defense as a whole that two of your worsts were closer to 60.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

By metrics of how offenses have moved the ball - we are not a top half defense.....but

We are 1st in turnovers
15th in points against
And we shall be facing some seasoned QBs in the weeks ahead. A big test for the defense.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that was the reason he said "if he cleans up his penalties."

Thats why I asked in another thread how he was doing other than the penalties. I know that's like saying "other than that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?" but I do think penalties can be cleaned up with work.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

BEST OFFENSE
Josh Jacobs - 77.0
Emanuel Wilson - 76.7
Christian Watson - 76.0
Malik Willis - 75.9
Zach Tom - 72.9

WORST OFFENSE
Dontayvion Wicks - 47.4
Elgton Jenkins - 51.6
Luke Musgrave - 53.0
Rasheed Walker - 53.3

BEST DEFENSE
Jaire Alexander - 89.2
Devonte Wyatt - 78.7
Preston Smith - 77.3
Xavier McKinney - 76.2

WORST DEFENSE
Kenny Clark - 44.5
Javon Bullard - 52.5
TJ Slaton - 57.7
Isaiah McDuffie - 59.0
McKinney by the end of October will have made more critical positive plays than Savage did in 4 years here in Green Bay. I'm so glad we finally have found a good backend safety!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McKinney by the end of October will have made more critical positive plays than Savage did in 4 years here in Green Bay. I'm so glad we finally have found a good backend safety!

McKinney is our best safety since Nick Collins...and truthfully they both play the back end very similar.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....love you but that's a very ignorant way of looking at a position that especially the last two weeks has been tasked with blocking for 90 play calls just in the last two games...
Yeah, this.
Against the Colts we only completed a total of 12 passes (14 attempts)...on which Watson received zero targets. Yesterday...13 completions on 19 attempts, where Watson was targeted twice and caught both. Can't really ask him to catch the ball more when we're hardly throwing it at all as a team right now and he's not getting targets from the few passes we have attempted. I'm not too worried yet...

Reaction score

We are 1st in turnovers
15th in points against
I’d push back on that a little. While we are a poor 4.73 yards per carry, we need to scratch that surface a little deeper. To last year it sounds like bottom 5.
Let’s look at the matchup though. if If you polled 1,000 fans for 5 of the best QB/RB duos in the NFL, which would they be? I’d argue top 5 would be:
Jalen Hurts/Barkley
Anthony Richardson/Taylor

Applying Rushing yards per game to 2023 leaders (a better sample) we would rank 12th (107 avg)

Applying TD’s rushing per game to 2023, we would rank #7 (2 Rushing/3 contests)
Applying total Yardage allowed per game (328 per) we would rank #14

Must be they are burning us up in the Passing game? Nope. Our opponents have passed for 5 TD and 7 INT. Thats not just bad it’s egregious level
That’s pacing 29 TD’s 41 INT for combined QB play

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d push back on that a little. While we are a poor 4.73 yards per carry, we need to scratch that surface a little deeper. To last year it sounds like bottom 5.
Let’s look at the matchup though. if If you polled 1,000 fans for 5 of the best QB/RB duos in the NFL, which would they be? I’d argue top 5 would be:
Jalen Hurts/Barkley
Anthony Richardson/Taylor

Applying Rushing yards per game to 2023 leaders (a better sample) we would rank 12th (107 avg)

Applying TD’s rushing per game to 2023, we would rank #7 (2 Rushing/3 contests)
Applying total Yardage allowed per game (328 per) we would rank #14

Must be they are burning us up in the Passing game? Nope. Our opponents have passed for 5 TD and 7 INT. Thats not just bad it’s egregious level
That’s pacing 29 TD’s 41 INT for combined QB play

The metrics are 100% correct and true - the issue you're expressing is sample size. As we push into far more games this will begin to shift to a point of more confidence can be had in what they're showing us.

Offenses are moving the ball on us - no denying it. BUT unlike before we are ending more drives in turnovers at a HIGH HIGH clip.

Reaction score
The metrics are 100% correct and true - the issue you're expressing is sample size. As we push into far more games this will begin to shift to a point of more confidence can be had in what they're showing us.
I agree. The sample size is smaller and Game 1 for me is almost a throw away statistically. Teams play slop ball for the most part in Week 1. Brazil even moreso

Should get a better feel in several more weeks. However that said, this D so far looks promising.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The sample size is smaller and Game 1 for me is almost a throw away statistically. Teams play slop ball for the most part in Week 1. Brazil even moreso

Should get a better feel in several more weeks. However that said, this D so far looks promising.

Absolutely!

The Defense and Narveson are both for me at least showing incredible promise. Both are issue prone but neither are inconsistently issue prone. The Defense right now is typically terrible assignment and responsibility lapses by our LBs, slot corners, or interior DL. That can be solved!

Narveson likewise is absolutely money in his consistent striking. Every miss has been the same, listen to any knowledgeable kicker mind and they all will tell you this is about as correctible as any issue can be in kicking. That is why Anders was so freaking frustrating because everything from his plant leg placement, his striking...even his upper body positioning seemed different with every miss...

Reaction score
Yeah, this.
Against the Colts we only completed a total of 12 passes (14 attempts)...on which Watson received zero targets. Yesterday...13 completions on 19 attempts, where Watson was targeted twice and caught both. Can't really ask him to catch the ball more when we're hardly throwing it at all as a team right now and he's not getting targets from the few passes we have attempted. I'm not too worried yet...
True that on Watson.

I suspect we will see a dramatic increase in Passing attempts against MN. Like another 10+ throws. I sure hope Love is cleared because I don’t know that Running the ball 40+ times every week is sustainable.

I’d like to exploit those 5-15 yard throws more. Get the ball out quicker with shorter throws in the first quarter to tame the Vikings Pass Rush.

I was surprised how Wide open the Texans left Jefferson running around yesterday. 1 play I estimated no Defender was within 6 yards radius when he caught a 20 yard pass. Thats unacceptable he should be doubled most plays. The Vikes do have several other good Receiver/TE but make them earn it underneath. No easy over the top uncovered stuff

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, this.
Just glad to see him not pull a hamstring. Knock on Wood!