PFF Best and Worst vs Arizona Cardinals Game

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minimum 10 snaps and again don't take this as gospel...

OFFENSE BEST
Zach Tom - 88.1
Ben Sims - 83.8
Josh Jacobs - 74.2
Jordan Love - 72.1
Emanuel Wilson - 72.0

OFFENSE WORST
Malik Heath - 45.5
Tucker Kraft - 49.0
Jordan Morgan - 49.9
Elgton Jenkins - 52.1
Rasheed Walker - 53.0

DEFENSE BEST
Evan Williams - 93.3
Karl Brooks - 93.0
Rashan Gary - 81.7
Edgerrin Cooper - 81.0
Jaire Alexander - 70.7

DEFENSE WORST
Lukas Van Ness - 30.0
Kenny Clark - 44.0
Preston Smith - 44.2
Quay Walker - 49.2
Isaiah McDuffie - 51.3

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What's an appropriate time frame for us to start complaining about the mediocre and worse play of our oldest and most experienced veterans? Asking for a friend.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's an appropriate time frame for us to start complaining about the mediocre and worse play of our oldest and most experienced veterans? Asking for a friend.

Look the ship has long come and went on Kenny Clark and Rashan being worthy of criticism IMO.

On the defensive side of the ball we have essentially five veterans - Jaire, Xavier, Preston, Kenny and Rashan....

Jaire and X are doing great...when Jaire is healthy to play he is still an elite level CB typically.

Preston has been that consistent, solid stud and at times not noticed but in the best way.

Kenny truthfully is playing so bad I almost assume there is something wrong with him...now I know some will argue but he's 29 years old....he has a LOT of games under him folks and he is in the trenches. Yes he's 29 but the dude came into the league essentially as a 19 year old and is in his 9th season. I know PFF is not perfect and I've stressed this....BUT he is trending to have an overall defensive grade (51.2 atm) of over 15 points worse than ANY season he has had. I personally keep thinking we are going to learn about some injury he is dealing with...and who knows we may discover it after the year like we did with Dillon and his issues last year. Bottom line is if Kenny doesn't change his year this year he IS NOT worth keeping if it weren't for it would cost us money if cut after this year....UNLESS you post June designate then we save $10.5M. I predict 2025 he is here...BUT I could see GB really talking to him and his camp and asking for a slight cut or they likely may go the Post June route...

Rashan Gary....I worry he is not as quick or has gotten lazy in his prepping off season...the dude was an animal trying to get back from his injury....is this that slump some guys get after a big deal only to have that second year "see told you worth it" year like many do...many even wake up towards the end of that first season on the new deal when the noise motivates them.

Bottom line is right now at the best way of putting it both have been underwhelming...and when you factor in between the two we are spending $37,511,138 is where you switch to flat out bad.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look the ship has long come and went on Kenny Clark and Rashan being worthy of criticism IMO.

On the defensive side of the ball we have essentially five veterans - Jaire, Xavier, Preston, Kenny and Rashan....

Jaire and X are doing great...when Jaire is healthy to play he is still an elite level CB typically.

Preston has been that consistent, solid stud and at times not noticed but in the best way.

Kenny truthfully is playing so bad I almost assume there is something wrong with him...now I know some will argue but he's 29 years old....he has a LOT of games under him folks and he is in the trenches. Yes he's 29 but the dude came into the league essentially as a 19 year old and is in his 9th season. I know PFF is not perfect and I've stressed this....BUT he is trending to have an overall defensive grade (51.2 atm) of over 15 points worse than ANY season he has had. I personally keep thinking we are going to learn about some injury he is dealing with...and who knows we may discover it after the year like we did with Dillon and his issues last year. Bottom line is if Kenny doesn't change his year this year he IS NOT worth keeping if it weren't for it would cost us money if cut after this year....UNLESS you post June designate then we save $10.5M. I predict 2025 he is here...BUT I could see GB really talking to him and his camp and asking for a slight cut or they likely may go the Post June route...

Rashan Gary....I worry he is not as quick or has gotten lazy in his prepping off season...the dude was an animal trying to get back from his injury....is this that slump some guys get after a big deal only to have that second year "see told you worth it" year like many do...many even wake up towards the end of that first season on the new deal when the noise motivates them.

Bottom line is right now at the best way of putting it both have been underwhelming...and when you factor in between the two we are spending $37,511,138 is where you switch to flat out bad.
Kenny has been the man double teamed since he started in the league. It can take its toll. He has a little more talent next to him now than he did in his first 5 seasons. Not sure if the 4-3 has impacted his play from the previous 3-4. He seems to be a bit slower off the ball. He did get into the backfield on that botch fumble by the Cardinals.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an issue with PFF grades. The oline as a whole looked like it played pretty damn good. And yet I'm supposed to believe that 60% of it played like ****?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an issue with PFF grades. The oline as a whole looked like it played pretty damn good. And yet I'm supposed to believe that 60% of it played like ****?
One mistake, even a penalty, can skew the scoring against an offensive lineman. The ratings are far from perfect, but they can indicate when someone has done an exceptional job, like we're seeing in the case of Tom, whom a lot of people would be beaten out by Morgan. I hope the Packers don't hold much credence in these things. I know I wouldn't.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One mistake, even a penalty, can skew the scoring against an offensive lineman. The ratings are far from perfect, but they can indicate when someone has done an exceptional job, like we're seeing in the case of Tom, whom a lot of people would be beaten out by Morgan. I hope the Packers don't hold much credence in these things. I know I wouldn't.

Agreed. Folks fail to realize it is quite easy to put together a fairly decent game and VERY hard depending on your failings to grade well on PFF.

Not to mention too many think of PFF grades like alpha numerical grades. 70 and above are freaking solid scores…over 80 is elite of elite and over 90 is likely up for best game of your career.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm expecting more from Jenkins. Imo, he should be making Walker and Myers look better. I'm not seeing that and he has had too many penalties for a guy with his reputation. I don't know this for sure but I'd guess he has the most penalties on the offense.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know this for sure but I'd guess he has the most penalties on the offense.
This is a perfect example of humans seeing patterns that don’t exist. Or seeing what they want to see. Your statement is wrong.

Walker has more holding penalties (5) than Jenkins has total (4). Walker has 6 accepted penalties and a 7th that was declined.

Staff online

Members online