PFF Best and Worst vs Arizona Cardinals Game

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minimum 10 snaps and again don't take this as gospel...

OFFENSE BEST
Zach Tom - 88.1
Ben Sims - 83.8
Josh Jacobs - 74.2
Jordan Love - 72.1
Emanuel Wilson - 72.0

OFFENSE WORST
Malik Heath - 45.5
Tucker Kraft - 49.0
Jordan Morgan - 49.9
Elgton Jenkins - 52.1
Rasheed Walker - 53.0

DEFENSE BEST
Evan Williams - 93.3
Karl Brooks - 93.0
Rashan Gary - 81.7
Edgerrin Cooper - 81.0
Jaire Alexander - 70.7

DEFENSE WORST
Lukas Van Ness - 30.0
Kenny Clark - 44.0
Preston Smith - 44.2
Quay Walker - 49.2
Isaiah McDuffie - 51.3

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What's an appropriate time frame for us to start complaining about the mediocre and worse play of our oldest and most experienced veterans? Asking for a friend.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's an appropriate time frame for us to start complaining about the mediocre and worse play of our oldest and most experienced veterans? Asking for a friend.

Look the ship has long come and went on Kenny Clark and Rashan being worthy of criticism IMO.

On the defensive side of the ball we have essentially five veterans - Jaire, Xavier, Preston, Kenny and Rashan....

Jaire and X are doing great...when Jaire is healthy to play he is still an elite level CB typically.

Preston has been that consistent, solid stud and at times not noticed but in the best way.

Kenny truthfully is playing so bad I almost assume there is something wrong with him...now I know some will argue but he's 29 years old....he has a LOT of games under him folks and he is in the trenches. Yes he's 29 but the dude came into the league essentially as a 19 year old and is in his 9th season. I know PFF is not perfect and I've stressed this....BUT he is trending to have an overall defensive grade (51.2 atm) of over 15 points worse than ANY season he has had. I personally keep thinking we are going to learn about some injury he is dealing with...and who knows we may discover it after the year like we did with Dillon and his issues last year. Bottom line is if Kenny doesn't change his year this year he IS NOT worth keeping if it weren't for it would cost us money if cut after this year....UNLESS you post June designate then we save $10.5M. I predict 2025 he is here...BUT I could see GB really talking to him and his camp and asking for a slight cut or they likely may go the Post June route...

Rashan Gary....I worry he is not as quick or has gotten lazy in his prepping off season...the dude was an animal trying to get back from his injury....is this that slump some guys get after a big deal only to have that second year "see told you worth it" year like many do...many even wake up towards the end of that first season on the new deal when the noise motivates them.

Bottom line is right now at the best way of putting it both have been underwhelming...and when you factor in between the two we are spending $37,511,138 is where you switch to flat out bad.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look the ship has long come and went on Kenny Clark and Rashan being worthy of criticism IMO.

On the defensive side of the ball we have essentially five veterans - Jaire, Xavier, Preston, Kenny and Rashan....

Jaire and X are doing great...when Jaire is healthy to play he is still an elite level CB typically.

Preston has been that consistent, solid stud and at times not noticed but in the best way.

Kenny truthfully is playing so bad I almost assume there is something wrong with him...now I know some will argue but he's 29 years old....he has a LOT of games under him folks and he is in the trenches. Yes he's 29 but the dude came into the league essentially as a 19 year old and is in his 9th season. I know PFF is not perfect and I've stressed this....BUT he is trending to have an overall defensive grade (51.2 atm) of over 15 points worse than ANY season he has had. I personally keep thinking we are going to learn about some injury he is dealing with...and who knows we may discover it after the year like we did with Dillon and his issues last year. Bottom line is if Kenny doesn't change his year this year he IS NOT worth keeping if it weren't for it would cost us money if cut after this year....UNLESS you post June designate then we save $10.5M. I predict 2025 he is here...BUT I could see GB really talking to him and his camp and asking for a slight cut or they likely may go the Post June route...

Rashan Gary....I worry he is not as quick or has gotten lazy in his prepping off season...the dude was an animal trying to get back from his injury....is this that slump some guys get after a big deal only to have that second year "see told you worth it" year like many do...many even wake up towards the end of that first season on the new deal when the noise motivates them.

Bottom line is right now at the best way of putting it both have been underwhelming...and when you factor in between the two we are spending $37,511,138 is where you switch to flat out bad.
Kenny has been the man double teamed since he started in the league. It can take its toll. He has a little more talent next to him now than he did in his first 5 seasons. Not sure if the 4-3 has impacted his play from the previous 3-4. He seems to be a bit slower off the ball. He did get into the backfield on that botch fumble by the Cardinals.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I was referring mostly to Jenkins and Clark. Jenkins quietly is having a lousy season.