milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It happens.
They did that to us last season. About to put us away in the 4th. Then Cousins slips and tears his Achilles, we block a FG, and their back up fumbles. But we could not accept the gratuity.

Reaction score
Sarcasm...But?? If we wind up losing another 8 games due to a place kicker even a no.1 pick is not going to win that many for us.
I figured you were joking. I was going to piggyback on that and say just trade Malik Willis for a Kicker. :laugh:

Reaction score
Sarcasm...But?? If we wind up losing another 8 games due to a place kicker even a no.1 pick is not going to win that many for us.
I figured you were joking. I was going to piggyback on that and say just trade Malik Willis for a Kicker :coffee:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying GB didn't have its chances, and I wasn't able to watch the game, but it sounds like a lot of garbage time points to me.
No, they weren't garbage-time points, not even close. The Vikings simply couldn't put them away and their O went silent in the 2nd half. The FGs would have helped, but were not by themselves the whole story of the loss.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they weren't garbage-time points, not even close. The Vikings simply couldn't put them away and their O went silent in the 2nd half.
When I say garbage time points, I mean maybe the Minnesota defense loosened up a bit and was more concerned with negating the big play than stopping us from moving the chains. Again, I couldn't watch the game, but I followed some of it on ESPN Gamecast. I don't think the Vikings likelihood to win stat ever went below 82%. If that's not garbage time, that's pretty close.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I say garbage time points, I mean maybe the Minnesota defense loosened up a bit and was more concerned with negating the big play than stopping us from moving the chains. Again, I couldn't watch the game, but I followed some of it on ESPN Gamecast. I don't think the Vikings likelihood to win stat ever went below 82%. If that's not garbage time, that's pretty close.
The Vikings had a few 4th and short plays in which they punted. Our run defense is not renown. I would have gone for it. They also could have used more clock.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings had a few 4th and short plays in which they punted. Our run defense is not renown. I would have gone for it. They also could have used more clock.
Well, I'm glad we had our chances anyway. Maybe we can spoil their home game next time we play.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson has a high ankle sprain and will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Most likely, he's going on IR. I feel bad for him. He just doesn't have a body capable of playing in the NFL. Some guys are just glass. Another season wrecked by injuries. While I don't think he'll be traded or cut any time soon, this major injury means he's very likely not to be resigned after the end of his rookie contract.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson has a high ankle sprain and will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Most likely, he's going on IR. I feel bad for him. He just doesn't have a body capable of playing in the NFL. Some guys are just glass. Another season wrecked by injuries. While I don't think he'll be traded or cut any time soon, this major injury means he's very likely not to be resigned after the end of his rookie contract.
Correct. I mentioned a few weeks earlier that it was only a matter of time for him to get hurt AGAIN. Fortunately, we have wideouts. Heath and Melton are dying to get reps. Now if Love does not make that ill advised throw he is still walking.