Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll team defenitly looks like its improving. So credit to MLF. I was campaigning to get him fired and I'm happy to say that, maybe I was wrong?

MLF starting to look like s coach.
Not sure about Barry's heart attack D# though.

In any case, great game, great team win.
Keep it up Boyz. And Christian get healthy buddy and maybe take up yoga and some serious stretching

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll team defenitly looks like its improving. So credit to MLF. I was campaigning to get him fired and I'm happy to say that, maybe I was wrong?

Keep it up Boyz. And Christian get healthy buddy and maybe take up yoga and some serious stretching
Think maybe we should delete the fire MLF thread for the rest of the season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Barrys guys held KC to 19

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We are now the number seven seed. Control our own destiny win out against a very winnable schedule and we're in
The trend meter is most definitely pointing UP. I wonder what people in Kansas City think about what they saw last night.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting disgusted enough to no longer bother with the morning sports shows on TV. The Mike Greenberg show "Get Up", a pretty good and balanced show, went off the rails on the non-pass interference call, Greenberg all but claiming that that cost the Chiefs the game. Really Mike? So if they get that call it's guaranteed that they score the touchdown, then get the two-point conversion to tie the game, and go on to win the game. By the way didn't notice the chief's tackle with a hand to the face of a packer defender on that play? Didn't notice that penalty no call? Of course not it doesn't fit the narrative.
The Packers won because they were the better team. But let's just talk about the Chiefs got robbed, because the Packers winning doesn't fit the narrative.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting disgusted enough to no longer bother with the morning sports shows on TV. The Mike Greenberg show "Get Up", a pretty good and balanced show, went off the rails on the non-pass interference call, Greenberg all but claiming that that cost the Chiefs the game. Really Mike? So if they get that call it's guaranteed that they score the touchdown, then get the two-point conversion to tie the game, and go on to win the game. By the way didn't notice the chief's tackle with a hand to the face of a packer defender on that play? Didn't notice that penalty no call? Of course not it doesn't fit the narrative.
The Packers won because they were the better team. But let's just talk about the Chiefs got robbed, because the Packers winning doesn't fit the narrative.
I actually quite like the Chiefs (they’re more or less my “local” team) but it feels like them and Mahomes are becoming the new patriots in this regard. During the Brady era pats they’d have a dozen BAD calls seem to go in their favor every game and not a peep about it. Then one call goes against them and the media would talk like it’s a crime against humanity or something. Chiefs getting a similar treatment nowadays imo

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be recency bias but I do not remember a QB being more accurate than Love was last night. I remember games where QBs were just as good but not better. The receivers played very well also. Great time for it to all come together.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been ******* the organization prior to the lions game. Some don't like it but I believe to get results there's a time fans need to be hard ***$ and voice what they see. But now, starting with the lions game there's a definite change of attitude and execution. Haven't seen this desire to really kick *** for quite some time.
GO PACK and keep it going.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be recency bias but I do not remember a QB being more accurate than Love was last night. I remember games where QBs were just as good but not better. The receivers played very well also. Great time for it to all come together.
Yeah, it isn't just Love who has been putting it together, the receivers have gotten better too. In the early games, there were always frustrating drops, but now we're seeing great catches and fewer mistakes. The whole team's coming together at the same time.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even my Bears fan Old Lady was impressed when all these dudes making plays had (R) next to their names. And Love is becoming what she hoped Fields would be.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going back to the 1 minute ref debacle that was the end of the 4th quarter.

The series where the call was overruled and personal foul. Given that the resulting play would have resulted in the clock running since they were down, would there not have been a 10 second run off and the clock starting when ready? I didn't think personal fouls by the offense would stop the clock so, the clock should have been at 40 and running not 50 and stopped?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodell's darlings needed a break..the refs were giving them. I was shocked that no p.i. was called..but..Valentine was looking towards the qb and trying to make a play on the ball.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't be happier about the progress this team has shown in the last several weeks. I love the confidence, determination and fight in them.
-Love is improving by leaps and bounds. Love his poise and command of the offense. Eventually I see him being mentioned among the top quarterbacks in the game, and I definitely feel that we have our long-term answer at quarterback. Think about this. Love and his entire receiving crew are going to be together for at least the next two seasons. This group can end up being lethal.
-I'm going to say now that I was wrong about MLF, specifically his play calling. In retrospect, I believe early on he had training wheels on Love the receivers and passing game until he had confidence that they were getting things down. Notice how much more aggressive and efficient and varied the offense has been lately. MLF has been giving master classes in play calling.
-got to give a shout out to Joe Barry and the defense. Mahomes and company are going to make their plays, but the d made the big plays when they had to and held them to 19 points. Great job.
-can't get too cocky, a team this young can still have let downs and breakdowns. But this schedule the rest of the way is very winnable if they continue to stay poised and execute. The toughest and must win games are the Vikings and Tampa. Barring the aforementioned let Downs, the giants, Panthers, and bears should be wins.
Going to be a fun ride.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This recent new squad we have here has a bit of a chip on its shoulder. The worst call was definitely when the clock shouldve ran. That was so obvious. Correct about it not fitting the narrative - reminded me of the pack busting the 9ers in the mouth in SF in the 90s - they were so hungry back then - and NOW. I know they wont do it this year but all signs are now pointing upward.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going back to the 1 minute ref debacle that was the end of the 4th quarter.

The series where the call was overruled and personal foul. Given that the resulting play would have resulted in the clock running since they were down, would there not have been a 10 second run off and the clock starting when ready? I didn't think personal fouls by the offense would stop the clock so, the clock should have been at 40 and running not 50 and stopped?
It was reported at that time that the out of bounds play should not have stopped the clock since the receiver went backward to GET out of bounds with someone tackling him. It all started with the call for hitting Mahommes in bounds.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was reported at that time that the out of bounds play should not have stopped the clock since the receiver went backward to GET out of bounds with someone tackling him. It all started with the call for hitting Mahommes in bounds.

The last couple minutes of the game was a near complete disaster for the referees, they seemed to be unable to get any call correct. It marred and otherwise entertaining game to watch.

I imagine they have some explaining to do this week.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eported at that time that the out of bounds play should not have stopped the clock since the receiver went backward to GET out of bounds with someone tackling him. It all started with the call for hitting Mahommes in bounds.

Not the play I was referring to. The play I was referring to was :

57 secs) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to R.Rice to GB 35 for 10 yards (Q.Walker; K.Brooks). FUMBLES (Q.Walker), touched at GB 34, RECOVERED by GB-C.Ballentine at GB 32. C.Ballentine for 68 yards, TOUCHDOWN.The Replay Official reviewed the runner was not down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED.

Next play started at 50 secs)

Would have thought it would have started at :40 and running right away.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last couple minutes of the game was a near complete disaster for the referees, they seemed to be unable to get any call correct. It marred and otherwise entertaining game to watch.

I imagine they have some explaining to do this week.
I know many refs do not like to determine outcomes of a game so they tend to only call the obvious or perceived obvious. Sometimes they favor the home team, the better team, or the famous athlete. Rodgers benefited at times in his career. So did Brady. Even though they were replacement refs I believe that called the Fail Mary back in Seattle in 2012 would have ruled INT if the game had ended at Lambeau Field instead of the Seahawk backyard.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not the play I was referring to. The play I was referring to was :

57 secs) (Shotgun) P.Mahomes pass short left to R.Rice to GB 35 for 10 yards (Q.Walker; K.Brooks). FUMBLES (Q.Walker), touched at GB 34, RECOVERED by GB-C.Ballentine at GB 32. C.Ballentine for 68 yards, TOUCHDOWN.The Replay Official reviewed the runner was not down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED.

Next play started at 50 secs)

Would have thought it would have started at :40 and running right away.
I think since it was overturned they ruled that the play ended on contact which was at 50 sec. However, it was inbounds. So since the Chiefs had no timeouts they should have started the clock before they lined up instead of allowing them to semi huddle. Had the ball never come out Chiefs probably rush to the line and spike it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think since it was overturned they ruled that the play ended on contact which was at 50 sec. However, it was inbounds. So since the Chiefs had no timeouts they should have started the clock before they lined up instead of allowing them to semi huddle. Had the ball never come out Chiefs probably rush to the line and spike it.
Hench, why there should have been the runoff.