Bucks 2024-25 Season Thread

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Khris Middleton already nursing injuries, and we're still in preseason. They need to plan on using Prince, and anyone else they can at the 3, as if he didn't exist, and consider him a luxury in the lineup when he's in shape to play.

Portis played lights out against the Lakers. He seems to be sending a message. I'm not certain how much Prince brings to the table. It's early, he's going to learn how to play with the starters as time goes on. I'm looking forward to seeing how Gary Trent, Jr, fits in. He could give a lot of quality minutes next to Lillard, give us some defense on the perimeter. AJ Johnson could be an enormously good project player in two or three years. The kid has game, and is not intimidated. A little G league time, and eventually makes it to the roster full time. This is the make it or break it year for Beauchamp. He seems to have the tools, but he hasn't stepped up and taken it to the limit of what he can do for some reason. I hope he finds it this year.

Rivers was wise bringing Darvin Ham back for the sidelines. This guy can get the best out of players who will listen. Fortunately, most of the Bucks fit that bill. His stint with the Lakers was doomed from the start. Too many players on that roster who are beyond being able to be coached up. As good of a person as LeBron James seems to be, I have a hunch he's also that difficult to coach from a team standpoint. He's the kind of player that people mesh around him, he's not going to bend his game to meet theirs. We have that in Milwaukee. Giannis, and Damien. Their skills almost demand others adjust, not them. That can cause a problem, because their games haven't really meshed on the court the way most of us hoped this past year. The question we need to ask is if it will mesh this year.

Pat Connaughton's days in Milwaukee are coming to an end. He could be traded this year. Next year he won't be there. Brooks Lopez may be long in the tooth, but the guy is a competitor day in and day out. He may not put up gaudy numbers, but he's there when needed, often enough to be a solid member of this team. The problem is, his age. I think this is his last hurrah too, and I really hate seeing it end. I really enjoy watching the big guy out there hustling around the court like a kid who's trying to make the team. You never see him let down on plays.

If the Bucks do poorly, and Giannis is unhappy, I think we see him asking to move on to greener pastures. In a way, I don't blame him, and in a way, it could also be good for the Bucks' future, after this coming season. He's going to be worth a lot of draft capital, and probably a quality player or two. The trick is to find the right trade partner, where he's going to be happy, and they're willing to change their play to match his.

I see that Mark Cuban has said he'd be more than happy to own another sports team, as long as he could team up with Shaq. Man! Would I love to see them buy out the group in Milwaukee, and keep Junior Bridgeman on board as one of the owners. That would be three guys who could turn it into a winning franchise that could be a dynasty. All three of them bring different dimensions of leadership to the table, and the Bucks name would be as popular world wide as the Celtics are today. Love it! Just dreaming there folks. Gotta have them.

Members online

Latest posts