Anti-Peacock Packers Eagles

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NBC is hyping their Peacock viewership for Friday night's Packer Eagles game with no pushback from the NFL.

14.2 Million viewers watched the Friday game.

Compare that to:
- 28.9 Million watched Thursday's opening night Chiefs Ravens game.
- 2023 NFL Playoffs averaged between 32-38 Million viewers.
- 2023 Regular season games averaged 17.9 Million viewers.
- Nationally televised 2023 Regular season games averaged 24 Million.

IMHO, 14.2 Million viewership for the 2nd NFL game of the year, between 2 teams with rabid fan-base, should be an embarrassment to the NFL. I'm certain Goodell will spin this as "a win", but I'm calling BS.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nepo baby Noah Eagle made 2010 Joe Buck sound like Gus Johnson. He sounded like he was in a library during Reed's TD that got called back. NBC/Peacock can't hire announcers worth a ****. Jac Collinsworth and Jason Garrett were terrible on Notre Dome broadcasts along with NFL for Garrett. Brees was a bad experiment to try to replace Collinsworth. I guess Colt McCoy was awful in last night's Notre Dome game. It's impressive how they keep running in bad announcers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys in Wisconsin have to watch the game on Peacock, or could you watch it locally somehow since it's the local team?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys in Wisconsin have to watch the game on Peacock, or could you watch it locally somehow since it's the local team?
WTMJ4 out of Milwaukee and whatever Green Bay station carried it but if you couldn't get one of those two apparently you were relegated to peacock.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all piled into a friends house to watch the game. Luckily she got the 1yr Peacock deal a ways back for $19.99. I wasn't a fan of the broadcast either, but I almost always say that with the national games. I'd rather have Larry and Wayne calling the game for me.