2025 Draft Prospects for Packers

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Start your premature list of candidates as you come across them.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure here's some early names folks likely should be familiar with at positions GB could or likely will be looking to, Cornerbacks:

Trending to be Day1 Guys

Benjamin Morrison from Notre Dame
....I expect he adds a touch to his 186lb frame to meet our 190 typical threshold...and even if we hit on our 7th round steal perhaps this year and Valentine proves not to be a rookie hit wonder...Jaire's contract is growing and nearing its end...Stokes will need a contract and could prove to be too expensive....I strongly think we dip back into a top 100 pick at CB next year at a likelihood of around 65% IMO. Morrison has played incredibly well for the Irish since he arrived and has posted 118th best of 917 CBs PFF grade in 2022 and 104Th best of 852 CBs in 2023. Solid outside corner for a high level program since his first snap as a freshman. His hips are above average, his speed looks game wise to be in the sub 4.4 or close range and he plays the ball very well and has to with just a 6 foot frame. His arm length I don't think is incredibly long, but I bet is typical. Out the gate against Ohio State his first game ever he allowed just one completion for 12 yards and had a PBU. His freshman year he had 6 INTs and allowed 22 receptions on 51 targets for just 296 yards and 1 TD. 2023 he arguably got better, as he had 3 INTs but 8 credited PBUs on 51 targets allowing 25 receptions and only 279 yards (3 TDs). What is promising in his first two years he has NEVER played terrible against top flight teams...his worst game was Duke 2023 but otherwise he truly seems to play his best in big games.
Morrison has an early Day1 tag on him on my VERY EARLY board.

Will Johnson from Michigan....another Day 1 guy that honestly is everything Morrison above is, just two inches taller and I believe is longer too. He might not be as fast in the forty, but his footwork is step above Morrison I'd argue right this moment. Both he and Johnson are vying for first round easily...and could be battling to be first CB by the end of the 2024 season. Only Ohio State in 2023 arguably could say they got the better of Johnson in his two years...and like Morrison he is again an outside only type CB.

Denzel Burke from Ohio State....if you asked me name a potential top 50 CB that is the most GB type it would likely be Burke, just from pedigree, build and all that. Arguably had the best 2023 season of these first three listed - he however has had some growing pains at Ohio State in his first two seasons relative to Morrison and Johnson...that doesn't necessarily mean anything other than he has fought and is now one of the best CBs in collegiate football. 6'1' 193lbs he quite likely is a blend of the above two when it comes to speed, agility, hips and feet....I don't see the hands on him like I do in Morrison or Johnson but then again we are talking about CB not WR.

A name that many will learn about either in the season or predraft process that likely you don't know now:

Cobee Bryant from Kansas
....I'm telling you right now it blows my mind how many folks have no clue who this back to back First Team All Big12 corner is in his first two seasons in college. He caught my eye in 2022, but needed to grossly improve in his technique and his tackling.....2023 season CHECK. The ONLY hurdle Bryant has is his own physical make up. He is a slender build and last I heard when I got information this summer was that he was nearing his goal of 180lbs by the season as he has played closer to 170 the last two seasons. Listed at 6 foot...I see more a guy in that upper 5'11' range but the fight and dog this dude has in him is special and isn't something which could be taught. I think if he can get his weight up to that 183 or more range and stay sub 4.45 he could be my FAVORITE CB in this upcoming draft to go outside the first three or so. Not too mention it would be pretty cool to hear the stadium after an INT or PBU yelling "Cobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Older guy not to overlook:

Jahdae Barron from Texas
.....many folks like me thought he'd come out last year, but he is part of that group hoping to make 2024 their year. I put him here because many folks push aside the older guys....the reason I won't do that so quickly with Barron is he plays a HIGH HIGH level slot corner and I still hate that Javon Bullard is the only guy I would say plays better slot corner on the Packers roster right now other than Jaire...draft Barron if Nixon again proves to be average at best...solve the slot woes immediately IMO and overlook the fact he'll be a fifth year type guy - likely a Day2 pick due to this truthfully and worth it.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I highlighted CBs above...but I just got done watching some more film on Morrison and the safety that is in town with him Xavier Watts. Notre Dame's secondary could compete to be one of the most complete secondary groups in college football this next year with those two as the tip of the spear.

Watts IMO could have went pro this last year and likely pushed for a Day2 picking....but if he does in 2024 what he did in 2023 he's a lock for a Top50 level type pick IMO. Last year Watts took home the Bronko Nagurski Trophy - given to the best defensive player in college football...putting up 7 INTs / 4 PDs / 52 Tackles (3TFLs) and boasting a 37.8 passer rating allowed when targeted (eighth best in Power Five).

A guy who came to ND originally to compete at WR...switched to safety his third year and showed immense chops and then this past year was one of the best in the business at safety. 6'0' 201lb frame that I know from his camp he wants to add another 4-5 lbs of muscle without impeding any production/performance - and if he can illustrate better tackling and run support this year he is going to catch eyes as one of the best safeties available come April of next year. He isn't a speed demon but he is already sub 4.5 and is pushing to be in that mid 4.5 range by April hopefully.

While I said his tackling could use some growth it is less about his ability to hit and wrap and more about run recognition and choosing the right angle...he is a million mile a minute attacker given his LB past and loves to fly around pushing the limit which is one reason why he is a massive playmaker.

Want a player comp? Extremely raw version of a Bob Sanders....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts