2023 Wildcard game at Dallas

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As someone who has broken his ankles, gotten high ankle sprains, and rolls them constantly (in my kitchen, getting out of bed, etc.), I consider myself a bit of an expert. Unless they list Jaire as having a sprain of some sort, I would expect him to play. If he just rolled his ankle it will just be sore for a while.
Tape it and go as long as you can.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hilarious if Packers beat The Cowboys and exercised their demons in SF. It would be really really hilarious if Pack stumbled into a SB win.
It would be almost Miracle on Ice level, or even Miracle on Ice II.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson just needs to be a go. What’s the risk? You pull a hamstring again? It’s 50/50 he’ll get 6 months to let it heal either way, let’s quit being so fragile and warm up and stretch it good and let’s test it out on Sunday. What’s the worst thing he tweaks it? It’s already tweaked let’s get going cmon. No risk no reward
Like in Miracle on Ice. Brooks asks Doc "Can he hurt it any worse?" Doc: "No, but it'll be very painful..." (Brooks walks away.)

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JA has been reported to have rolled his ankle, putting his game status in question... again... This is not what the team paid for, the highest paid DB, unavailable for the playoffs.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JA has been reported to have rolled his ankle, putting his game status in question... again... This is not what the team paid for, the highest paid DB, unavailable for the playoffs.
You're jumping the damn gun. Who said he is unavailable as of right now?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys were 4 and 4 vs teams with winning records. They can be beaten, especially if the Packers play very well to start the game, take an early lead and go into half leading or tied.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Was anyone able to find a site that actually had an update on "Strength of Schedule Played"?

I did about 10 minutes of searching and was frustrated. I found a lot of old predictions of SOS, but nothing with the updated "End of 2023 SOS".
Tankathon does it weekly during the season. They give % as it's one of the tie breakers for draft order.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is unbeatable at home. Think back to 20 years ago.
Of course. It's not impossible. But 16 for their last 16 certainly counts for something.

The Cowboys are damn good. Could we win? Sure. I just think people may be expecting a little too much from the youngest team in playoff history. We're probably not ready....and that's ok.

Just trying to keep my expectations tempered ...would be awesome to win, obviously.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. It's not impossible. But 16 for their last 16 certainly counts for something.

The Cowboys are damn good. Could we win? Sure. I just think people may be expecting a little too much from the youngest team in playoff history. We're probably not ready....and that's ok.

Just trying to keep my expectations tempered ...would be awesome to win, obviously.
It's not even close to impossible. I think we match up well with them. They've NEVER been able to contain AJ33. They also give up a lot of yards after the catch and we have a few guys who are pretty good at that. Their other weakness on defense is giving up a lot of plays over the middle. Fortunately, that's where Love shines.

I think it will be a close, mid-to-high scoring game with both teams scoring between 24-35 points. Both teams are 7-3 since Halloween. Not sure why some seem to think they are SO much better than us. We beat them last year and we're a better team than we were last year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tape it and go as long as you can.
The first time I hurt an ankle it was my freshman year of high school. They taped it up because nobody else could snap the ball. I limped for weeks in school and throughout games. The following summer I jumped off a small bridge and after a few days of severe pain in the same ankle, I agreed to go to the doctor. The doctor looked at the x-rays and pointed to two breaks, asking when the first one happened. "Hmmm, it must have been in football the previous year!"

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question. How many Packers have never been rostered for a playoff game, let alone got some snaps?
Outside of Aaron Jones and Kenny Clark none have. Unless you throw in the injured Bahk and Jaire.

OUpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lamb lit up a lot of teams this season. And Dak did a good job of finding him. Similar to Jefferson. He will get his yards. We have to try and stop the others. Prescott had a good game against the Capers defense in that playoff game years back. We have to try and put up points against a very good defense. The teams that have beaten the Boys forced turnovers. Not easy.
Dallas defense struggles against the run. If we run the ball effectively, get the ball out quick to eliminate their pass rush we will be successful on Offense. The closer the game is late, the more mistakes Dak will make by forcing things.
Dallas is vulnerable, just have to stay calm and apply pressure to make them press.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think 1 thing that could be a factor in helping the Packers this season is QB mobility. Love has shown thus far to be somewhat mobile (fumble withstanding). Love has been similar to young Rodgers in scrambling ability and recognizing holes or escape hatches. However Love actually looks a hair better than young Rodgers at avoiding Sacks when getting hit. Loves size and lower body center of gravity help his cause. At 6’4” X220lb and a bit quicker than he is fast, Love is not immune from just running it in for a score or a needed 1st down

In his near record breaking tear for a first year starter. Loves efficiency on the ground has been stealthy and thus ignored. Across those same
8 games? He’s quietly rushed 29/183 yards and
6.3 per
2TD’s

Many of those 3-4 runs at 23 yards per game are quietly garnering either a critical 1st down or TD.

Rodgers first starting season across 16 contests (double games above)
52/199 yards
3.83 per run
3 TD’s

It’s a part of the game nobody talks about. Yet Love has 4 Rushing TD’s and has one of the highest per run efficiency in GB. It’s a trait that similarly Makes Mahomes dangerous. Do I want Love running like Fields? No.
Do I think he can be selective to get a critical 1st down or roll away fake for a TD in postseason.
100% Yes
I believe it’s a part of the game no one is planning for. At least not our opponent. I’d save a few designed QB runs in the second half, possibly with an optional TE outlet option.
I think just about all of Love's designed runs should have a pass option component. You never know when you're going to catch someone sleeping or grossly out of position.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So are we right now
We are better than that team that beat the Lions and Chiefs or we are better than the Lions and Chiefs? I'm not so sure on either count. I will say this though, I would much rather be playing the Lions or Chiefs this weekend

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Outside of Aaron Jones and Kenny Clark none have. Unless you throw in the injured Bahk and Jaire.
Just looked. Preston, Campbell, Deguera, Gary, Myers, & Jenkins was injured. We only missed the playoffs one year. Love was rostered so he has an idea of what it takes. Few others like McDuffie got ST snaps.

Members online

No members online now.