Who do you want to see in the Super Bowl?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, that in that AFC run the Vikings fell victim 4 times.
Right, you couldn't expect me to want the Vikings to win, NFL or no. Now that we have the Super Bowl set though, I'm pretty sure I will root for the Chiefs. I can't stand the 49ers. The Chiefs have had too much success recently, but this would be the 49ers sixth Super Bowl win, which would put them two ahead of us. As long as Taylor's happy, that's what matters, right? :coffee:

Reaction score
Right, you couldn't expect me to want the Vikings to win, NFL or no. Now that we have the Super Bowl set though, I'm pretty sure I will root for the Chiefs. I can't stand the 49ers. The Chiefs have had too much success recently, but this would be the 49ers sixth Super Bowl win, which would put them two ahead of us. As long as Taylor's happy, that's what matters, right? :coffee:
I’m also not a 49ers fan after they’ve eliminated us a bunch of times. The last couple in very close games. This Detroit loss showed how resilient This years 49ers team is. They just came from behind late in 2 playoff games. SF49ers did to us what they do to others, they use all 4trs and 60 minutes to topple their opponent This -17 point deficit was one of the biggest come from behind victories in NFC game histor. SF are just a very sound football team that’s well coached.
That said. I actually believe we can be at or slightly above the 49ers level of strength by 2024-2025.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And although we have had battles with Andy Reid back through his Eagle days I admire and respect him. He is a great game planner. And he just won 2 road playoff games.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That said. I actually believe we can be at or slightly above the 49ers level of strength by 2024-2025.
I hope so, I think we have the skill, but I'm not sure if we have the toughness, that seems to usually be the difference for us. The Lions have adopted that smash mouth mindset, playing them a couple of times a year might do us some good.

Reaction score
I hope so, I think we have the skill, but I'm not sure if we have the toughness, that seems to usually be the difference for us. The Lions have adopted that smash mouth mindset, playing them a couple of times a year might do us some good.
Yep. Savage, Wyatt and Campbell are definitely the opposite of smash mouth when factoring draft position and cap expenditures.
Yes. I’ve been saying that for awhile now.

We need a more physical D if we want to see a SB Win. Savage and Campbell are both heavy cut candidates for me and Wyatt has 2024 to prove himself, he’s on thin ice for me. It’s like he can’t get off his plateau he’s very average

Go get a substantial LB this draft to pair with Quay. Grab either Notre Dames Mariat Liufau or Payton Wilson from NC (work a post June trade with Campbell if necessary).

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want the Chiefs to win today just because I'm tired of losing to SF. But it occurred to me that if the Chiefs win today, they will have won more Super Bowls in the last five years than we have in the last 50+. Seems kind of weird.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as an observation, it seems to me that the media as a whole is really pushing the 49ers. Seems like they are getting talked about a lot more than the Chiefs are (surprising since Taylor Swift is starting for the Chiefs). I know the 49ers are favored, but I think it's also because the Chiefs have been such a constant presence in the big game the last several years.

Reminds me of when we played the Broncos in Super Bowl XXXII, the one most of us would probably like to forget. I was kind of irked that most of the press seemed to be about the Broncos. But I guess it was because we had been there the year before, and there wasn't that much to say about us anymore. Probably the same with the Chiefs.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I want the Chiefs to win today just because I'm tired of losing to SF. But it occurred to me that if the Chiefs win today, they will have won more Super Bowls in the last five years than we have in the last 50+. Seems kind of weird.
Uh.... Super Bowls? We have 13 World Championships and offer no apologies for the fact that every team except the Bears, Cards and Packers are expansion franchises. A marketing term does not differentiate championships prior to a date on a calendar.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh.... Super Bowls? We have 13 World Championships and offer no apologies for the fact that every team except the Bears, Cards and Packers are expansion franchises. A marketing term does not differentiate championships prior to a date on a calendar.
Well, we have four Super Bowls total, which isn't bad at all. It's not up there with those at the top, but not bad, and certainly better than anyone else in our division. I agree with you, I count by NFL Championships, but it helps that I'm older. Most people these days think in terms of Super Bowls. And as I said, we have four. But in the last 56 years, we have only won two.

That's still more than anyone else in our division over that period of time, but it's kind of mind boggling to think about. Obviously our rate of success has fallen off some. That's inevitable when there are so many teams now. And not that surprising when we were so bad for so long during the gory years. But it's still a little wild to think about. But the current team looks promising, hopefully our time will be coming up again soon.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as an observation, it seems to me that the media as a whole is really pushing the 49ers. Seems like they are getting talked about a lot more than the Chiefs are (surprising since Taylor Swift is starting for the Chiefs). I know the 49ers are favored, but I think it's also because the Chiefs have been such a constant presence in the big game the last several years.

Reminds me of when we played the Broncos in Super Bowl XXXII, the one most of us would probably like to forget. I was kind of irked that most of the press seemed to be about the Broncos. But I guess it was because we had been there the year before, and there wasn't that much to say about us anymore. Probably the same with the Chiefs.
They like to see the team that has not won it in ages win it. The 9ers are vulnerable. They were a play away from getting beat the last 2 games. But they are very skilled.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, we have four Super Bowls total, which isn't bad at all. It's not up there with those at the top, but not bad, and certainly better than anyone else in our division. I agree with you, I count by NFL Championships, but it helps that I'm older. Most people these days think in terms of Super Bowls. And as I said, we have four. But in the last 56 years, we have only won two.

That's still more than anyone else in our division over that period of time, but it's kind of mind boggling to think about. Obviously our rate of success has fallen off some. That's inevitable when there are so many teams now. And not that surprising when we were so bad for so long during the gory years. But it's still a little wild to think about. But the current team looks promising, hopefully our time will be coming up again soon.
To illustrate my disdain for a marketing term.... the Packers won 3 World Championships in a row ... '65, '66 and '67. The '65 team was the best of the 3 and guess what, the implementation of a marketing term, precludes that '65 team??? Nah... that's for fans of expansion teams, we have 13.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They like to see the team that has not won it in ages win it. The 9ers are vulnerable. They were a play away from getting beat the last 2 games. But they are very skilled.
I think they just noted on TV the 49ers haven't won the big one in 30 years. But when you remember how dominant they were with Montana, and the fact they have five Super Bowls, it's hard to feel too sorry for them. Especially since they've been beating our **** so routinely the past several years.

To illustrate my disdain for a marketing term.... the Packers won 3 World Championships in a row ... '65, '66 and '67. The '65 team was the best of the 3 and guess what, the implementation of a marketing term, precludes that '65 team??? Nah... that's for fans of expansion teams, we have 13.
Yes, we have 13. Only two in the last 56 years though.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think they just noted on TV the 49ers haven't won the big one in 30 years. But when you remember how dominant they were with Montana, and the fact they have five Super Bowls, it's hard to feel too sorry for them. Especially since they've been beating our **** so routinely the past several years.

Yes, we have 13. Only two in the last 56 years though.
Yeah, but hey... well, I got nuthin'

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Tay-tay needs to get her boy under control there. So emotional, he is! Slams his helmet on the ground and tackles his head coach.

I think this is the first time this season the Chiefs were already starting their sideine meltdown before halftime.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say the 1966 team was better than the 1965 team. The 65 team had more injuries and won many games because of the defense and turnovers. The 1966 team saw Starr lead the league in passing. The two games they lost were 21-20 to Frisco when Chandler missed a chip shot near the end and 20-17 when Tarkenton pulled a rabbit out of the hat. They were that close to a perfect season.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, Tay-tay needs to get her boy under control there. So emotional, he is! Slams his helmet on the ground and tackles his head coach.

I think this is the first time this season the Chiefs were already starting their sideine meltdown before halftime.
A complete and utter lack of poise by the Champs thus far. They're letting the 9'ers sh*t talk get under their skin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts