Not really that new to the board now...

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh thats funny. That was one of the threads I wanted to start was a fun competition for drafting. I worked up the point system and everything. I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't remember how long it took for me to be able to post. Maybe, just maybe, they don't like you? If you want to draw some fire, so you can respond to posts, just tell them that you think Love is a horrible QB, and you think the Packers should trade Love and two first round picks to get Rodgers back.

That ought to put you in good graces in a hurry.

Just a thought..... ;)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. @Shaggy changed it when he assumed ownership and that part of the code is super secure. Let me get home from the Ozarks next weekend to a real computer and I'll see what I can do.
Wow! Branson? Just a guess.

I haven't been there but have friends who bought a home there. We keep getting invites, but haven't been able to make it yet. Their Son and Daughter-in-law both work in the entertainment business there, and tickets are free for them, and for us, if we go. Even back stage passes to meet some of the performers, which is kind of cool.

We're hoping we can make it up there sometime in the early fall.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! Branson? Just a guess.

I haven't been there but have friends who bought a home there. We keep getting invites, but haven't been able to make it yet. Their Son and Daughter-in-law both work in the entertainment business there, and tickets are free for them, and for us, if we go. Even back stage passes to meet some of the performers, which is kind of cool.

We're hoping we can make it up there sometime in the early fall.
Yes Branson. We went south about 75-100 miles into Arkansas to watch the eclipse at a national scenic riverway with about 1000 other people picnicking in this vast open area along the Buffalo River.
Branson surprised me with how spread out it is. 5-10 miles each way from our base camp to any sites. We were in an RV park just up the road from from the Showboat Belle. Really loved the boardwalk in old Branson along the river. I think it is what most towns that cater to the tourists would like to duplicate. I'm glad we missed the busy season. No waiting at any of the restaurants. The 10.35% sales tax was an eye opener. Varies on which municipality or area of town you were buying in too.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Branson. We went south about 75-100 miles into Arkansas to watch the eclipse at a national scenic riverway with about 1000 other people picnicking in this vast open area along the Buffalo River.
Branson surprised me with how spread out it is. 5-10 miles each way from our base camp to any sites. We were in an RV park just up the road from from the Showboat Belle. Really loved the boardwalk in old Branson along the river. I think it is what most towns that cater to the tourists would like to duplicate. I'm glad we missed the busy season. No waiting at any of the restaurants. The 10.35% sales tax was an eye opener. Varies on which municipality or area of town you were buying in too.
Our friends said we should come during the off season as well. They can't get free tickets during the height of summer, but in the spring and fall, no problem. You definitely chose the right time. Nice idea combining with the eclipse.

We also have friends in Bella Vista, Arkansas, who want us to visit. They come down here and stay with us every year, just like the friends from Branson. We thought about doing two weeks in each place, to enjoy it all. I think that's somewhere about 80 to 90 miles away from Branson. Just a guess there, not certain.

We'll probably get to do it this year, because our Daughter lives in Kansas, just over the line from Kansas City, in one of the 'Burbs. Our Grandson plays HS football, and will be a junior this coming year. Pretty good player, already being watched by the University of Kansas as a possible recruit. It could make for a great month between the 3 places.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice idea combining with the eclipse.
The eclipse was the bucket list destination. Branson was my brother's idea. He rented and drove the RV we stayed in and I drove the chase vehicle and bought the show tickets. He went on a few days longer to rattlesnake hunt with friends near OKC while we did the Route 66 thing back into Illinois on the way home.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The eclipse was the bucket list destination. Branson was my brother's idea. He rented and drove the RV we stayed in and I drove the chase vehicle and bought the show tickets. He went on a few days longer to rattlesnake hunt with friends near OKC while we did the Route 66 thing back into Illinois on the way home.
The Route 66 nostalgia is terrific. Back in 1972, much of it through Arizona and New Mexico was still operational. Even into some of Texas. We too a week driving from Las Vegas back to Chicago, enjoying all of it we could soak up, because it was already starting to disappear. The Interstate was being built so many places. It was a fun trip. Really enjoyed it.