Not really that new to the board now...

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, how do I get permissions to post new threads and reaction emojis? What's the secret sauce?
I've posted some replies but not sure what the trick is...who needs some brown nosing?

Mostly here for the draft content!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, how do I get permissions to post new threads and reaction emojis? What's the secret sauce?
I've posted some replies but not sure what the trick is...who needs some brown nosing?

Now?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you need 100 posts. Or is it 50?

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha. Yeh life kinda got involved for me for many years and my time commitment for draft talk was limited. But Im back. Did you have the same name at ESPN? I'm curious who you might be. I don't recognize the Rant name.

Reaction score
I
Yhen I think we all ended up on the CBS board after that. A lot of good draft discussions we had over there
interesting. Ive Been on that I think? I remember the NFL one. Then they started requiring Facebook and then did away with the comments and I jumped ship. I’ve come across a few posters in here from other forums years ago. Although this is clearly the best forum

Last edited:
OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

interesting. Ive Been on that I think? I remember the NFL one. Then they started requiring Facebook and I jumped ship. I’ve come across a few posters in here from other forums years ago. Although this is clearly the best forum
Yikes. I would've definitely bailed.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this? So I just need to drop a few more responses?
It's definitely true, it's just the cutoff number I'm not sure of. You need a certain number of posts before you can use the "like" button, and certain number postsbefore you start your own thread, but I don't recall the exact number or whether the minimum number for the two are the same number or different totals. At least one of the values was definitely either 100 or 125.

So yeah, just keep posting. I remember it seemed to take me forever, because I didn't want to post ****** content just for the sake of boosting my post count. I prefer to post ****** content that is important to me. But it was frustrating because there were a lot of posts that I wanted to be "liking", and couldn't do it.

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's definitely true, it's just the cutoff number I'm not sure of. You need a certain number of posts before you can use the "like" button, and certain number postsbefore you start your own thread, but I don't recall the exact number or whether the minimum number for the two are the same number or different totals. At least one of the values was definitely either 100 or 125.

So yeah, just keep posting. I remember it seemed to take me forever, because I didn't want to post ****** content just for the sake of boosting my post count. I prefer to post ****** content that is important to me. But it was frustrating because there were a lot of posts that I wanted to be "liking", and couldn't do it.
Roger...I'll just have to kindly ask that people ignore my general comments for the next 50 or so! :) I have some fun threads I want to start but can't yet..so we'll get there.

Cheers.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roger...I'll just have to kindly ask that people ignore my general comments for the next 50 or so! :) I have some fun threads I want to start but can't yet..so we'll get there.

Cheers.
Tough time of year, because it's pretty quiet in here.... probably the quietest month of the year, between the combine and Draft Day, although this year there was a hell of a lot more free agent news to talk about than any other year in recent memory.

But here I am answering your post, giving you the opportunity to do the courteous thing and thank me, so... there's that anyway. Drip, drip, drip.... next thing you know, the bucket's full.

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
giving you the opportunity to do the courteous thing and thank me
It is so very generous of you. Your graciousness shall not go unappreciated. I shall, hereby, thank you for your cordiality and altruism. For I would not be capable of proceeding in this lonesome and desolate labyrinth they call forums without it!

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I've made it to 50 and still can't do a thread. So I'll keep track for any future reference.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Haha. Yeh life kinda got involved for me for many years and my time commitment for draft talk was limited. But Im back. Did you have the same name at ESPN? I'm curious who you might be. I don't recognize the Rant name.
Sorry, had to step out for the afternoon, was in a singles bowling tournament. I was duanerant at espn, then changed to DoURant after leaving there. I remember leaving that site because it was switching to Facebook.... no thanks.

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, had to step out for the afternoon, was in a singles bowling tournament. I was duanerant at espn, then changed to DoURant after leaving there. I remember leaving that site because it was switching to Facebook.... no thanks.
Holy smokes...I definitely remember that name! It's funny, I kind of expected to run into someone here from the old days...just hadn't happened until now. Good to be back with "old friends".

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
@edensmage make sure you do an entry in the 11th Annual Amish draft contest 2024. Rules are at the top, and you can edit your picks all the way until they lock it just before the draft starts.

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
make sure you do an entry in the 11th Annual Amish draft contest 2024. Rules are at the top, and you can edit your picks all the way until they lock it just before the draft starts.
Oh thats funny. That was one of the threads I wanted to start was a fun competition for drafting. I worked up the point system and everything. I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Members online

No members online now.