My Post SB LVIII 2 cents

Reaction score
Yes, before that punt fumble KC wasn't doing squat on offense and in the end that along with the missed extra point doomed SF.
Exactly. Both teams traded mishaps on Offense by fumbling in scoring position. That and the 49er missed XPA kinda negated each other.
However the Punt hitting the ankle and causing a change of possession and massive field position swap decided the game more than any other single play imo. If the 49ers just get a first down and stall there? They are punting inside the KC 20 yardline and 49ers ST coverage was playing A+.
I doubt KC goes 85 yards there for a TD and even if they did it would’ve eaten 4-5 minutes of clock and would’ve heavily favored SF at the end. It would’ve resulted in a 13-13 game 4wtr 12:30 left. Then a
16-13 SF lead with 6-7 minutes left.

Suddenly. The last drive would’ve been SF with 2 Timeouts and 1-3 minutes left in regulation and needing a FG to win. Not a good scenario for KC. The Karlaftis fake injury to rest his Defense would’ve resulted in a penalty against KC as those guys were winded.
Thats best case assuming KC went 85 yards and a TD in the previous possession. It ain’t happening and it still results in a KC loss either way imo.

Obviously would’ve could’ve should’ve. But that game was as winnable for SF as our Divisional was against SF. 1 Brandon botchstik ST plays will cost you a SB

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the last 30 seconds of the game? I haven't seen any reports yet today. Why did KC not call a TO on the 1st & goal? It's almost as if they knew the fix was in. Both teams had TOs left and neither called one to set the defense or offense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the last 30 seconds of the game? I haven't seen any reports yet today. Why did KC not call a TO on the 1st & goal? It's almost as if they knew the fix was in. Both teams had TOs left and neither called one to set the defense or offense.

In overtime it truly isn't just one quarter and their offense is promised a possession. Time runs out they just head to quarter two of OT with the ball.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In overtime it truly isn't just one quarter and their offense is promised a possession. Time runs out they just head to quarter two of OT with the ball.
It's like a whole new game started.
Bosa freaking controlled his side of the line and never let Mahomes escape moving forward, always back...insanely good game out of him.
Bosa blew it on the Mahomes keeper. Other than that, he really limited Mahomes.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SF had 3 plays and 1 injury that cost them this football game.
1. McCaffery fumble on opening drive. Cost them a minimum of 3 points.
2. Fumble on punt and giving KC offense life.
3. Missed PAT, no excuse for this at that level
4. Greenlaw injury

I will also add that Shannan quit running the ball in the 3rd quarter that cost them big. Not sure he is as good as the talking heads make him out to be
49ers biggest error in this game was in the 2020 NFL draft, taking Ayuik at 25 when the Packers took Jordan Love with the next pick. Instead of trading up for Trey Lance in 2021 they could have taken Jamar Chase, if you are worried about losing the offensive weapon.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus, the Pack would not have traded up to get Love since he had already been drafted and with their 4th round pick would have drafted Sneed which would have weakened KCs secondary yesterday.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was under the understanding the overtime rules in all NFL games each offense gets a possession...the only way a team's offense does not get a possession is if their defense scores a TD....
I think during the regular season an opening drive TD still won it for that team. They only changed it to each team getting a chance for the playoffs.

Reaction score
Yeah that threw a bunch of us off.
It’s 2 Quarters it was only the end of 1st

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like most of you, I can't stand either team, but seeing SF and Shanahan lose the way they did -- well, it didn't displease me.
As for KC, I can't hate Andy Reid, but the one guy I can't stand on that team is Travis Kelce. He's a complete a-hole from what I can tell and the last thing I wanted to see was him and Taylor Swift smooching it up while listening to his drivel. Thankfully I wasn't watching at that point.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Entertaining? That's the last word I'd use to describe this match.

It was full boring and a torrid affair with nothing but mistakes from both sides to talk about for nearly 85 mins. Worse is neither team took advantage of others mistakes but made their own to even it out.

A game when both teams deserved to lose, but one did marginally more to lose it.

Members online

Latest posts