McCarthy and Rodgers

Reaction score
A lot is coming out this week about the relationship between McCarthy and Rodgers because Green Bay is playing in Dallas.

Wouldn't you just love to hear the true story about what really drove McCarthy out of Green Bay with Rodgers at qb, especially with
all the verbal BuIIshu+ Rogers has been in lately.
Did we let a great coach go to Dallas??

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure. All I know is McCarthys teams have laid some eggs in playoffs..favored in most too. Seattle, S.F. Giants x2. Any given Sunday!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard them talking how Rodgers and MM would sit for hours on the couch in MM's office and talk about just about anything. Locker room stuff etc. And would always end with a hug and an I love you. Guessing Rodgers loved that. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot is coming out this week about the relationship between McCarthy and Rodgers because Green Bay is playing in Dallas.

Wouldn't you just love to hear the true story about what really drove McCarthy out of Green Bay with Rodgers at qb, especially with
No.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
MM had lost the confidence of the locker room and more importantly the front office. Probably would have been irreparable so parting ways was the best for all involved. AR12 wasn't really a factor.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

no we didnt...blind loyalist yes...vince lombardi no

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“Great coach”? No. I think he’s a players coach, he’s been good for Dak and was a major improvement over Garrett, but what I hear from Cowboys fans is that many of them are tired of the in-game mistakes, bad clock management, and perhaps worst of all - the penalties. And that’s not even touching on last night’s game and their overall playoff record.

There has just been a general sense among a lot them that MM has been playing checkers when a lot of opposing coaches are playing chess.

Look, I think he’s a stand-up guy, he sounds like a good family man and a good motivator. I really sympathize with whatever he had to deal with from Aaron “diva” Rodgers. I’m sure that was a difficult situation looking back on it and knowing what we know now about AR’s personality. But, and I would have said this before last night’s beatdown, I wouldn’t trade coaches with any amount of money or sweeteners thrown in to have MM back as HC. No way!

I know his family misses GB. Maybe if he were to come back as an assistant or coordinator of some sort, if there were a place for him, that would be a nice fit. Perhaps.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy lost me when for a couple years at the end, he could not scheme any receivers open. Rodgers would stand back there all day and not find anyone open. And sometimes receivers seemed to be bunched together. A lot of people said it was because our receivers weren't very good. But I just don't buy into that. More like the opposition knew what we were going to try because he did not do anything different. I don't have an opinion about him in Dallas. He won a lot of games.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be clear that just about everyone loved McCarthy when he reigned in Favre and turned him into an MVP-level quarterback again. He and Clements then molded Rodgers from a highly touted college player into another MVP/SB quarterback. He put the right coaches in place and called a lot of great games.

That said, every leader faces a point where the message/image/structure gets stale. I agree that McCarthy's offense lost all of its creativity and relied purely on WR speed to create separation. It's got to be a 50/50 partnership between player and coach to get players open. When McCarthy's offense and leadership became stale, it was time to go. I don't have ANY hard feelings for McCarthy. It's like breaking up with a girlfriend. You can be hurt immediately afterward but unless some bad acts were taken, one needs to make peace with the outcome at some point.

I'd have no problem hearing those two reminisce about the good old days, specific games, plays, etc. Jeez I could even sit around and listen to players talk with Dan Devine, Forrest Gregg, Bart Starr, Lindy Infante, Holmgren, or Sherman about their exits. It's all in the past.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Answer: No

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's be clear that just about everyone loved McCarthy when he reigned in Favre and turned him into an MVP-level quarterback again. He and Clements then molded Rodgers from a highly touted college player into another MVP/SB quarterback. He put the right coaches in place and called a lot of great games.

That said, every leader faces a point where the message/image/structure gets stale. I agree that McCarthy's offense lost all of its creativity and relied purely on WR speed to create separation. It's got to be a 50/50 partnership between player and coach to get players open. When McCarthy's offense and leadership became stale, it was time to go. I don't have ANY hard feelings for McCarthy. It's like breaking up with a girlfriend. You can be hurt immediately afterward but unless some bad acts were taken, one needs to make peace with the outcome at some point.

I'd have no problem hearing those two reminisce about the good old days, specific games, plays, etc. Jeez I could even sit around and listen to players talk with Dan Devine, Forrest Gregg, Bart Starr, Lindy Infante, Holmgren, or Sherman about their exits. It's all in the past.
I've always "liked" McCarthy the person and thought he was an excellent QB coach who ended up getting promoted beyond his level of capability which is very common. We've seen it before with Rhodes and Sherman the GM.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Great coach”? No. I think he’s a players coach, he’s been good for Dak and was a major improvement over Garrett, but what I hear from Cowboys fans is that many of them are tired of the in-game mistakes, bad clock management, and perhaps worst of all - the penalties. And that’s not even touching on last night’s game and their overall playoff record.

There has just been a general sense among a lot them that MM has been playing checkers when a lot of opposing coaches are playing chess.

Look, I think he’s a stand-up guy, he sounds like a good family man and a good motivator. I really sympathize with whatever he had to deal with from Aaron “diva” Rodgers. I’m sure that was a difficult situation looking back on it and knowing what we know now about AR’s personality. But, and I would have said this before last night’s beatdown, I wouldn’t trade coaches with any amount of money or sweeteners thrown in to have MM back as HC. No way!

I know his family misses GB. Maybe if he were to come back as an assistant or coordinator of some sort, if there were a place for him, that would be a nice fit. Perhaps.
Lol, Cowboys FanZone wants him gone. In fact, majority want the entire city blown up! It's comical over there right now and they are in full cannibal mode. Posters going after one another. Mods letting em play. Best free entertainment on the internet!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy lost me when for a couple years at the end, he could not scheme any receivers open. Rodgers would stand back there all day and not find anyone open.
McCarthy seemed to expect the players to fit into his scheme, he didn't seem willing to change his scheme to fit the players. He probably figured it worked in the Super Bowl, and if it didn't work once the talent level dropped off, it was on the athletes, not him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, Cowboys FanZone wants him gone. In fact, majority want the entire city blown up! It's comical over there right now and they are in full cannibal mode. Posters going after one another. Mods letting em play. Best free entertainment on the internet!
All that matters is what Jerry wants. And Jerry will keep him one more.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they should lobby to get Jerry Jones out. Makes you glad we don't have an owner - other than the shareholders :)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe they should lobby to get Jerry Jones out. Makes you glad we don't have an owner - other than the shareholders :)
They all seem to hate Jones but know he isn't going anywhere.

Members online

Latest posts