If you were GM, what is your ideal draft?

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I had plans to do a point game draft thing but as I found out, Amish has that covered. So instead, I thought it would be fun to post how we would draft at this point, and then take a vote of who's draft we like the best. In other words, if you were Gute, how would you draft for us.
So here are my rules:
1) Any draft picks must be within reason of the consensus board. A player can call no more than 20% of their value before our pick (i.e. at pick 41, you can't expect a player to be there more than 8 spots (20% of 41 =~8) above that - consensus player 33 for example. If you really think someone is gonna fall, feel free to explain why in the pick. You can also reach all you want - but also make sure you explain.
2) You may project trades using the Rich Hill chart within reason.
Otherwise, have fun! Whoever gets the most likes at the end will be the winner! Your prize you ask? I'll buy ya a beer at the 2025 draft.

Consensus board:

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.25 - Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
I'm well aware of the weight anomaly this would provide in the data, however, this is exactly the kind of pick Gute likes in the first and I'm willing to take that same risk. High upside, young, and could still be an immediate contributor. I've watched the tape between Nate, KA, and DeJean. I can't seem to get over the KA vs. Xavier tape where Xavier is just running away with the TD. Also because of this "limited" (obviously still a tremendous athlete) athletic upside I have a high 2nd round on him. There will only be more WR's like Xavier in the NFL and I don't know that KA will be as effective on an island at the next level. Nate can. He's got the speed, and for all of the criticism of his tackling, I actually like what I see. He seems to be an aggressive tackler and not afraid to deliver a hit. I also like that he talks trash and seems to have that same kinda swagger that Ja has - I think they'd be a sick pair of CB's. As he fills out a bit more and adds weight that will only improve. Lastly, as was pointed out in another forum, Packers haven't drafted many top picks that were Top-30 visits. This would also fit the bill.
My alternative here is Tyler Guyton (which is probably what actually happens). There's a good chance Nate is gone by 25 with Indy, Jags, Phily, and Cowgirls.

2.41 - Edg Cooper, LB, TX A&M
Top-30 Visit and a commonly mocked guy to the pack. I love watching this guy play. To me he's the top LB by an entire round. I'm not a fan of Wilson mostly due to his injury history. I have already pointed out that Cooper's RAS is not too dissimilar from Quay's but I think Coop's pro-readiness is superior, so grabbing him 30 spots lower is a huge win for us. One concern I've heard is that he is too similar to Quay and would be another Will LB, but Russ pointed out that Nick Barnett had a similar profile (long ago) and came in and took over as a Mike with no issues. Shall history repeat? To me he's more exciting that Colson but if you miss on Coop and grab Colson later, I would be too upset.

2.58 - Jaden Hicks, S Washington State
I was Cole Bishop all the way but the more I watch this guys tape the more I like it. Consensus shows him in the 3rd and I would love to grab him at 88, but every year there are a few picks where the packers "reach" (i.e. have their board significantly different from consensus) and this could be on of em. I'm not sure how much influence Hafley will have but if he is true to his word about wanting an aggressive defense, this guy will need to be on it. Not only is he an enforcer on the inside but I see flashes of him being able to cover, redirect big TE's, and play sideline-to-sideline. He's almost a linebacker but a safety range. He's also only 21 yrs old.
Another option here would be a trade back a bit if we could get another 3rd or 4th, but for simplicity sake I'll keep it as is. I think the value is there.

3.88 - Kiran Amegadije, OT, Yale
I considered trading up for a Benson (I really like him as RB 1, but ultimately decided sacrificing the 4th wasn't worth it). Kiran is one of my draft crushes. He's right on the edge with his weight of historical draft picks but I think he's within range (considering the packers have met with Mims and Guyton I think we're fine with his weight). He was unable to complete testing due to a quad injury. He allowed 1 sack as a freshman at RG before switching to LT. He allowed no sacks at LT for 2022 and 2023 prior to his injury. His 36+" arms are rare, and perfect for a dominant tackle and he's been noted for his work ethic. He's obviously intelligent and I would assume capable of being coached on some of his technique deficiencies. To me, this guy has the tools and potential to be a top tier tackle but will need some time to develop - which we can afford him given our situation on the OL. So he can be a depth piece and develop in year one, which should be perfect for him to succeed.

3.91 - Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington
Whew, this was a hard one. There is a ton of guys I like right in this range but I ultimately had to go with the guy I think could have the most immediate impact. For the record, I don't think Gute would go back-to-back OL this early, but today I'm Gute, and I like the value. I think RR has the ability to be a day 1 starter (allowing Tom to kick inside where needed). In 2 years he allowed 0 sacks. He's only 21 years old and has a great RAS.
Other considerations/reasons not selected:
Dominick Puni/24 yrs old and RAS not as strong, more likely an interior guy
Austin Booker - I think this could be the Packers pick here. I have to imagine they feel more depth at Edge. I'm just not confident in the type of player profile Hafley will be looking for so I'm avoiding it for now.
Cole Bishop - Would love to double dip. I think Bishop is a free safety but would be a depth piece at this point for McKinney and there are other guys later we can target for depth.
Cedric Gray - Would love to have him with Cooper/Walker but again, would be a depth piece at this point.
Braelon Allen - Not sure if the Packers want to add more large body RB's or go with a change of pace, would likely compete for RB2 but not convinced of value here.

4.126 - Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
Right on the edge of my "20%" rule. The boards had a discussion about adding another TE/FB type and this is the guy. I also think he has plenty of downfield potential too. I would love to add this last piece to the TE room such that we have 3 super capable guys and I also think MLF loves having his TE room full again after going so long without it.

5.151 - Will Shipley, RB, Clemson (Trade up with IND 5.169 & 6.202)
Shipley is about as close to AJones athletically as you can find, possibly even a little better. He'll offer a little different style to Jacobs and Dillon. I also believe I heard in a scouting report somewhere that he's an aggressive pass blocker, which will of course be valued.

6.219 - Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
Ok, so I'm breaking my rules here by about 7%, so feel free to do the same. Things tend to get stretched this late in the draft. Top-30 visit and a great depth piece. I'd be unsurprised if the Packers take this guy in the 4th or 5th. We've talked plenty about him. Will spare you here

7.245 - Storm Duck, CB, Louisville
I haven't watched tape on this guy but his RAS is a 9.56 which tells me he's the perfect late round flyer that may have upside to be do something. Also he could bond with Ja about coming from Louisville, so that could be a good connection. I think someone else mentioned him because of his name so..here it is. I wanted late guys that can be groomed as potential started. Great size and athleticism for the spot, although he may be a purely outside guy as his agilities were meh, but his explosion was outstanding.

7.255 - Trente Jones, OL, Michigan
Likely an interior guy. He has played TR/LG and some LT, which matches the type of flexibility we like. He also has a respectable RAS and played at a top tier program. I expect he'd be a good depth piece and will be able to compete.
Other considerations: Ladarius Henderson / no testing data, injury?
Trevor Keegan - better RAS but has only started at LG, although demonstrating durability with 37 starts. A strong alternative.

This concludes the 2024 NFL draft.

Now that I've killed my entire morning, back to work.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.25. Cooper DeJean. S
2.41. Edgerrin Cooper LB
2.58 Max Melton CB
3.88. Michael Hall DT
3.91 Roger Rosengarten. OT
4.127 Ray Davis. RB
5.168 Brandon Coleman. OG
6.204 Curtis Jacobs. LB
6.216 Jordan McGee. LB
7.243 Garret Greenfield. OT
7.251 Omar Brown

Last edited:
OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of things started clicking midseason and I would say a lot more of that had to do with Love than Tucker. That said, I really like what I see from both TE's and the WR group. Couple that with Love and now Josh Jacobs and I get the excitement in Packerland!

So it's 20% of 25 is 5 and CDJ is at 20 so he counts, right
Yup. And if you're 1-2 spots off I wont yell.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.25. Cooper DeJean. DB
2.41. E. Cooper. LB
2.58. M. Melton. CB
3.88. J. Hicks. S
3.91. B. Fisher. OL
4.126. R. Rosengarten. OL
5.156. W. Shipley. Trade with CLV. They only have 5 picks and I assume mucho cap taken up with the Watson contract. They will be happy to get another rookie contract. 169 & 202 for 156
6.219. J. Hunt. E
7.245. K. Randolph. DT
7.255. N. Watson. LB

I will do 1 or 2 players a day. There should be more people to copy that way.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consensus board be damned....LOL

Staying Put:

1.25 - Chop Robinson - EDGE...not like any edge we have presently, Enagbare is hurt, Preston is getting to the point where he simply will have to see less snaps to continue to be of value....high positional value...to me it has to be him or Kool-Aid if strictly believe the consensus board is Gospel.

2.41 - Jaden Hicks - Safety....honestly I want my number one safety pairing to Xavier and Hicks is that just over Bishop who is just over Mustapha. Argue its early...I don't care. We have holes on the defensive side we need plugged and this is not just a plug but a starter.

2.58 - Roger Rosengarten - OT...again consensus board be damned...likely my favorite second round versatile pick (Jordan Morgan is gone...as he should be), RR is a dude I've loved all along and I think instantly makes the discussion of Tom to center no longer a discussion but a reality.

3.88 - Cedric Gray - LB...off ball linebacker who is extremely athletic and could be a steal in the third....little bit of a "too hot of burning engine" at times overrunning plays but his aggressive attacks also cause massively big plays.

3.91 - Cam Hart - CB...Hart is built different. 6'3' 202lb corner who has above average hips, will jam someone and has decent but not blazing speed (is a 4.5s guy) but his length and high pointing abilities pairs up well when facing bigger WRs or receiving threat type TEs.

4.126 - Malik Mustapha - S...a denser type safety build than Hicks but just as explosive. We instantly have an upgraded safety room with four types I would love to see Hafley find a rotation and use for (X, Hicks, Mustapha and Johnson Jr).

5.169 - Caeden Wallace - OT...consensus board has him again undervalued IMO. Caeden is VERY MUCH a Packer type. 34 inch arms, massive hands, over 9 RAS and under 320lbs. Between he and Rosengarten there is a real chance we have our new starting RG taking Rhyan's assumed starting job and right tackle freeing up Tom to complete our best five being our center....worst case between the two you have a highly athletic rookie who is going to be decent I feel at worst as a depth guy for a year.

6.202 - Jordan Magee - LB....zero reason for him to be this low...but playing the game brings him here at this point. One of the most high character, mature LBs in the draft....add in he is physically one of the most athletic and you have an excellent addition to the LB corps.

6.219 - Jalen Sundell - iOL....tackle and center in college...he is the body type Packers look to and his center experience make him a project depth guy that I and I bet Gute gravitate towards very strongly. Rounding out our third and final OL addition in the draft with a solid one albeit a bit more of a project than the other two.

7.245 - Jack Westover - TE/HBack...if Dillon doesn't fulfill the Deguara departure like has been hinted or if Dillon were to get hurt, I think Westover is a poor man's Sinnott type that will fulfill the role potentially.

7.255 Evan Anderson - DL...I've profiled him elsewhere but is one of my absolute favorite darkhorses for a guy in the trenches that is still transforming his body and has showcased high potential is there and just starting to show. His strength is his best well strength. Not a high twitchy type guy, but will plug holes and make plays between the tackles for a team. PS stache and likely replacement to Slaton would be the ceiling projection into 2025...or 2026 you'd hope.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't know if this would be "ideal." Too many variables. But I like the way it would attack both the needs and the value within this class:

1.25: Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

2.41: Marshawn Kneeland, DE, WMU

2.58: Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

3.88: Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky

3.91: Malik Mustapha, S, Wake Forest

4.124: Brandon Coleman, OL, TCU

5.169: Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB, Purdue

6.202: Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

6.219: Jordan Magee, LB, Temple

7.245: Kedon Slovis, QB, BYU

7.255: Akeem Dent, SAF, Florida State

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.25. Cooper DeJean. S
2.41. Edgerrin Cooper LB
2.58 Max Melton CB
3.88. Michael Hall DT
3.91 Roger Rosengarten. OT
4.127 Ray Davis. RB
5.168 Brandon Coleman. OG
6.204 Curtis Jacobs. LB
6.216 Jordan McGee. LB
7.243 Garret Greenfield. OT
7.251 Omar Brown
@AmishMafia Are you convinced Coop would come right in and start at S? Or do you think he'd be tried at CB first? I'm guessing the former since you go for Melton. I would likely agree with this.
Overall love the draft, especially the aggressive push on LB's. Greenfield is definitely a late round Packer.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@AmishMafia Are you convinced Coop would come right in and start at S? Or do you think he'd be tried at CB first? I'm guessing the former since you go for Melton. I would likely agree with this.
Overall love the draft, especially the aggressive push on LB's. Greenfield is definitely a late round Packer.
DeJean will be a better safety than a CB. His biggest value is his versatility. I envision Hafley using him in a hybrid role, playing back as a safety but coming up and playing man on some plays. Would be difficult to game plan against as the offense would not get any clues with personnel change if we are in base or a sub package.

Reaction score
1.25 Chop Robinson Edge

2.41 Edgerrin Cooper LB

2.58 Michael Hall DT

3.88 Cole Bishop Safety

3.91 Kiran Amegadjie OT

4.124 Renardo Green CB

5.169 Jaylan Ford LB

6.202 Tyrone Tracy Jr RB

6.219 Javion Cohen OG

7.245 Brevyn Span Ford TE
(Cheated just a hair on that 20% role :coffee:)
7.255 Dillon McMahon OC

Last edited:
OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2.41 - Jaden Hicks - Safety....honestly I want my number one safety pairing to Xavier and Hicks is that just over Bishop who is just over Mustapha. Argue its early...I don't care. We have holes on the defensive side we need plugged and this is not just a plug but a starter.
@tynimiller You and I feel the same about Hicks. Could you imagine a defense that adds DeJean/EdgeCoop/Hicks? Like...just the hitting force difference from past defenses we've had? I would probably have more fun watching the defense than offense that that point.
You will hear nothing negative from me if the packers take hicks or bishop at 41.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
#25 Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama
Kool-Aid starts opposite Jaire, I don't see Stokes getting 5th yr option, plus coming off 2 injury riddled seasons.

#41 Jordan Morgan OL Arizona
Morgan can play the left tackle position, but will see the field early on the interior

#58 Junior Colson LB Michigan
Colson will play the Mike letting Quay play Will, allowing him to play with his hair on fire. Colson is a great tackler, which this team could use a shot of.

#88 Blake Fisher OT Notre Dame
Fisher will eventually be the starting RT, allowing Tom to move to Center, or possibly Guard.

#91 Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S Texas Tech
Need to add to the Safety position, and DTD will help this team create turnovers. Over the last 3 seasons he had 10 int's along with 23 PBU's. He also accumulated 200+ tackles over those seasons.

#124 Trevin Wallace LB Kentucky
Wallace will add to the LB room, he isn’t the tallest, but he will thump some RB's and provide some competition with McDuffie.

#169 Khristian Boyd DL Northern Iowa
With Clark and Slayton both on their last contract year, Boyd adds a bigger body inside at DT. I think Wooden helps out with the injury to Enagbare, and plays more outside over inside.

#202 Kimani Vidal RB Troy
Vidal adds to the RB room, has good hands and was a workhorse the last 2 seasons. Needs to work on his pass blocking

#219 Jaylen Harrell ED Michigan
Harrell will be that situational pass rusher to spell the EDGE group. Had 6.5 sacks 9 TFL and 2 FF last season on the National Championship team at Michigan.

#245 Andrew Raym C Oklahoma
With Myers in his last season under contract, drafting an interior lineman who played mostly C, but has experience at G makes sense. Packers will draft Tackles and Centers with position versatility, and since I drafted two Tackles earlier, went with a C late.

#255 Trey Taylor S Air Force
Wanted to add another Safety, Taylor is a high RAS guy 9.33 He's 6'0" 210 lbs, had 6 Int's and 200+ tackles over last 3 seasons

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.25. Cooper DeJean. DB
2.41. E. Cooper. LB
2.58. M. Melton. CB
3.88. J. Hicks. S
3.91. B. Fisher. OL
4.126. R. Rosengarten. OL
5.156. W. Shipley. Trade with CLV. They only have 5 picks and I assume mucho cap taken up with the Watson contract. They will be happy to get another rookie contract. 169 & 202 for 156
6.219. J. Hunt. E
7.245. K. Randolph. DT
7.255. N. Watson. LB

I will do 1 or 2 players a day. There should be more people to copy that way.
My friend who was Gute for Halloween asked if I could put his draft up.
1. DeJean-S
2. Suamatala-OT
3. J. Colson- LB
4. J. Hicks- S
5. C. Hart- CB
6. T. Wallace- LB
7. TRADE 169 & 202 to CLV for 156. W. Shipley- RB
8. C. Wallace- OL
9. K. Randolph- DT
10. X. Thomas- E

Reaction score
@tynimiller You and I feel the same about Hicks. Could you imagine a defense that adds DeJean/EdgeCoop/Hicks? Like...just the hitting force difference from past defenses we've had? I would probably have more fun watching the defense than offense that that point.
You will hear nothing negative from me if the packers take hicks or bishop at 41.
Yes. It’s really helping having FIVE
Day-1-2 selections just from a draft strategy angle. We should have a really good opportunity to come away with some players who battle for early playing time. As seen above in multiple posters playing GM? There’s an array of draft approaches that all look formidable. It’s the mere # picks mixed with what I’d call a more mature (seasoned) draft class that will lead to more immediate help at several positions.

We’re seeing some more experienced or older College players and less college Juniors in this draft. I think I read it was the least # of underclassman in over a decade? While that might be a slight disadvantage for a players longevity, it’s a + for Players being schematically versed and more maturity in general. For teams in particular, like the Packers or Texans (teams in Win now mode or on the rise) having SIX Day3 selections to back up those 5 mentioned above gives us a great opportunity to repeat last years draft. IF that happens? Plus growth across a historically young Offense? I think we’ll pick right up where we left off in 2023 even including a slightly tougher schedule.

OP
OP
edensmage

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consensus board be damned....LOL

Staying Put:

1.25 - Chop Robinson - EDGE...not like any edge we have presently, Enagbare is hurt, Preston is getting to the point where he simply will have to see less snaps to continue to be of value....high positional value...to me it has to be him or Kool-Aid if strictly believe the consensus board is Gospel.

2.58 - Roger Rosengarten - OT...again consensus board be damned...likely my favorite second round versatile pick (Jordan Morgan is gone...as he should be), RR is a dude I've loved all along and I think instantly makes the discussion of Tom to center no longer a discussion but a reality.

3.88 - Cedric Gray - LB...off ball linebacker who is extremely athletic and could be a steal in the third....little bit of a "too hot of burning engine" at times overrunning plays but his aggressive attacks also cause massively big plays.

3.91 - Cam Hart - CB...Hart is built different. 6'3' 202lb corner who has above average hips, will jam someone and has decent but not blazing speed (is a 4.5s guy) but his length and high pointing abilities pairs up well when facing bigger WRs or receiving threat type TEs.

4.126 - Malik Mustapha - S...a denser type safety build than Hicks but just as explosive. We instantly have an upgraded safety room with four types I would love to see Hafley find a rotation and use for (X, Hicks, Mustapha and Johnson Jr).

5.169 - Caeden Wallace - OT...consensus board has him again undervalued IMO. Caeden is VERY MUCH a Packer type. 34 inch arms, massive hands, over 9 RAS and under 320lbs. Between he and Rosengarten there is a real chance we have our new starting RG taking Rhyan's assumed starting job and right tackle freeing up Tom to complete our best five being our center....worst case between the two you have a highly athletic rookie who is going to be decent I feel at worst as a depth guy for a year.

6.202 - Jordan Magee - LB....zero reason for him to be this low...but playing the game brings him here at this point. One of the most high character, mature LBs in the draft....add in he is physically one of the most athletic and you have an excellent addition to the LB corps.

6.219 - Jalen Sundell - iOL....tackle and center in college...he is the body type Packers look to and his center experience make him a project depth guy that I and I bet Gute gravitate towards very strongly. Rounding out our third and final OL addition in the draft with a solid one albeit a bit more of a project than the other two.

7.245 - Jack Westover - TE/HBack...if Dillon doesn't fulfill the Deguara departure like has been hinted or if Dillon were to get hurt, I think Westover is a poor man's Sinnott type that will fulfill the role potentially.

7.255 Evan Anderson - DL...I've profiled him elsewhere but is one of my absolute favorite darkhorses for a guy in the trenches that is still transforming his body and has showcased high potential is there and just starting to show. His strength is his best well strength. Not a high twitchy type guy, but will plug holes and make plays between the tackles for a team. PS stache and likely replacement to Slaton would be the ceiling projection into 2025...or 2026 you'd hope.
This is probably my favorite. I'm not huge on Chop but I can't argue with it either. I know they like edge players in the first and we also need depth there, if not rotational starters. I would hate to miss on EdgeCoop but I'll forgive you since you got Gray. 100% agree with Magee and Sundell.
I love the double dip early with safety.
I'll give this one my vote

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.25 - Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
I'm well aware of the weight anomaly this would provide in the data, however, this is exactly the kind of pick Gute likes in the first and I'm willing to take that same risk. High upside, young, and could still be an immediate contributor. I've watched the tape between Nate, KA, and DeJean. I can't seem to get over the KA vs. Xavier tape where Xavier is just running away with the TD. Also because of this "limited" (obviously still a tremendous athlete) athletic upside I have a high 2nd round on him. There will only be more WR's like Xavier in the NFL and I don't know that KA will be as effective on an island at the next level. Nate can. He's got the speed, and for all of the criticism of his tackling, I actually like what I see. He seems to be an aggressive tackler and not afraid to deliver a hit. I also like that he talks trash and seems to have that same kinda swagger that Ja has - I think they'd be a sick pair of CB's. As he fills out a bit more and adds weight that will only improve. Lastly, as was pointed out in another forum, Packers haven't drafted many top picks that were Top-30 visits. This would also fit the bill.
My alternative here is Tyler Guyton (which is probably what actually happens). There's a good chance Nate is gone by 25 with Indy, Jags, Phily, and Cowgirls.

2.41 - Edg Cooper, LB, TX A&M
Top-30 Visit and a commonly mocked guy to the pack. I love watching this guy play. To me he's the top LB by an entire round. I'm not a fan of Wilson mostly due to his injury history. I have already pointed out that Cooper's RAS is not too dissimilar from Quay's but I think Coop's pro-readiness is superior, so grabbing him 30 spots lower is a huge win for us. One concern I've heard is that he is too similar to Quay and would be another Will LB, but Russ pointed out that Nick Barnett had a similar profile (long ago) and came in and took over as a Mike with no issues. Shall history repeat? To me he's more exciting that Colson but if you miss on Coop and grab Colson later, I would be too upset.

2.58 - Jaden Hicks, S Washington State
I was Cole Bishop all the way but the more I watch this guys tape the more I like it. Consensus shows him in the 3rd and I would love to grab him at 88, but every year there are a few picks where the packers "reach" (i.e. have their board significantly different from consensus) and this could be on of em. I'm not sure how much influence Hafley will have but if he is true to his word about wanting an aggressive defense, this guy will need to be on it. Not only is he an enforcer on the inside but I see flashes of him being able to cover, redirect big TE's, and play sideline-to-sideline. He's almost a linebacker but a safety range. He's also only 21 yrs old.
Another option here would be a trade back a bit if we could get another 3rd or 4th, but for simplicity sake I'll keep it as is. I think the value is there.

3.88 - Kiran Amegadije, OT, Yale
I considered trading up for a Benson (I really like him as RB 1, but ultimately decided sacrificing the 4th wasn't worth it). Kiran is one of my draft crushes. He's right on the edge with his weight of historical draft picks but I think he's within range (considering the packers have met with Mims and Guyton I think we're fine with his weight). He was unable to complete testing due to a quad injury. He allowed 1 sack as a freshman at RG before switching to LT. He allowed no sacks at LT for 2022 and 2023 prior to his injury. His 36+" arms are rare, and perfect for a dominant tackle and he's been noted for his work ethic. He's obviously intelligent and I would assume capable of being coached on some of his technique deficiencies. To me, this guy has the tools and potential to be a top tier tackle but will need some time to develop - which we can afford him given our situation on the OL. So he can be a depth piece and develop in year one, which should be perfect for him to succeed.

3.91 - Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington
Whew, this was a hard one. There is a ton of guys I like right in this range but I ultimately had to go with the guy I think could have the most immediate impact. For the record, I don't think Gute would go back-to-back OL this early, but today I'm Gute, and I like the value. I think RR has the ability to be a day 1 starter (allowing Tom to kick inside where needed). In 2 years he allowed 0 sacks. He's only 21 years old and has a great RAS.
Other considerations/reasons not selected:
Dominick Puni/24 yrs old and RAS not as strong, more likely an interior guy
Austin Booker - I think this could be the Packers pick here. I have to imagine they feel more depth at Edge. I'm just not confident in the type of player profile Hafley will be looking for so I'm avoiding it for now.
Cole Bishop - Would love to double dip. I think Bishop is a free safety but would be a depth piece at this point for McKinney and there are other guys later we can target for depth.
Cedric Gray - Would love to have him with Cooper/Walker but again, would be a depth piece at this point.
Braelon Allen - Not sure if the Packers want to add more large body RB's or go with a change of pace, would likely compete for RB2 but not convinced of value here.

4.126 - Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
Right on the edge of my "20%" rule. The boards had a discussion about adding another TE/FB type and this is the guy. I also think he has plenty of downfield potential too. I would love to add this last piece to the TE room such that we have 3 super capable guys and I also think MLF loves having his TE room full again after going so long without it.

5.151 - Will Shipley, RB, Clemson (Trade up with IND 5.169 & 6.202)
Shipley is about as close to AJones athletically as you can find, possibly even a little better. He'll offer a little different style to Jacobs and Dillon. I also believe I heard in a scouting report somewhere that he's an aggressive pass blocker, which will of course be valued.

6.219 - Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
Ok, so I'm breaking my rules here by about 7%, so feel free to do the same. Things tend to get stretched this late in the draft. Top-30 visit and a great depth piece. I'd be unsurprised if the Packers take this guy in the 4th or 5th. We've talked plenty about him. Will spare you here

7.245 - Storm Duck, CB, Louisville
I haven't watched tape on this guy but his RAS is a 9.56 which tells me he's the perfect late round flyer that may have upside to be do something. Also he could bond with Ja about coming from Louisville, so that could be a good connection. I think someone else mentioned him because of his name so..here it is. I wanted late guys that can be groomed as potential started. Great size and athleticism for the spot, although he may be a purely outside guy as his agilities were meh, but his explosion was outstanding.

7.255 - Trente Jones, OL, Michigan
Likely an interior guy. He has played TR/LG and some LT, which matches the type of flexibility we like. He also has a respectable RAS and played at a top tier program. I expect he'd be a good depth piece and will be able to compete.
Other considerations: Ladarius Henderson / no testing data, injury?
Trevor Keegan - better RAS but has only started at LG, although demonstrating durability with 37 starts. A strong alternative.

This concludes the 2024 NFL draft.

Now that I've killed my entire morning, back to work.
I like alot of what you did here, I would just put Nubin at the top of this draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like alot of what you did here, I would just put Nubin at the top of this draft.
Nubin is quite the enigma. May end up in round 3 based on athletic profile, but played like a round 1 pick.

Will his limited athleticism be exposed in the pros? Instincts and smarts only goes so far to compensate. Unless we think he is faster than he tests, i lean toward passing on him day 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts