Bucks 24-25 Season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Trying to clean things up a bit, since our "Bucks chatter" seems to get caught up in threads who's titles are outdated.

Well this recent news, if true, might put a wrench in any plans to trade Dame and/or Giannis. Not that it can't still happen, but I think the 2 of them know that if they are together in Milwaukee next season, the chemistry needs to get better.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Better? It frequently seemed to me that if Giannis was out for an injury and/or R&R, that Lillard was gonna get out too. On the flip side, I could just be butt hurt that Holliday was traded too.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Better? It frequently seemed to me that if Giannis was out for an injury and/or R&R, that Lillard was gonna get out too. On the flip side, I could just be butt hurt that Holliday was traded too.
Resting starters during an 82 game season is the standard now. I think I remember reading that starters once averaged about 18 games off during the long NBA season. Then the league inserted a "65 Day Rule". The rule states that " A player must participate in at least 65 games to be eligible for the MVP award, All-NBA teams and other honors." Sounds like there has been nothing but negative feedback on this new rule. Teams already were obligated to play healthy starters for Nationally televised games or face being fined. I read through these new rules and can't help but think that the season is too long and the NBA should just make it a 65 game season. That will never happen though, too much lost revenue.

What are the new NBA rest rules for 2023-24?​

These are the five rules teams and players must abide by:

• Only one star player is permitted to rest for one game
  • Star players must be available for national TV and in-season tournament games
  • Teams must balance between the number of one-game absences for a star player in home games and road games, with a preference for the former
  • Teams must abstain from long-term shutdowns or a possibility of one when a star player stops playing or plays in a markedly reduced role in situations that could affect the game's integrity
  • Healthy players resting for a game must be present and visible to fans

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Bucks ownership has given Horst another year to work on destruction of the franchise. I heard Lillard's "dedication to next year," knowing full well he's saying that after this coming year, he can give the Bucks the finger, and go anywhere he wants, because it's his choice.

Rest assured, Giannis is going to ask to be traded after the coming season, and a lot of the surrounding players on the team today, that fans really want to see stay, are going to be gone, with what is going to be a desperate attempt for Horst to save face. Doc Rivers, on the other hand, is securing in knowing that he has 3 more years left on a guaranteed contract, and no matter how poorly the management is above him, he's going to be paid quite well. It's probably going to be his last job, as he'll go into retirement with more money than he'll ever be able to spend.

So.... there it is..... the future of the Bucks, in my opinion. In fact, I doubt if the fans in Milwaukee will even have a team when the year 2031 rolls around. The lease between the Bucks and the community? The Bucks pay $1 mill a year plus an escalation clause of about 2% per year on the 30 year lease. If they decide to move, they can still pay the lease money and not play there, from what I understand, because the balance of revenue that the city/county/state would get is based on added value of tickets, sales tax, etc. None of it is guaranteed in any way nor form.

I keep thinking about how Columbus, Ohio wants an NBA team, and so does several other areas with huge increases in population. Unless the Bucks turn this around, kiss them goodbye, just like they did the Braves.

I hate thinking any of this, because I'm one of the original supporters, who spent the money for season tickets over those first few years while they struggled to make it into the black. I have a vested interest in their success, because I went from being a Minneapolis Lakers fan, who went over 100 miles by bus as a teenager to watch games in Minneapolis in the early 50s, and was disappointed, but still a Lakers fan when they went to LA. I even tried to become a Bulls fan, before the Bucks came into existence, by going to a Lakers/Bulls game in Milwaukee, and even though it was Bulls country, I still walked away a Lakers fan. But, when the Bucks came into existence, I had season tickets before their first game, and would do it again. I think what's happening is a travesty.

But, that's just my opinion, even though everything that has happened is what I predicted. I just hope I'm wrong.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I see the Bucks ownership has given Horst another year to work on destruction of the franchise. I heard Lillard's "dedication to next year," knowing full well he's saying that after this coming year, he can give the Bucks the finger, and go anywhere he wants, because it's his choice.

Rest assured, Giannis is going to ask to be traded after the coming season, and a lot of the surrounding players on the team today, that fans really want to see stay, are going to be gone, with what is going to be a desperate attempt for Horst to save face. Doc Rivers, on the other hand, is securing in knowing that he has 3 more years left on a guaranteed contract, and no matter how poorly the management is above him, he's going to be paid quite well. It's probably going to be his last job, as he'll go into retirement with more money than he'll ever be able to spend.

So.... there it is..... the future of the Bucks, in my opinion. In fact, I doubt if the fans in Milwaukee will even have a team when the year 2031 rolls around. The lease between the Bucks and the community? The Bucks pay $1 mill a year plus an escalation clause of about 2% per year on the 30 year lease. If they decide to move, they can still pay the lease money and not play there, from what I understand, because the balance of revenue that the city/county/state would get is based on added value of tickets, sales tax, etc. None of it is guaranteed in any way nor form.

I keep thinking about how Columbus, Ohio wants an NBA team, and so does several other areas with huge increases in population. Unless the Bucks turn this around, kiss them goodbye, just like they did the Braves.

I hate thinking any of this, because I'm one of the original supporters, who spent the money for season tickets over those first few years while they struggled to make it into the black. I have a vested interest in their success, because I went from being a Minneapolis Lakers fan, who went over 100 miles by bus as a teenager to watch games in Minneapolis in the early 50s, and was disappointed, but still a Lakers fan when they went to LA. I even tried to become a Bulls fan, before the Bucks came into existence, by going to a Lakers/Bulls game in Milwaukee, and even though it was Bulls country, I still walked away a Lakers fan. But, when the Bucks came into existence, I had season tickets before their first game, and would do it again. I think what's happening is a travesty.

But, that's just my opinion, even though everything that has happened is what I predicted. I just hope I'm wrong.
I stopped going to Bucks games a few years ago. Not because they weren't winning, but I just didn't really enjoy the experience enough to warrant the cash and time outlay. Nothing like wasting a half a day and $200+ to get to your seat, to see Giannis in street clothes or a tired Bucks team that phones in their performance that day, during an absolute meaningless game. Throw in the crap *** blasted "music" that is almost constantly pounding your eardrums from start to finish and I just don't get the appeal.

I think part of my enjoyment of the Packers is that each game seems to "count" or at least seems to be much more important than a Basketball or baseball game. If the Bucks Franchise crashes and burns in Milwaukee and moves, I won't really notice that much. I can't remember the last time I even watched an NBA game, that didn't involve the Bucks. If they leave, I doubt I ever watch another NBA game. That won't bother the NBA at all, just like the NFL, they print their own money and owners winning is measured in $$, not records.