Bucks v. Pacers

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said. If they didn't break it down now the following things would happen.l

1. They'd have to pay a luxury tax of anywhere from $65 million up to $75 or $80 million in luxury tax for keeping the team together.
2. They're going to lose Crowder, Beasley, and Beverley for openers. None of the three will be affordable, consider cap restraints.
3. They will only be able to bring in minimum salary players. Nobody who has any relative value can be added to the team, despite losses.
4. Next year is Lillard's last year under contract. He walks away, a free agent, and the Bucks would get nothing.
5. Age. Take a look at the age of all the players the Bucks would rely on during the upcoming season. It's an old age team for the NBA.
6. Giannis only has 2 years left that he has to stay in Milwaukee. He can opt out in two-years, and the Bucks would get squat.

Not one thing points towards this team making a run at a championship next year. Making matters worse, with no draft picks for years, the only hope the Bucks have of even fielding a team that's not competitive is to regain draft picks by trading the best players on the team to get at least something in return. If they don't, it's going to be a 20-30 win team for the next decade.

Like I said. If they didn't break it down now the following things would happen.l

1. They'd have to pay a luxury tax of anywhere from $65 million up to $75 or $80 million in luxury tax for keeping the team together.
2. They're going to lose Crowder, Beasley, and Beverley for openers. None of the three will be affordable, consider cap restraints.
3. They will only be able to bring in minimum salary players. Nobody who has any relative value can be added to the team, despite losses.
4. Next year is Lillard's last year under contract. He walks away, a free agent, and the Bucks would get nothing.
5. Age. Take a look at the age of all the players the Bucks would rely on during the upcoming season. It's an old age team for the NBA.
6. Giannis only has 2 years left that he has to stay in Milwaukee. He can opt out in two-years, and the Bucks would get squat.

Not one thing points towards this team making a run at a championship next year. Making matters worse, with no draft picks for years, the only hope the Bucks have of even fielding a team that's not competitive is to regain draft picks by trading the best players on the team to get at least something in return. If they don't, it's going to be a 20-30 win team for the next decade.

The Bucks will bring back the starters from this team, along with Rivers, give them a full offseason to prepare, and make another run at a title, or past the first round of the playoffs..... Rebuilding the team now makes no sense. And while a title is a long shot, the entire fan base would go away if they overreacted and tore this team down.

They do need to find better bench players, and good luck with that. The team certainly is old, even Giannis is turning 30. They get another chance to make things right. I'm a fan, and I wish them the best.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said a year ago, the Bucks are hopelessly old with no draft picks. The Giannis era is as good as done. They won't get much for the old guys like Middleton but trading Lillard can hopefully still net them a 1rst round pick given his contract situation. It's also time to trade Giannis for at least two first rounders and a good young player. I'd keep whatever young talent the Bucks have under 27 years old and add the 3 draft picks and a good young player in the Giannis trade.

The Bucks need to start the rebuilding process now. Will they? Nope. They'll settle for mediocrity and early exits from the playoffs rather than bite the bullet. Trading away Lillard and Giannis is the only avenue to becoming competitive team again years down the road.

It's only going to get worse if they continue on the present course of trotting out a geriatric roster that can't cover the perimeter. Let's face it, the Bucks are finished.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said a year ago, the Bucks are hopelessly old with no draft picks. The Giannis era is as good as done. They won't get much for the old guys like Middleton but trading Lillard can hopefully still net them a 1rst round pick given his contract situation. It's also time to trade Giannis for at least two first rounders and a good young player. I'd keep whatever young talent the Bucks have under 27 years old and add the 3 draft picks and a good young player in the Giannis trade.

The Bucks need to start the rebuilding process now. Will they? Nope. They'll settle for mediocrity and early exits from the playoffs rather than bite the bullet. Trading away Lillard and Giannis is the only avenue to becoming competitive team again years down the road.

It's only going to get worse if they continue on the present course of trotting out a geriatric roster that can't cover the perimeter. Let's face it, the Bucks are finished.
Yup! Over the last two years, they traded themselves out of contention, and the owners are paying the 3rd highest luxury tax in the league. No way they should want to keep going in this direction. If they do, they could play their games in a phone booth, for all the attendance they'll have if they end up a bottom feeder without picks.