Badgers to host Purdue on 2-4-24

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really for all the marbles in the Big 10. If the Badgers do beat Purdue, it will give them a two game lead based on record, and if they end up tied in losses at the end of the year, the Badgers win because they'd have won Sunday's game in Madison. It also would give them the #1 seed in the Big 10 tournament, and Purdue would have to go through heavy hitters to make it to the finals, where the Badgers would be waiting for them.

When it comes to the NCAA tournament, it could also end up with the Badgers being a #1 seed, although remote. If they were, they'd probably be in the Midwest region, which would make it easier for Badger fans to attend games, and we know they can be a game changer.

Regardless, win out for the rest of the year, and they'd at least be a #2 seed, and with that, would have a strong chance of being #2 in the Midwest also.

It's been fun watching how they keep getting better, and listening the experts, who thought they were the #10 team in the Big 10 are reacting. Some of them are even saying that the Badgers are beginning to look like a solid Final Four team. What a difference from what was said early in the year.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Badgers played pretty well against Purdue. For Purdue, it was probably their best played game of the year. The Badgers did neutralize a lot of Edey's scoring, but other Boilermakers stepped up and made amazing shots, many contested pretty darned well. Luck doesn't hurt, and they got that too.

I'm still trying to figure out why the officials aren't calling fouls on Edey, when he belly bumps players out of the way to get shots, and rebounds. Sometimes he hits them hard enough to send them flying, and almost always it's "play on."

I was totally impressed with Tyler Wahl's game. He was scoring inside, against Edey. So was A.J. Storr. I hate seeing Wahl go after this year, and I fear Storr is going to see he has a shot at the NBA, and might opt to go that route too.

Let's hope someone comes up with a boatload of NIL cash to keep Storr around for another year. Next year could be the real year of the Badger on the calendar.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Badgers played pretty well against Purdue. For Purdue, it was probably their best played game of the year. The Badgers did neutralize a lot of Edey's scoring, but other Boilermakers stepped up and made amazing shots, many contested pretty darned well. Luck doesn't hurt, and they got that too.

I'm still trying to figure out why the officials aren't calling fouls on Edey, when he belly bumps players out of the way to get shots, and rebounds. Sometimes he hits them hard enough to send them flying, and almost always it's "play on."

I was totally impressed with Tyler Wahl's game. He was scoring inside, against Edey. So was A.J. Storr. I hate seeing Wahl go after this year, and I fear Storr is going to see he has a shot at the NBA, and might opt to go that route too.

Let's hope someone comes up with a boatload of NIL cash to keep Storr around for another year. Next year could be the real year of the Badger on the calendar.
Yes, they did play pretty well considering they had to try to get around that mountain of a kid in Edey. IMO what killed Bucky was their inability to score from outside the paint.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, they did play pretty well considering they had to try to get around that mountain of a kid in Edey. IMO what killed Bucky was their inability to score from outside the paint.
No doubt about it, they totally misfired outside the ring, going 3-19. They were also out rebounded by a huge margin. They either held their own, or beat Purdue in every other category.

If just two of those 3s would have dropped, it would have been OT. One more, and the Badgers win. That's why I feel that if they play again in the Big 10 tournament, the Badgers could beat them. The cold night outside the arc killed them. I don't know how many times during the second half, that a missed 3 kept them from tying, or putting them ahead.

I also think that if they play them in the tourney, and you get different officials, they might be quiet as tolerant with Eady's belly bumps to move guys out of the way. They even call that in the NBA for crying out loud.

Members online

Latest posts