Badger buckets 2023-2024

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Wisconsin had the 3rd ranked Marquette to brag a little bit on. The Badgers waltz in and quite honestly, kicked their a** and took their lunch money today.

We seem to have a knack for eating our own young, don't we? :roflmao: :roflmao:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What has happened with Essegian? I've noticed he's only playing 7-10 minutes a game.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Arizona brought the Badgers back to earth ... still, I like this team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Looks like AJ Storr is "Declaring for the Draft, while maintaining his College eligibility." Which means he can hire an agent, go through some of the pre-draft processes, find out where he is at and by 5 p.m. (Eastern) on June 16 he has to withdraw from the draft or move forward to life after NCAA Basketball.

Personally, I think it's a big mistake for the young man. He is nowhere near where he needs to be to make it in the NBA. Someone will sign him and he will either get lost in the G League or somewhere over in Europe. Go back to school, hopefully Wisconsin, learn how to play defense, how to pass and how to be a team player.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hunch Storr will get enough money from a source in NIL that it will exceed his offer in the NBA, so he'll stay another year to improve his ranking. I think it would improve his payday considerably if he did it.

The only question is whether or not he really wants to return to Madison. He has a lot to think about. I hope he does come back. He's a real breath of fresh air out there. Someone who can hoop.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have a hunch Storr will get enough money from a source in NIL that it will exceed his offer in the NBA, so he'll stay another year to improve his ranking. I think it would improve his payday considerably if he did it.

The only question is whether or not he really wants to return to Madison. He has a lot to think about. I hope he does come back. He's a real breath of fresh air out there. Someone who can hoop.
I don't think he will be playing for The Badgers next year. If he decides to opt out of the draft, he'll TP to the highest bidder, with the best team.

At times I was impressed with the kid, but for every great thing he would do, he'd do something stupid. Would love to know his "pass the ball to shoot the ball" ratio. He seemed to take too many bad shots, instead of looking for a teammate.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will be playing for The Badgers next year. If he decides to opt out of the draft, he'll TP to the highest bidder, with the best team.

At times I was impressed with the kid, but for every great thing he would do, he'd do something stupid. Would love to know his "pass the ball to shoot the ball" ratio. He seemed to take too many bad shots, instead of looking for a teammate.
I can't disagree on the shot selection, but one of the problems is how Gard has them rotating on the floor. There isn't rotation to spots that will be vacated by the defense when double teams take place. It's like they don't plan on drawing the double on a drive, so there's no movement. In the end, Storr has to put the shot up. Nobody else is working to get open.

I think you're right about Storr hitting the portal if he decides to hold out a year for the NBA. Like I said, someone will find the NIL money to have him play a year for them. I doubt that will be in Madison, because he's too good to play in the 1920s offense Gard uses. A better location would give him a lot more growth.

I don't think the portal losses are done yet either. That's why Gard is working on getting people in. But, he's going to lose what is arguably his best recruiter in Krabbenhoft, who is going somewhere as a head coach. I hear he's being considered for Southern Illinois University as one spot. Losing him, and Gard loses everything he has working for him. He's going to be toast.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't disagree on the shot selection, but one of the problems is how Gard has them rotating on the floor. There isn't rotation to spots that will be vacated by the defense when double teams take place. It's like they don't plan on drawing the double on a drive, so there's no movement. In the end, Storr has to put the shot up. Nobody else is working to get open.
I didn't get to see many Badger games his year, but my impression was there really wasn't much of a strategy to their movement. It almost reminded of my high school days where the plan was to just keep rotating until the other team got confused - then take advantage to get a clean shot off. I kept thinking, "ok, great, here we go, there's a lot of open floor there", but nobody seemed ready to step into it.

It was frustrating to watch. The players sometimes seemed frustrated as well. I kept waiting for someting to develop that just wasn't there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I didn't get to see many Badger games his year, but my impression was there really wasn't much of a strategy to their movement. It almost reminded of my high school days where the plan was to just keep rotating until the other team got confused - then take advantage to get a clean shot off. I kept thinking, "ok, great, here we go, there's a lot of open floor there", but nobody seemed ready to step into it.

It was frustrating to watch. The players sometimes seemed frustrated as well. I kept waiting for someting to develop that just wasn't there.
I have to admit, I only watched a handful of Badger Basketball games this year, from start to finish. Call it bad karma, mojo, juju or whatever, but it seemed like every time I tuned in, they looked terrible and got beat. Then I wouldn't watch the next several games and I noticed they were winning. Needless to say, I watched the whole JMU game and feel bad that by doing so, they lost. :coffee:

For years now Badger Basketball has always depended on low to medium grade recruits, stepping up as a team and playing way above their expected level. Not sure how they have been so good all these years, has to be coaching. Individually, I haven't seen many future NBA stars on Badger teams. Even guys like Sam Dekker and Frank the Tank fizzled in the NBA. I never saw the talent in Dekker that some did. I see Sam has carved out a decent career in the BBL and married the daughter of Kevin Harlan (announcer), who is the son of Bob Harlan (President/CEO of The Packers for 19 years).

Anyway, kind of like the Football team, until they can start attracting top players, they may be floundering in that "just above mediocrity" for a long time. Personally, I don't think Gard is nearly as good of a coach as Bo Ryan was.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yalden gone via portal. He won't be missed. I knew he was out of there. Dumba$$ didn't get it. You don't get caught under aged drinking, then follow it up by getting caught in the dorm with pot if you want to play ball at Wisconsin.

The kid has a lot growing up to do. He needs to learn self control. I wonder how it's going to go for him in his next stop.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yalden gone via portal. He won't be missed. I knew he was out of there. Dumba$$ didn't get it. You don't get caught under aged drinking, then follow it up by getting caught in the dorm with pot if you want to play ball at Wisconsin.

The kid has a lot growing up to do. He needs to learn self control. I wonder how it's going to go for him in his next stop.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts