2024 Draft Prospect Discussions

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a breakdown of the last time the Packers drafted a player in the 1st Rd at each position, plus the last time and who was drafted in any Rd. Pretty interesting on the offensive side of the ball.
Very interesting, thanks. It's weird - the Packers in general have done a v good job of draft and development for the O line. Ironic then that a lone first rounder (Sherrod) was a bust.

One question - the chart shows Rasheed Walker drafted in 2022. I thought last year was his rookie year??? I may have that wrong and last year was the first time he saw significant playing time. Can you verify? Thx.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Very interesting, thanks. It's weird - the Packers in general have done a v good job of draft and development for the O line. Ironic then that a lone first rounder (Sherrod) was a bust.

One question - the chart shows Rasheed Walker drafted in 2022. I thought last year was his rookie year??? I may have that wrong and last year was the first time he saw significant playing time. Can you verify? Thx.
No, that is correct. Rhyan, Tom, and Walker were all drafted in 2022.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got invited to Tanor Bortolini’s draft party! For some reason I am thinking that he will be drafted by the Cowboys.
I like Tanor. I'm hoping that he's available when the Packers pick in the 3rd round at #88 & #91. I'd snap him up in a heartbeat, because I think he has the makings of a solid NFL player. From what I've heard, he's worked ******* getting his long snaps down, and that's the key for him, in my book. The rest of what's needed is already there. I like how he battled through at Wisconsin, and proved to everyone he belonged on the field. To me, he's a real Packer type player, because of his determination and drive to improve his game. He doesn't rest on his latest accomplishments. He's always seemed to be aware that getting better at your job all the time is what produces results.

As I said, I hope he's there, but I doubt that will be the case. He's probably going to go a lot earlier, and it will be the Packers loss. But I do know that no matter where he goes, I'll be a fan of his to succeed. I like what he's done through sweat and perseverance. Wish him well for all of us.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Tanor. I'm hoping that he's available when the Packers pick in the 3rd round at #88 & #91. I'd snap him up in a heartbeat, because I think he has the makings of a solid NFL player. From what I've heard, he's worked ******* getting his long snaps down, and that's the key for him, in my book. The rest of what's needed is already there. I like how he battled through at Wisconsin, and proved to everyone he belonged on the field. To me, he's a real Packer type player, because of his determination and drive to improve his game. He doesn't rest on his latest accomplishments. He's always seemed to be aware that getting better at your job all the time is what produces results.

As I said, I hope he's there, but I doubt that will be the case. He's probably going to go a lot earlier, and it will be the Packers loss. But I do know that no matter where he goes, I'll be a fan of his to succeed. I like what he's done through sweat and perseverance. Wish him well for all of us.
Thank you, I will.
It’s funny looking back and watching how this kid just grew. We always got together for Thanksgiving. His dad was a hell of a fast pitch softball player. Good family, mom played college basketball!
Yeah, his shotgun snapping has greatly improved last year. It was definitely his weakness.

Reaction score
Predominantly Defense in Rd1.
Also I noticed the last 2 drafts where we drafted 2 Day1’s? were all 4 Defensive players. We just have displayed what we Value early. It’s hard to say but I would think they would want to supply a first year DC with a few premier players. Im guessing 2 of top 3 and 3 of the top 5 go Defense.
I could see us doing a triple OL selection, after all, we just sent Bak and Runyon packing. Plus as mentioned we have our OC in a contract year and Josh never held up to that 2nd Round draft grade.
I see us drafting at minimum two OL and possibly three, although my guess is two OL will get added in Day 3.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you, I will.
It’s funny looking back and watching how this kid just grew. We always got together for Thanksgiving. His dad was a hell of a fast pitch softball player. Good family, mom played college basketball!
Yeah, his shotgun snapping has greatly improved last year. It was definitely his weakness.
I've enjoyed seeing your updates on his prospects, and I appreciate how excited you and the fanily are. If he's still available at the right price point, my sentimental side would be delighted to see him get Packered. He sounds like a "Packer guy" all the way.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've enjoyed seeing your updates on his prospects, and I appreciate how excited you and the fanily are. If he's still available at the right price point, my sentimental side would be delighted to see him get Packered. He sounds like a "Packer guy" all the way.
His mom said that he was working hard with Duke Mayweather down in Texas on getting the snap down. At the combine it became a non issue. He put a lot of work down in Texas before the combine and had a pretty nice RAS score that opened up many eyes. Was nice to see.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tanor to me has a freaking awesome foundation of a future iOL. I don’t know if he washes out as a guard or a center but I envision worst case for Tanor is a career as the first man up along an interior for a team. I think some team will draft him as their center of the now, but I think a perfect scenario would be a draft and plan is 2025 season to be his.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His mom said that he was working hard with Duke Mayweather down in Texas on getting the snap down. At the combine it became a non issue. He put a lot of work down in Texas before the combine and had a pretty nice RAS score that opened up many eyes. Was nice to see.
If he went to Duke's program in Frisco, he's got a great start on the road to an amazing NFL career. Duke is the best darned offensive line coach and guru in the country. I live in Texas, and spend half my year in the Austin area, and his name is synonymous with becoming the best you can be. When they say that in Texas football, at the high school, and college level, you know they're calling it like it is. Tanor working with Duke is a huge plus. It's helped some of the best be their best.

It's like I heard one pretty darned good Texas high school coach say to a friend, while we were talking. "I wish I could get Mayweather down here to coach my offensive line for just a week. I'd have the best d*****d team in all of Texas." This is a coach who has won several state championships.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he went to Duke's program in Frisco, he's got a great start on the road to an amazing NFL career. Duke is the best darned offensive line coach and guru in the country. I live in Texas, and spend half my year in the Austin area, and his name is synonymous with becoming the best you can be. When they say that in Texas football, at the high school, and college level, you know they're calling it like it is. Tanor working with Duke is a huge plus. It's helped some of the best be their best.

It's like I heard one pretty darned good Texas high school coach say to a friend, while we were talking. "I wish I could get Mayweather down here to coach my offensive line for just a week. I'd have the best d*****d team in all of Texas." This is a coach who has won several state championships.
Great info., I texted his mom and she said that he is up to 308. I think he was 302 at the combine. Not to get too hooked up on numbers , but that weight is pretty good center weight especially if he retains his quickness.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great info., I texted his mom and she said that he is up to 308. I think he was 302 at the combine. Not to get too hooked up on numbers , but that weight is pretty good center weight especially if he retains his quickness.

To me it is his strength, that is truly the ONLY thing I want improvement on. Anchoring the middle he has to have more strength at the NFL level. His agility and quickness is a strength.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if that's the sort of intangible thing that can elevate a kid's draft position, in and of itself.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we are single digit days away let's pick up the pace. I just saw a mock draft that had Barton, DeJean, Kool-Aid & Latham available at 25. Two part question. In your opinion. 1. Who does Gute take? Who do you take?
1. Latham
2. DeJean
IMO.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we are single digit days away let's pick up the pace. I just saw a mock draft that had Barton, DeJean, Kool-Aid & Latham available at 25. Two part question. In your opinion. 1. Who does Gute take? Who do you take?
1. Latham
2. DeJean
IMO.

Kool-Aid is the most Packer type of those four overall - if he deviates I actually bet it's DeJean given safety likely with corner versatility.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Latham
2. DeJean
IMO.
Damn that's a tough one. I like DeJean for a S. But Latham is pretty close to "can't miss".

So while I'd still prefer a trade up to take one of the true CBs, if it came to this, it's Latham. He presents a unique opportunity to solidify the OL for years. All they need to do after this is take an iOL, ideally a C. I also like the idea of moving Tom to C and drafting a true G.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kool-Aid is the most Packer type of those four overall - if he deviates I actually bet it's DeJean given safety likely with corner versatility.
As of now I would have to fail you as you only answered half of the question. 50% isn't good enough around here.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn that's a tough one. I like DeJean for a S. But Latham is pretty close to "can't miss".

So while I'd still prefer a trade up to take one of the true CBs, if it came to this, I'd guess I'd have to say Latham. He presents a unique opportunity to solidify the OL for years. All they need to do after this is take an iOL, ideally a C. I also like the idea of moving Tom to C and drafting a true G.
Another fail. Reading comprehension needs to improve around here.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of now I would have to fail you as you only answered half of the question. 50% isn't good enough around here.
Hey Schultz, and all, here's another situation (and yes, one or the other, no waffling):

Gluten trades up to #15 and these two guys are on the board, and Gluten will take one or the other:

1. Nate Wiggins, CB
2. Jared Verse, Edge

What say you Packer fans? Not a two parter. Who would YOU take?

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
1. Latham
2. DeJean
IMO.
1. DeJean...versatility, and until he actually picks someone on offense in the 1st rd, aside for Love, I'm staying on the defensive side if the ball.

2. McKinstry... They need a CB opposite of Jaire, Stokes can't stay on the field, and getting one of the top CB's in this class would be huge. I still see DeJean as a Safety, otherwise Safety is built more for the 2nd and 3rd Rds in this draft class, a lot of options in that area of the draft ( day 2)

By the way, Kool-Aid was a pretty good PR in college too. 35ret/419yds, so some ST versatility in there

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Hey Schultz, and all, here's another situation (and yes, one or the other, no waffling):

Gluten trades up to #15 and these two guys are on the board, and Gluten will take one or the other:

1. Nate Wiggins, CB
2. Jared Verse, Edge

Verse for me, Enagbare is injured, and Preston is old. Wiggins just seems too small, he has the speed Gute likes, but I don't see him taking Wiggins in this scenario, and I think he values EDGE higher.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Verse for me, Enagbare is injured, and Preston is old. Wiggins just seems too small, he has the speed Gute likes, but I don't see him taking Wiggins in this scenario, and I think he values EDGE higher.
Thanks D. Yeah I agree. And while I have no facts, it seems the Edge guys picked in the first half of the draft tend to be more impactful to a team than CBs. Again, not scientific. I just think the top rookie rushers have a greater impact overall than the top rookie corners.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Nate Wiggins, CB
2. Jared Verse, Edge

I will take Missus a Wiggins son Nate.

Members online

Latest posts