Week 4 PFF Grades vs Vikings

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again 10 snap minimum to be here and I DON'T believe these figures are God's ordained verdicts lol:

OFFENSE BEST
Zach Tom
Jayden Reed - 75.7
Rasheed Walker - 74.0
Emanuel Wilson - 71.5
Jordan Love - 68.8

OFFENSE WORST
Luke Musgrave
Elgton Jenkins - 55.3
Tucker Kraft - 55.6 (BULLS***....just a grader letting a fumble cause too much of an impact for one but overlooked for another - Love)
Romeo Doubs - 55.9
Malik Heath - 57.4

DEFENSE BEST
Xavier McKinney
- 91.0 (Since Nick Collins we have never had someone this good on the backend)
Evan Williams (10 snaps only) - 81.0 (he is like Cooper....his ceiling is TOO HIGH to not let it play out, get him out there!)
Quay Walker - 68.1 (I didn't see this...this has me planning a Quay isolated rewatch of All22)
Isaiah McDuffie - 68.0 (I keep wishing God blessed him with more physical abilities...)
Kenny Clark - 66.0 (I believe this is TOO high on him...)

DEFENSE WORST
TJ Slaton
- 34.2 (after a SOLID week 3....he flopped and this didn't surprise me)
JJ Enagbare - 39.0 (paste above comment here)
Devonte Wyatt - 40.6 (paste comment again here)
Edgerrin Cooper - 41.0 *Folks that watch some of Vikings' best plays will see Cooper with some rookie mistakes, he however is a roller coaster cuz man does he not make some special plays too!
Eric Wilson - 41.1 (he shouldn't be a starter...)

Reaction score
It’s tough because it was such a mixed bag of ups n downs.
I thought Quay played well though
8 Tackles, Sack, TFL, QB hit

Not sure what up with Luke Musgrave. It’s like Rashan Gary they both went MIA.

Was happy to see Bullard step up. 4 Tackles and TFL as he ran down Showtime from behind.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s tough because it was such a mixed bag of ups n downs.
I thought Quay played well though
8 Tackles, Sack, TFL, QB hit

Not sure what up with Luke Musgrave. It’s like Rashan Gary they both went MIA.

Was happy to see Bullard step up. 4 Tackles and TFL as he ran down Showtime from behind.

Never pay attention to the statlines for Quay, they often lie, but this one didn't for the most part. I for the first time only remember one play in live play wondering what in the world was Quay doing...rewatching the All22 I actually was pleased with his tracking, deciphering, assignments and even shedding some blocks better than before.

Musgrave - He honest to God needs to just NEVER be asked in ANY snap to block ANYONE. He could lose a blocking assignment on even if he was tasked with blocking a kicker....IT'S BAD. He is purely a receiving tight end. BUT he is still young and have plenty of time to gain strength, learn blocking technique and get better....I just ain't betting that he will.

Reaction score
Look at the bright side. We handed the ball over to the Vikings with 5 Turnovers. Yet STILL we were very much alive in this game. Even Vikings fans I saw afterwards said we played them better than the Giants, 49ers or Texans. That comeback scare is quite a feat in itself. Although I think the Vikings took their foot off the gas a little to play the clock in the 3rd Quarter.

As I went back and looked a little closer. I believe Jordan’s knee isn’t 100%. I don’t think it was ONLY rust. Jordan was not able to firmly plant and throw using his injured leg imo. He was gingerly planting and more went back to early last season of using his upper body for throwing leverage. The RUST part also played in this as in many throws he was indecisive and threw late. I’m not suggesting this can’t be fixed. My best guess is his knee will heal a little each week. Thats the unknown is WHEN will we gel again on O.

Our D is still finding their way. Yet keep in mind our Defense has forced TWELVE Turnovers in just 4 games. #1 in the NFL
STUD: Defensive Dynamic + 6 Differential. #1 in the NFL.

Some notable seasons.
Top #10 Differential Ranking
#6 in 2008 Missed Postseason
#1 in 2009 Wildcard
#4 in 2010 Super Bowl
#2 in 2011 Divisional
#10 in 2012 Divisional
#1 in 2014 NFC game
#10 in 2015 Divisional
#6 in 2016 NFC game
#3 in 2019 NFC game
#7 in 2020 NFC game
#3 in 2021 NFC game
#1 in 2024
It’s not the ONLY factor in D success. It is 100% indicative of a dynamic D

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at the bright side. We handed the ball over to the Vikings with 5 Turnovers. Yet STILL we were very much alive in this game. Even Vikings fans I saw afterwards said we played them better than the Giants, 49ers or Texans. That comeback scare is quite a feat in itself. Although I think the Vikings took their foot off the gas a little to play the clock in the 3rd Quarter.

As I went back and looked a little closer. I believe Jordan’s knee isn’t 100%. I don’t think it was ONLY rust. Jordan was not able to firmly plant and throw using his injured leg imo. He was gingerly planting and more went back to early last season of using his upper body for throwing leverage. The RUST part also played in this as in many throws he was indecisive and threw late. I’m not suggesting this can’t be fixed. My best guess is his knee will heal a little each week. Thats the unknown is WHEN will we gel again on O.

Our D is still finding their way. Yet keep in mind our Defense has forced TWELVE Turnovers in just 4 games. #1 in the NFL
STUD: Defensive Dynamic + 6 Differential. #1 in the NFL.

Some notable seasons.
Top #10 Differential Ranking
#6 in 2008 Missed Postseason
#1 in 2009 Wildcard
#4 in 2010 Super Bowl
#2 in 2011 Divisional
#10 in 2012 Divisional
#1 in 2014 NFC game
#10 in 2015 Divisional
#6 in 2016 NFC game
#3 in 2019 NFC game
#7 in 2020 NFC game
#3 in 2021 NFC game
#1 in 2024
It’s not the ONLY factor in D success. It is 100% indicative of a dynamic D
Agree however, in those past years Rodgers didn't throw many interceptions and our RB's didn't fumble much so it was easier for the defense to increase the differential imo. We've had very few seasons where we actually created a lot of turnovers like this team has done so far.

Reaction score
Agree however, in those past years Rodgers didn't throw many interceptions and our RB's didn't fumble much so it was easier for the defense to increase the differential imo. We've had very few seasons where we actually created a lot of turnovers like this team has done so far.
Oh for sure. Once we get back to taking care of the ball that +6 will go up gradual.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still worry about that because I think this roster is younger than even last years roster.

It is younger (amazingly), but Jacobs hasn't been a big fumbler over his career and, if Love plays like second half of last year and second half of the Vikings game, then I think the major source of turnovers should be pretty good. Just got to hope that Lloyd doesn't screw things up when he comes back.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again 10 snap minimum to be here and I DON'T believe these figures are God's ordained verdicts lol:

OFFENSE BEST
Zach Tom
Jayden Reed - 75.7
Rasheed Walker - 74.0
Emanuel Wilson - 71.5
Jordan Love - 68.8

OFFENSE WORST
Luke Musgrave
Elgton Jenkins - 55.3
Tucker Kraft - 55.6 (BULLS***....just a grader letting a fumble cause too much of an impact for one but overlooked for another - Love)
Romeo Doubs - 55.9
Malik Heath - 57.4

DEFENSE BEST
Xavier McKinney
- 91.0 (Since Nick Collins we have never had someone this good on the backend)
Evan Williams (10 snaps only) - 81.0 (he is like Cooper....his ceiling is TOO HIGH to not let it play out, get him out there!)
Quay Walker - 68.1 (I didn't see this...this has me planning a Quay isolated rewatch of All22)
Isaiah McDuffie - 68.0 (I keep wishing God blessed him with more physical abilities...)
Kenny Clark - 66.0 (I believe this is TOO high on him...)

DEFENSE WORST
TJ Slaton
- 34.2 (after a SOLID week 3....he flopped and this didn't surprise me)
JJ Enagbare - 39.0 (paste above comment here)
Devonte Wyatt - 40.6 (paste comment again here)
Edgerrin Cooper - 41.0 *Folks that watch some of Vikings' best plays will see Cooper with some rookie mistakes, he however is a roller coaster cuz man does he not make some special plays too!
Eric Wilson - 41.1 (he shouldn't be a starter...)

I'm all in on Edgerrin Cooper...he's had less than 50 NFL snaps...missed all of pre-season...he's gonna have a crap game once in a while

Reaction score
I still worry about that because I think this roster is younger than even last years roster.
Possibly. Thats by age though I doubt it’s by games. The only key players we lost were Dillon and Runyon and Savage are that old what 5th -6th year players? Then we really offset that bringing in Jacobs and McKinney. Big Difference being we have a huge grouping with another full season of actual experience.
Love, Wilson, Musgrave, Kraft, Reed, Watson, Doubs, Melton, Wicks, Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, Tom ALL have 17 more games experience. Thats 238 games or so. Significant
So my contention is we’re more seasoned, not less.

2024 started with an injury to our QB. That alone could’ve slowed the continuity 2-3 weeks. For practical purposes you could argue we backed up a week or two. Week 4 was more like Week 2 or 3 imo. Still trying to figure things out a bit. You watched the game. We’ve got the talent. We just need our Defense to figure things out and our Staff to fix this Kicker issue. If everything happened Week 1 we’d take it for granted.

I suspect we see a more complete game but not for a few weeks. For now we have the personnel to squeak out a few Wins in between.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly. Thats by age though I doubt it’s by games. The only key players we lost were Dillon and Runyon and Savage are that old what 5th -6th year players? Then we really offset that bringing in Jacobs and McKinney. Big Difference being we have a huge grouping with another full season of actual experience.
Love, Wilson, Musgrave, Kraft, Reed, Watson, Doubs, Melton, Wicks, Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Rhyan, Tom ALL have 17 more games experience. Thats 238 games or so. Significant

2024 started with an injury to our QB. That alone could’ve slowed the continuity 2-3 weeks. For practical purposes you could argue we backed up a week or two. Week 4 was more like Week 2 or 3 imo. Still trying to figure things out a bit. You watched the game. We’ve got the talent. We just need our Defense to figure things out and our Staff to fix this Kicker issue. If everything happened Week 1 we’d take it for granted.

I suspect we see a more complete game but not for a few weeks. For now we have the personnel to squeak out a few Wins in between.
Campbell, Jones

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My primary concern with the team is that the dline is playing like trash in the new 4-3 system. None of the guys on the dline are new, they just all stink so far this season. Preston Smith has been the best edge defender on the team and that's only because he's the only guy that can stop the run. The linebackers were always going to be a weakness for the defense but Gary, Clark, Wyatt, Van Ness, and Clark were expected to be good to great players and not one of them has played like even a mediocre player thus far. I have no clue why they've all forgotten how to rush the passer or stop the run but the fact of the matter is that the Packers' dline is one of the worst in the NFL right now.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My primary concern with the team is that the dline is playing like trash in the new 4-3 system. None of the guys on the dline are new, they just all stink so far this season. Preston Smith has been the best edge defender on the team and that's only because he's the only guy that can stop the run. The linebackers were always going to be a weakness for the defense but Gary, Clark, Wyatt, Van Ness, and Clark were expected to be good to great players and not one of them has played like even a mediocre player thus far. I have no clue why they've all forgotten how to rush the passer or stop the run but the fact of the matter is that the Packers' dline is one of the worst in the NFL right now.
I will agree on most of these names, but the eye test is telling me Wyatt is having at least a good year.

Reaction score
Campbell, Jones
can’t believe I forgot Aaron Jones.
I can absolutely believe I forgot Devondre though.

I’d still contend when we are talking about games experience played as a Roster. We are comparable to last years Roster. Look at the number of returning players that have a full years more experience. Jacob’s and Jones kinda wash for me. Sane with McKinney and Savage it’s a wash. Ok we lost Dillon, Runyon? Those guys don’t erase like 40 guys with another season under their belt, that’s what I’m contending.
As a Roster we are not any different than last year. I’m about 90% sure we have more games experience in 2024 full Roster (or splitting hairs) in comparing it to the 2023 squad. That 2023 group was pretty raw.

It’s a reach saying the 2024 Roster is “less experienced” than 2023.

Members online

No members online now.