Thought on upcoming Ravens preseason game

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking we should mimic what the Ravens are going to do. Probably play our starters the first quarter. No point in getting beat up with our 2nds and rookies. The idea we will be giving things away is not a big deal imo. We will do that the 1st regular season game anyway and out game plans will be fluid depending on who we play...I hope. Playing starters will help even more in determining who those starters will be. Knock the rust off. The Philadelphia game could turn out to be important for the standings.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Philadelphia game could turn out to be important for the standings.

Not only the standings, but simply to come out of the gate making a statement. Green Bay (even under LaFleur) has earned a reputation for getting off to a slow start. Shaking that label would be a great way to kick off a Super Bowl season and serve notice that the Packers are ready for the next step.

Reaction score
I think we should do anything that will prevent us from getting in a hole. Such as a 1-2 type start like we’ve seen in many Packer seasons under Rodgers. The risk of injury can be mitigated by the types of play calls and protections. I’d like to see Love get some live reps and air it out some. Just for a Quarter or so.
This is the one last game we get a free pass. Try getting some quick timing throws out there etc.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Kevin Harlan misses just about every tackle during the game unless it is very obvious. He just calls the name of the last guy he sees. Would be funny if it wasn't difficult for me to tell all the time who made the tackle.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KCCI/DesMoines could have the Packer/Ravens game on but no, they have the Italian Soccer game.. Wow, I'm sure ratings will be high.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, my bad. It said the soccer game but turned to the channel and the Pack is on even though few starters are playing. My apologies to KCCI

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer that the teams needs all the reps they can get.
Now, a team like K.C. Not so much but I’d still have the starters play the first half of the last 2 pre-season games.
The only way the guys gel and come together is reps.
G.B. Is getting known for slow start. When Nagy was our coach I don’t think he played starters at all in preseason and we always started slow and bad….. but that could just be bc we were slow and bad.
I’d be livid if week one we had to play Philly in Brazil!!!!!! Week 1!!!!!!!
Not cool NFL. Give us a couple of weeks to get our legs under us. Even I can see it’s BS that y’all gotta travel week 1. At least it doesn’t count as a home game for the packers.
I’d play the starters the whole 1st half today to help get ready for the season.
Injuries are a part of the game.
It sucks but I think you’re more apt to get injured trying to avoid it than just playing smart.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I tried to be productive to the conversation and not make it about the Bears or anything else and people still gotta run their mouths.
It’s OK though, because you know that I know, that y’all know, it’s over.
We’re gonna kick the snot out of you guys for the next 15 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts