The Early Bird is Already Digging For Worms - Packer Scouting Targets for Week One

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't no moss growing on Gutekunst. Here's where he and some his top scouts are spending this weekend, the first slate of Division I teams...

Considering how often and how early we've gone Bulldog the last few drafts, it's not surprising that Georgia's the first team on his personal scouting list. Look at that list of Bulldog players - 9 of the top 100 projected prospects, plus 2 more playing for Clemson. I hope Gutekunst scribbles fast.

Thanks to the dilligent work of The Ahletic's Matt Schneudman, who has been tracking down sources on Twitter, we know where the Green Bay Packers' top decision-makers visited during the first true week of college football. Per the Senior Bowl's Jim Nagy and ESPN's Jordan Reed, general manager Brian Gutekunst first watched Clemson-Georgia on Saturday before flying out and making Notre DAme-Texas A&M. As far as good-on-good talent goes, those two matchups were the only games between top 25 ranked teams on the entire Saturday slate.

Beyond just Gutekunst, Schneideman reported that Packers director of scouting Matt Malaspina attended Penn State-West Virginia (via The Athletic’s Audrey Snyder) and Packers director of football operations Milt Hendrickson attended Iowa-Illinois State (via Scott Dochterman).

Let’s dive into some of these teams, top-100 players (ranked by the 2025 consensus draft board) and the results of these games, so we know what the Packers’ brass got to see in-person in Week 1...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow - what a great gig. Your job pays you to fly all over the country to watch the best football games each weekend. I really failed in my career.....

Members online

Latest posts