Tailgating Question….

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to tailgate for the game at Lambeau Field this December.
I’ve read tailgating in lots owned by the Team must stop at game time.
Are there non-team lots that you could bring an RV or UHaul and tailgate all day and night(especially if it’s a SNF game like I expect it will be) and then crash out bc me and the wife have drank and celebrated ourselves stupid.
I’m 100% serious so only serious responses.
Even though I’m pretty sure Voyager wants to disembowel me…..I’m a good dude and would love to drink beers, get in a little drunken scrap,….then drink some more beers and hug it out before we(my wife and I….yeah sorry fellas) pass out.

For real though. I would love to show up early go see the museum and the renovations to Lambeau and then cook some great food, drink some good beers and some good bourbon(bubbies…I’m from KY).
Any info is appreciated.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC all Lambeau lots are leased out to season ticket holders on a first come first served basis. Most other lots are people's yards. A few businesses in the area. I always just drive the 20 miles home so I really don't know.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to tailgate for the game at Lambeau Field this December.
I’ve read tailgating in lots owned by the Team must stop at game time.
Are there non-team lots that you could bring an RV or UHaul and tailgate all day and night(especially if it’s a SNF game like I expect it will be) and then crash out bc me and the wife have drank and celebrated ourselves stupid.
I’m 100% serious so only serious responses.
Even though I’m pretty sure Voyager wants to disembowel me…..I’m a good dude and would love to drink beers, get in a little drunken scrap,….then drink some more beers and hug it out before we(my wife and I….yeah sorry fellas) pass out.

For real though. I would love to show up early go see the museum and the renovations to Lambeau and then cook some great food, drink some good beers and some good bourbon(bubbies…I’m from KY).
Any info is appreciated.
I think you pegged me wrong. I have a lot of friends who are Bears fans. In fact, it's my turn this year to host the party that will be in conjunction with the January 5th game. Like all others, it's pretty much an all day affair. There will be around 20 people at our home. The weather here in South Texas is usually superb for game days. We hold the parties outside, under our car port. We'll set up a couple of large TV's, in our case, two 65" sets with tables and chairs. Some people might opt to go inside, and sit in our TV room, or living room to watch, where there's large screen TVs as well. The bathroom off our master bedroom is reserved for the ladies, while the second bathroom, off our TV room is reserved for the men. You know, because of aim, and to make the ladies more comfortable about the facilities.

So, what's on the menu? You name it. We smoke so much food it's obscene. Brisket, burgers, bratwursts, ham, and boneless pork chops. We have corn on the cob, good old "up North" coleslaw, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, and now and then, some nice venison sausages as well. As far as drinking, we roll out a quarter barrel of beer, and everyone brings their own drinks outside of that. They're quite the event, and people around the park are jealous of us because of the fun we have. We have one major rule. Everyone must wear some piece of team paraphernalia. I have my Packer Shareholder shirts, and so does my wife. Two of our Bears friends actually worked for the Bears in Chicago, before they retired, and moved South permanently.

We also throw up a couple of bag layouts, which are used by a lot of people. Since we're all old fogies, there are no kids at our parties, just adults, so we don't have to do a lot of entertainment. Just the company of each other covers what we need.

We're involved in that 4 times this football season. Both Packer/Bears games, and both Packer/Vikings games. Next year, four other couples will host the parties. It's kind of a badge of honor to do it. In return for doing it, all the guys in our group get together and power wash the host's homes in early February. We even turn that into parties, where we all whine about not winning the whole thing. So, we're talking 8 parties a year where all of us enjoy the company of each other, team rivalries aside.

OP
OP
Calebs Revenge

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds like you have a great community around you. I was just poking you a little bc of or discussion over Brazil but nothing but love in the end…. It is just a game….(to some people…not me… but some people).
These kinds of pursuits and passions we have are what makes life worth living.

Like I said, when I first joined this community, I really just wanted to talk football with some people that think differently than me because basically everybody on the Bears message board argues about just how awesome we are and there can be no other opinion.