Plethora of riches

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ford IR-return designation
King PS
DuBose Miami 53 from waivers
AJ jr Giants 53 from waivers
I'm a little surprised and disappointed they lost DuBose. I didn't follow PS that closely, but just seemed from reporting he was doing well. Who did they keep to waive DuBose? Thanks if anyone knows, and thanks Poppa for the update.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think only 2 of these guys are currently on the 53. Did any of them get signed for the Pack practice squad?
Gutenkunst has done so good with WRs that DuBose was the odd man out. The same happened with safeties this season in terms of Johnson Jr. There is a reason those two guys were immediately snapped up onto other team's 53-man rosters. It shouldn't be thought of as a negative for Gutenkunst's drafting in the 7th, but an affirmation.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised and disappointed they lost DuBose. I didn't follow PS that closely, but just seemed from reporting he was doing well. Who did they keep to waive DuBose? Thanks if anyone knows, and thanks Poppa for the update.
Heath outplayed DuBose. It's no slight on DuBose but he just wasn't as good. Add in the facts about Heath's size and ability to play special teams, and you've got the reason that DuBose didn't make the roster. The Packers were surely hoping that he would slide back onto the practice squad, but they couldn't and shouldn't have made the effort at such a stocked position.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heath outplayed DuBose. It's no slight on DuBose but he just wasn't as good. Add in the facts about Heath's size and ability to play special teams, and you've got the reason that DuBose didn't make the roster. The Packers were surely hoping that he would slide back onto the practice squad, but they couldn't and shouldn't have made the effort at such a stocked position.
Thanks EG. And it's consistent with your earlier comment. Guys who are waived and get picked up are good draft picks. It just means there are better players ahead of them and still with the Packers, like Heath.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts