Packers vs Raiders Game Thread: Sin City Slugfest Edition

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he is a choker who has no business calling defense.
An open question for any who care to answer:

1. In your estimation, who are the five worst defenses in the league right now (pick a 6th if you include GB in that list)?

2. If we fired Barry tomorrow, do you think any of those teams would even remotely consider bringing in Barry as their DC?

I know few industries allow you to “fail upwards” quite like the NFL but we seem to find ourselves in an odd situation where we’ve got a guy who’s seemingly well-established as our DC but if he wasn’t currently established as our DC almost certainly wouldn’t get that job anywhere else and would probably be lucky to get even a position coach position on a bottom-feeder team at this point. Funny how that works…

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a chance to get momentum to put on a Packer jersey. Let's see what they can do with it

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably has been said but it’s again worth reminding that we had four extra days of prep to get ready for this one.

How many wins have we seen in the LaFleur era that were “coaching wins” and not ones where we simply “out-talented” the opponent?

I know that’s a bit of a loaded question in some ways (some will credit the coach for wins and blame the players for losses while others will credit the players for wins and blame the coach for losses) but I guess what I’m getting at is that I’m becoming less and less convinced in his ability to bring about a product that’s greater than the sum of its parts.
Which brings the question, was it Rodgers or MLF?

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which brings the question, was it Rodgers or MLF?
I won’t say that MLF deserves no credit, but I’m starting to feel like he’s the type of coach where you pretty much get out what you put in. Give him a mediocre roster and you will get mediocre results. Give him an elite roster and you will get good results. But I am not convinced that he is a guy who can elevate an average roster to become more than an average team.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
An open question for any who care to answer:

1. In your estimation, who are the five worst defenses in the league right now (pick a 6th if you include GB in that list)?

2. If we fired Barry tomorrow, do you think any of those teams would even remotely consider bringing in Barry as their DC?

I know few industries allow you to “fail upwards” quite like the NFL but we seem to find ourselves in an odd situation where we’ve got a guy who’s seemingly well-established as our DC but if he wasn’t currently established as our DC almost certainly wouldn’t get that job anywhere else and would probably be lucky to get even a position coach position on a bottom-feeder team at this point. Funny how that works…
Well, the Patriots, Broncos, Jets,Bears, Cardinals, and NO! None of them would want Barry

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won’t say that MLF deserves no credit, but I’m starting to feel like he’s the type of coach where you pretty much get out what you put in. Give him a mediocre roster and you will get mediocre results. Give him an elite roster and you will get good results. But I am not convinced that he is a guy who can elevate an average roster to become more than an average team.
I think he has made many questionable decisions since he has been here