NFL 2024 Weekly Predictions Contest: Week 6

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Recommended listening. Jason Isbell is a my favorite modern artist. His songwriting is excellent (very real), and the style is a throwback to earlier rock and country. He's done Austin City Limits a few times.
"If we were vampires" is one of my all time favorite songs. Shows how our mortality is actually a blessing.
"if we were vampires and death was a joke
We'd stand on the sidewalk and smoke, but I'd never feel the need to hold your hand....."
Maybe not verbatim but great effin song.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I've been on a kick listening to all these Coldplay and Jason Isbell songs and the fact that one of my pooches has a tumor on her butt and even though I expected her not to last until August, she's a damn fighter and she's still here but time is running short and I feel like the guy in the video driving on the motorcycle with my dog on my lap trying to outrun this damn cancer and it sucks cause I know we're not gonna.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I've been on a kick listening to all these Coldplay and Jason Isbell songs and the fact that one of my pooches has a tumor on her butt and even though I expected her not to last until August, she's a damn fighter and she's still here but time is running short and I feel like the guy in the video driving on the motorcycle with my dog on my lap trying to outrun this damn cancer and it sucks cause I know we're not gonna.
Jason Isbell, "Elephant". Cancer hits hard. I hope your pooch can be kept comfortable.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm giving her the strongest meds I can and she gets rso extract to keep her appetite up.
My number one concern through all of this has been her pain management because a puppy can't look at me and go "daddy... I'm really really hurting and I want it to stop now please."
I told my wife as soon as I think that the medicines aren't keeping her comfortable that it'll be time and she's had an incredibly strong appetite up until the last couple days. It has wained a little bit, so it's just weighing on me that all this time that we've gotten, these three months, has just been extra gravy time, but it's almost time to let go.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I've had people go..."it's just an effin dog..."
My response is "you're a fool and I'm sorry you have never felt the pure unparalleled love a dog has for its human or pack.
People that have the capacity to hurt innocent animals are right under people who hurt children in my list of scum to be immediately removed from society due to the oxygen shortage in this area and we can't spare enough for you to continue breathing......goodbye!!
Thanks for the kind words though.
We've had 14 wonderful years with my Nikita and if there's an afterplace.....her brother is waiting and soon they can wait together for us in the ether.......

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I've had people go..."it's just an effin dog..."
My response is "you're a fool and I'm sorry you have never felt the pure unparalleled love a dog has for its human or pack.
People that have the capacity to hurt innocent animals are right under people who hurt children in my list of scum to be immediately removed from society due to the oxygen shortage in this area and we can't spare enough for you to continue breathing......goodbye!!
Thanks for the kind words though.
We've had 14 wonderful years with my Nikita and if there's an afterplace.....her brother is waiting and soon they can wait together for us in the ether.......
There is. Rainbow Bridge. And you all WILL be together.

OP
OP
Canadian Cheddar

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a buddy that's had a few Samoyeds over the years. He lost his latest one back in the spring after fifteen plus years.(I think it was a cancer, but that is a better than average lifespan for the breed.) He and his wife took it pretty hard. They got a Samoyed pup (Skai) in August. Picture from when he was picked up from the *******(place that makes more dogs).
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Staff online

Members online