Kenny Clark Extended….

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of us knew this was possible but with so much youth surging I think many knew outside chance it wasn’t going to happen…but here we are.

About what I’d expect overall but the structure of it will tell me whether a fan or not.

Update: Structure is roughly laid out with these cap hits:

2024 - $26,365,000
2025 - $20,365,000
2026 - $31,365,000 (a 2026 release would be a roughly $14M savings)
2027 - $27,142,000

Appears no void years utilized in structure. This allows future flexibility if needed through void years or truly depending how contracts and such play out next year, the odd dip in 2025 is absolutely planning on other signings they already are working on builds (not discussing but Ball begins speculating plans well in advance).

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpeg
    IMG_1863.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny re-upping for 3 yrs and $64 Milly is another shoe dropping in the: Love's deal is done. No way they get that done without knowing the parameters of J-Love's deal.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 years $64M

Seems about right.

I'm happy for Kenny. Seems like a very good guy. He is worth the money and I'm glad we have him around for next 4 years.
I was fearing a much larger total, so I'm ecstatic with this news!! He's still only 28 & a stud interior defender so hoping he stays healthy & both sides win!

Looking for the announcement on a Love deal tomorrow. ;)

Reaction score
I agree. I think he’s worth that. Sounds about right. Chris Jones just resigned with KC for 5yr X $159Mil. Just South of $32Mil annual.
Kenny is worth 66% of his contract. Different capacity but Kenny has about 50% the Sacks, but Kenny has more than 100 more tackles since both started in 2016

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a very good player and am very happy to hear he stays. He may even be better with a slight twist in the scheme on the line. Either way, he's worth it imho.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny re-upping for 3 yrs and $64 Milly is another shoe dropping in the: Love's deal is done. No way they get that done without knowing the parameters of J-Love's deal.
Exactly. My very first thought. We'll get the announcement within the next two days, quite possibly tomrrow at the stockholers' meeting. Which I think several peeople here have speculated over the last couple of months.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Structure of Kenny’s may have even provided a little more this year for Love structure.

Reaction score
One things for sure. Love just hit the Mega Millions lottery. I’d be smiling too

I wonder what his upfront signing bonus will be and what % is left after Uncle Sam.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beyond being a great player, by all accounts Kenny is a great person and great locker room guy. It's tough to ever let those guys go, but it salary cap is always an issue so I was prepared to see them ride out the season before making a decision on Kenny.

A great start to the week.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Structure is solid and I like it. Adding it to OP as I get solid numbers confirmed.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So happy this happened. For a long time, Clark has been the only plus player on the dline and it would have been awful (Aaron Jones awful) if he had left the team after this season. BONUS! The deal is amazing for the Packers since it's basically a one season extension with the following two seasons as team option (basically his dead money cap hit starts being below what he counts against the cap in 2026).

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What you have is quintessential Kenny Clark. He's doing everything that he can the right way. There is still a ton of money for him, but he gets to stay on the team that he helped built, and will hopefully realize a championship.

Reaction score
What you have is quintessential Kenny Clark. He's doing everything that he can the right way. There is still a ton of money for him, but he gets to stay on the team that he helped built, and will hopefully realize a championship.
That’s what I mean. Yea it’s nice to have young guys that can relate so well with a young QB, but having veterans peppered in is really important also. Kenny is consistently good and just keeps his nose to the grindstone and you gotta respect that