2023 Game 16 rematch with the Vikings pregame thread: Win or stay home

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander suspended. I think he's TRYING to be gone.
He didn't suspend himself. I do agree that his pre-game goof-up is probably worthy of a suspension, but FFS this is basically a playoff game this week. I kinda want to say why not just fine him 25,000 and forget the suspension? But I guess if that's the policy you have to maintain integrity.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not condoning what JA did. He should have gone up to MLF and asked to be one of the captains before game day. All I am saying is I won't be happy if JA is traded and returns to form for another team while MLF keeps Barry around while the defense keeps circling the drain.
I think Barry is done no matter what happens, save winning the Superbowl 30-0.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
n't suspend himself. I do agree that his pre-game goof-up is probably worthy of a suspension, but FFS this is basically a playoff game this week.

Packers seemingly keep it in the building pretty good. Gotta think this is just the culmination of a bunch of things over the season that just haven't come out. His entire season (on the field and off) has been odd.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He didn't suspend himself. I do agree that his pre-game goof-up is probably worthy of a suspension, but FFS this is basically a playoff game this week. I kinda want to say why not just fine him 25,000 and forget the suspension? But I guess if that's the policy you have to maintain integrity.

Since his contract calls for a Per Game Active Bonus of $38,235, I assume his suspension will cost him at least that much.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I didn't say he suspended himself AND I believe he is doing whatever he can to get himself traded, he knew damn well what he was doing, and needs to be slapped back into his wheelhouse - if someone (I'm looking at you J-E-T-S) will take over that contract.

Why the suspension? I suspect he doesn't get paid a game check. $25k is walkin' around money... 1/17th of his annual might get his head out of his butt. THAT he understands ..

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Players suspend themselves and he did a very bonehead thing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are correct and JA will be gone this offseason and he returns to his All-Pro level of play for his new team I'll be pissed and not at him. I'll be unhappy that MLF allowed that side of the ball to become such a mess by sticking with a nincompoop at DC that one of his best players revolted making it impossible to keep him around and he had to be shipped off to another team.
Dead money is over 20 mill. Don't think he goes

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players suspend themselves and he did a very bonehead thing.
On the bright side it shouldn't make much difference as far as the team goes. He's a press coverage guy and Barry doesn't know how to use him anyway.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. We have a discontented teenager on our hands.
Can you blame him? He's one of the best pure man-to-man cover guys in the league. He was shutting all-Pro WRs down on a weekly basis before Barry came along and instead of playing him to his strengths JB forces him to line up 10+ yards deep in his worthless zones schemes. Get a competent DC who knows how to use his players and he'll return to form here.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1995 - Erik Kramer / 3,838 yards passing / 29 TDs
2023 - Jordan Love currently / 3,587 yards passing / 27 TDs at 15 games

He needs 252 yards and 3 TDs against the Vikings to have a better 16 game season than any Bear's QB ever

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be up to the offense to win this game. Don't turn the ball over, no drive killing penalties, control the clock as much as you can and put points up. I have zero confidence in this defense. Best we can hope for is get turnovers, but expecting that from a team that has six interceptions in 15 games might be a stretch too

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hall could end up being dog meat, or he could end up looking like Mayfield did last week. (I'm trying to forget last week for obvious reasons)

It depends on which Packer defense shows up. The one that barely belongs in the NFL, or the one that doesn't even belong on a 6-8 year old kids flag football team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hall could end up being dog meat, or he could end up looking like Mayfield did last week. (I'm trying to forget last week for obvious reasons)

It depends on which Packer defense shows up. The one that barely belongs in the NFL, or the one that doesn't even belong on a 6-8 year old kids flag football team.
I'd put money on the Packers defense making Jaren Hall look like the second coming of Tom Brady.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts