Who is our #2 RB this year?

Reaction score
I don't trust rookies. Especially in the first half of their first season. I'm working under the assumption that Wilson has a year under his belt, should know the playbook and all the blocking assignments and has had a year of refinement in blocking instruction and technique hopefully. All assumptions of course. Did I mention that I despise seeing stupid rookie mistakes hamstringing my team?
Yeah I think you beat that point into me pretty good! :laugh:

Should be interesting who we go after RB if we draft one. I’m kinda excited to maybe use a Top 58-127 overall there. It’s normally going to net a pretty good player (overall). The last Top 100 RB were Eddie Lacy and Dillon and while they fizzled.. they were actually pretty good out of the gate.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor Dillon. He's become a boogeyman just like Hawk, Bush, Kuhn, B. Jones et al.

This forum has really turned against him

Reaction score
Poor Dillon. He's become a boogeyman just like Hawk, Bush, Kuhn, B. Jones et al.

I’ve always been supportive of Dillon. Although I also don’t think he’s playing up to his projected potential. I like to say he’s playing like a 5th Rounder on 2nd Round projection. He’s not horrible, just kinda lacks that dynamic ability.
He had a down year in his contract year, which is bad timing.

Other than that? He’s an ok player. I do think we need to try to bring in a Robin for our new Batman.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not sure I follow. Like Hawk, he's a good player who performed way under expectations for his draft position. Bush just sucked. Are you sure you don't mean D-as-in Datone Jones instead of B Jones (1st round choice who started four games in four years)? Don't remember Kuhn having any PR problems at all.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure I follow. Like Hawk, he's a good player who performed way under expectations for his draft position. Bush just sucked. Are you sure you don't mean D-as-in Datone Jones instead of B Jones (1st round choice who started four games in four years)? Don't remember Kuhn having any PR problems at all.
You must not have been on this forum when this crowd was pilloring Brad Jones and John Kuhn.

Reaction score
it’s probably a wise move having AJ, if nothing else for continuity. I hope it’s a minimal deal though. I’ve always said he’s actually underestimated in the passing game. He’s does have good hands.

Welcome back A.J. :)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with this. It makes taking a RB in the draft almost a luxury. They can wait until they get a great value. I'd still like to see them draft one but they have their #1 and their #2.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His deal technically doesn't count much against the cap so in that case I'm cool with bringing him back

In my last mock sim I got Tyrone Tracy of Purdue with GB's first selection in the 7th round-a luxury pick with potential to be a slightly bigger scatback/receiving change-of-pace 3rd down back future Aaron Jones replacement

Stash him on the PS this upcoming season behind RB1 Jacobs RB2 Wilson RB3 Dillon (short-yardage/goal line) and you're set in that room

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes taking a RB in the draft almost a luxury.

Hard time believing they won't spend draft capital on a RB somewhere, but probably not in rds 2-3. Although Gute drafted a QB in the 1st round with Rodgers on the team so, not sure he knows the meaning of 'luxury pick'

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this, but it makes sense.

Jones is a great pass protector but Jacobs reportedly isn’t.

You don’t want to rely on a rookie for that job.

Dillon is good at it. And for cap purposes, it’s a vet min deal.

Reaction score
I think we will still take a RB in this draft. Although we won’t feel pressure to do it in Day 2 unless it’s too good to pass up.

Also love the $$ part and commitment being minimal.

Reaction score
Something interesting I found about Dillon.
Touches:Fumbles ratio?
(Regular season)

Aaron Jones 1,449:15 (.010)
Dalvin Cook 1,585:21 (.013)
David Montgomery 1,308:8 (.006)
Bijan Robinson 272:4 (.015)
Jon Taylor 1,048:9 (.009)
Jamaal Williams 1,199:5 (.004)
Derrick Henry 2,185:17 (.008)
Josh Jacobs 1502:11 (.007)

AJ Dillon 683:3 (.004)
3 Career Fumbles…
3 Fumble Recoveries

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Called it!

I still think Dillon's pass catching ability is underused. Understandable given we had Jones, but hope we throw more to him too.
Pack still thinking draft regardless. We know that our 2 feature backs usually do not suit up for all 17 games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will still take a RB in this draft. Although we won’t feel pressure to do it in Day 2 unless it’s too good to pass up.

Also love the $$ part and commitment being minimal.
And we can see how things play out in preseason. We kept a back on the 53 that few expected to make the team last year. There were games last year when we missed one or the other in the backfield.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Called it!

I still think Dillon's pass catching ability is underused. Understandable given we had Jones, but hope we throw more to him too.
IMO MLF seemed to be getting away from using the RBs as pass catchers. Other than Jones' 8 targets against San Fran he seemed to he getting fewer towards the end of the season. Perhaps MLF was just concerned about his injuries.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he's back and that's that.

I think Dillon could be quite useful as a fullback.

He is indeed underrated as a pass catcher.

Catching a few passes on a screen and going downhill during November, December and January should terrify defenders.