Not too soon 2024 roster prediction

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the draft finally over, it's not too soon to speculate about the 2024 roster. Here's my initial guess. Look for Gute to add a few more free agent line backers, edge rushers and wide receivers to round out the practice squad.

QB- Love, Clifford
RB- Jacobs, Lloyd, Dillon
TE- Musgrave, Kraft, Sims, Davis
WR- Wayson, Doubs, Wicks, Reed, Melton, Heather
O Line- Myers, Jenkins, Tom, Walker, Rhyan, Jones, Morgan, Newman, Dillard, Monk
K- Carlson
P- Whelen
LS- Bowden
CB- Alexander, Stokes, Nixon, Valentine, Ballentine
S- McKinney, Bullard, Oladapo, Johnson, Sapp
Edge-Van Ness, Gary, Smith, Enagbare, Cox
IDL- Clark, Wyatt, Slaton, Brooks, Wooden
ILB- Walker, Cooper, Wilson, McDuffie, Hooper

Practice Squad

Pratt QB
Wilson RB
Dubois WR
Jennings O line
Glover O line
Tenuta O line
Rochelle CB
King CB
Williams Safety
Ford IDL
Welch ILB

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't see Williams being on the PS. I think he cracks the roster a released 4th rounder wouldn't make it to PS anyway, someone would snatch him up.
Myers IMO is a cut candidate.
Jennings I think cracks the roster too unless he totally sucks it up in camp. He was given a lot of guaranteed money for UDFA.
King hopefully pushes Ballentine for that last CB spot.
Pratt vs. Clifford will be an interesting battle.
I can't see Carlson beating Joseph in the kicking battle, but we'll see.
Camp will be interesting, lots of competition this year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't see Williams being on the PS. I think he cracks the roster a released 4th rounder wouldn't make it to PS anyway, someone would snatch him up.
Jennings I think cracks the roster too unless he totally sucks it up in camp. He was given a lot of guaranteed money for UDFA.
If the rookie offensive linemen look good in camp, I could see Myers and Newman get traded for future draft picks. I doubt that Newman could get much in return though.

OP
OP
Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went with Carlson over Joseph because he's a draft pick. Any ties go to a draft pick. While Williams is a 4th round pick, he may not be a 4th round talent. People have been counting Ballentine out for a while and he seems to always make it. I think King will get some seasoning on the practice squad. He was awful in 2023 so it's not a gimme that he can flip a switch and turn it around. If Jennings is even halfway decent, I hope you're right and he makes the roster which could make Newman expendable. Young o linemen usually take time to develop so that's why I pegged Jennings for the practice squad.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it could happen, a lot would have to fall juuuust right for Myers to not be on the roster for 2024. And I think people like to hate on player and unfairly group "I'd like better" and "can this guy even play in the NFL?"

He's not a pro-bowler, but Myers was, at worst, the 4th best starter last year. Newman, unless the lights come on, might just be straight up cut this year.

Reaction score
With the draft finally over, it's not too soon to speculate about the 2024 roster. Here's my initial guess. Look for Gute to add a few more free agent line backers, edge rushers and wide receivers to round out the practice squad.

QB- Love, Clifford
RB- Jacobs, Lloyd, Dillon
TE- Musgrave, Kraft, Sims, Davis
WR- Wayson, Doubs, Wicks, Reed, Melton, Heather
O Line- Myers, Jenkins, Tom, Walker, Rhyan, Jones, Morgan, Newman, Dillard, Monk
K- Carlson
P- Whelen
LS- Bowden
CB- Alexander, Stokes, Nixon, Valentine, Ballentine
S- McKinney, Bullard, Oladapo, Johnson, Sapp
Edge-Van Ness, Gary, Smith, Enagbare, Cox
IDL- Clark, Wyatt, Slaton, Brooks, Wooden
ILB- Walker, Cooper, Wilson, McDuffie, Hooper

Practice Squad

Pratt QB
Wilson RB
Dubois WR
Jennings O line
Glover O line
Tenuta O line
Rochelle CB
King CB
Williams Safety
Ford IDL
Welch ILB
Thank you. I’m going to approach this from a more numerical grading scale. I’m going to grade each position group by my own projected +- improved/diminished in value in comparison to 2023. Projections will include position depth pieces also in my “off “-the-cuff” interpretation. If its hair splitting it’s a “0” or neutral grade.
+2 substantial improvement
+1 moderate improvement
+ slight but noticeable “ “
0 neutral or very similar
- minor but noticeable decline
-1 moderate decline
-2 substantial “ “

QB 0

TE +
(T. Davis returning as a veteran piece) Two 2nd year plus TE’s should see improved play overall.

WR +1
(Experience impact across room)

OL +1
(potential of Walker as Nijman offset + and addition of a high upside LT. and Bak no longer a side distraction. Rhyan/Rookie competing for offset of Runyon loss. Substantial Added interior depth.

K/P/LS 0 with maybe a minor + Legit Kicking competition

CB + probable return of Stokes and quality depth piece in King.

Safety +2
Hard not to gain momentum with 3 pieces added giving versatility and depth. Gains of McKinney over Savage is a +1. Gains of 3 Rookie Safeties with a top 50 included bring a +1. This room has the most potential for D improvement from pure potential.

Edge - uncertainty at rotation with Enagbare

iDL 0
While it could be argued that seasoning will be a + it can also be argued no known or substantial additions were made.

LB +1
Addition of quality Starter and quality rotation piece that possesses an highly athletic an attacking demeanor. Loss of Campbell was lower impact mainly because of his overall decline in play last season. Edgerrin offsets that imo. I also think that Hopper is a quality rotational piece and possibly outplays McDuffie for a larger role by seasons end. In addition Eric Wilson is a somewhat forgotten and underestimated placemarker at LB until someone rises. His $3m signing was a fundamental glue that solidified a contingency plan at LB.

Special Teams +
Return of key pieces and addition of Tyler Davis and several quality depth pieces fighting for a roster. I suspect King gets his shot on ST first

Last edited: