My double secret probation final mock draft

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I usually post this a day or two before the draft but this year the calendar fell on a personal day where I couldn't put my mind into it earlier today...so late at night here we go. I'm using Sportskeeda because pff is only allowing 3 round mocks without a subscription, and fanspeak is too weird now.

Pick 25 flipped to Baltimore along with Pick 126 for Picks 30 and 62

Pick 30: Jordan Morgan Tackle Arizona 6'5 311. Love him against D-Lineman, has some problems with speed rushers. Can probably improve on that. Will probably do better with Jordan Love as his QB than the one he had in college. And maybe some of the negative I saw was the QBs fault. JC Latham was also on the board but we need a solid LT more than a great RT.

Pick 41 Cooper Beebe G Kansas State: 6'3 322. Best guard in the draft possibly the best interior O-lineman in the whole draft. Bit of a stretch, I trade to move back a few spots but nobody would accept a trade. I'm fine with him here. I think he's a solid replacement for Runyan and can move in to play Center if Tom gets hurt.

Pick 58 Calen Bullock S USC: 6'2 188. Ran upper 4.4 at the combine. I liked him against Notre Dame and I would have no problem seeing him lined up with Xavier Day One of training camp. Top 3 Safety in the draft in my view

Pick 62 Blake Corum RB Michigan: 5'8 205. My problem here is my Dad was bigger than this guy, but Aaron Jones was about my Dad's size and he was a pretty good back when healthy. I do worry about Corum's health as I believe he had a significant injury I think in 2022. If healthy he's the next Aaron Jones, don't care who Gutey signed in free agency.

Pick 88 flipped to Arizona for Picks 90 and 226

Pick 90 flipped to Tampa for Picks 92 and 246

Pick 91 Edgerrin Cooper Linebacker Texas A&M: 6'2 230 ran a 4.51 at the Combine. He's about Campbell's size and 10 years younger and healthier. Can blitz off the corner if needed, if he tackles you you stay tackled. Could work on coverage, love getting the best linebacker in the draft toward the end of Day 2.

Pick 92 flipped to Houston for Picks 97 and 189

Pick 97 flipped to Pittsburgh for Pick 119

Pick 119 and 255 flipped to Denver for Picks 121 and 203

Pick 121 Tyler Nubin Safety Minnesota: 6'1 199. Got the best Safety *Personal opinion* in the draft on Day 3. I like this kid. I don't have to worry about him being a jack of all trade as a DB like I do with DeJean. Plus I saw more of Nubin than DeJean.

Pick 169 Cam Hart CB Notre Dame: 6'3 202. While I will vehemently and wholeheartedly disagree with anyone who wants a CB in the 1st 2 days of the draft I CAN see value in a Day 3 depth pick. I watched and was impressed with Cam while at Notre Dame and of the 4-7 round CBs he's #1 IMO based on what I saw.

Pick 189 Joshua Karty Kicker Stanford: Why do we need this guy? 2 words...Anders Carlson, and I say that as a diehard Auburn fan.

Pick 202 Sam Hartman QB Notre Dame: Hartman is the safest QB in the draft. The TOs weren't a problem, maybe he's a camp arm, maybe he turns into a career backup. Maybe he's Mark Brunnell a guy we train and trade. 6'1 210.

Pick 203 Michael Barrett LB Michigan: 5'11 233. Those are NFL numbers I've seen him listed as big as 6'1 239. I can put up with a small linebacker if he'll stick his helmet in there and knock the ball carrier down, or knock the ball carrier away from the ball. At times he was the star and Coulson was the 'other' guy in 2022 and 2023.

Pick 219 Brevyn Spann-Ford 6'6.5 260. Smaller than I've seen him listed other places. Posession tight end, great blocker. Not spectaculor but does the nuts and bolts stuff well.

Pick 226 Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin 6'1 235. Started for the Badgers as a 17 year old. In 3 years at UW this man ran for 3500 yards behind an unreplenished O-Line. I've seen other mocks on social media where I have given people crap for taking Bortoloni in the 7th round. He didn't have an even average O-Line and 2 out of his 3 years he went for over 1200 yards. Last season plagued by ankle injuries, and in one game while injured was completely mis-used by Fickel.

Pick 245 Demani Richardson 6'0.5 210 Safety Texas A&M. To get good DB depth and get this group righted by 2025 we're gonna need at least 2 of the DBs drafted to make the team. I think this guy is a good candidate to take the J O spot as the lead backup that maybe turns into a starter with an injury, but hopefully with more production. Let's be hoenst here, Green Bay's safeties had 0 INTs in the regular season. This has to improve.

Pick 246 Mohammed Kamara EDGE 6'1 248 Colordo State. I saw this guy play within the last 2 seasons I think against Wyoming and this dude was a menace. Would like to see him get to 260-265 if he's gonna play EDGE or 240 if he's gonna get moved inside. SHOCKED I was able to get this player at the end of the draft.

With this draft I filled real holes, and perceived holes. I upgraded rooms that have been lackluster especially last season. I like every player I got in this draft.

I am a bit concerned about Richardson with the grade NFL.com gave him but I think I might be right about him more so than they were.

Also I don't think there's a SNOWBALL's CHANCE we get Edgerrin Cooper after Pick 58.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a lot of flipping. I do agree Cooper will most likely be gone by 58. I also saw a mock yesterday by a Texans reporter that had them taking Cam Hart at 42. As Bob Uecker might say " just a bit earlier than you drafted him." I will let the Wisconsin B. Allen fans who have advocated for taking him at 91 chime in on that one. We have decided it is too cold to golf this morning, so between traveling to and from the course, playing 18 and stopping at the 19th hole I have an extra 6+ hours to post today. There will be plenty of options to critique my thoughts.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might want to do another one. I don't find much of this realistic (Cooper for starters) and a few I'd want nothing to do with (Corum)

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We go into Saturday with 2 7's and you drafted 2 in the seventh, albeit earlier than when you started. Through your swaps though it wasn't directly, you moved up.
Never answered why you flipped 97 for 119.
I moved up 52 spots from 255 to 203...and only moved back to spots from 119 to 121. That seemed like a strong move to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts