I had This Nightmare

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, please tell us all about this "luck" we've had.
There is absolutely a little bit of luck involved in both Favre and Rodgers getting a Super Bowl win and going to Canton. If Love works out then everyone else in the league needs to absolutely draft a qb and sit them for 3 years before putting them in as full-time starter.

The Bears got extremely lucky in getting the first pick last year. The Texans (and our former beloved coach)with that miracle 40 yard bomb and 2 pt conversion gifted us all that is the fruit of the pick we traded to Carolina.
It led to:#1 1300 yrd WR DJ Moore, our starting RT D. Wright, our starting 2CB in T. Stevenson, starting QB and future packer killer C. Williams, and……whoever we get next year with their probably high 2nd rnd pick. I think we currently have 11 picks next year.

Everyone who wins the big one has to have the players and skill and a little bit of luck. Did K.C. Have a little luck that the 49ers didn’t read the overtime rules and understand the full scope of the scenario? If Love hadn’t choked on that pick y’all might have taken them to overtime and benefitted from their ignorance but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

That’s the “luck” I speak of. Also just thought of this. We were lucky that our old jag-off of a GM works in Atl as the asst. GM and I’m sure was instrumental in drafting Penix and that allowed us to get Rome.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan also put us squarely in position to beat a very good 49ers team. Not only that but Jordan Love dominated Dallas in THEIR house. Dallas hadn’t lost a home game in a year and a half. Not only that but Jordan did it with the youngest Offense by games experience in SB history and did it in embarrassing fashion. Ask Dallas fans if they think Jordan lost games for the Packers and at least they’ve gur the g o ads to tell the truth. Even with a few years on the bench watching? It’s almost inconceivable. To take anything away from Jordan in a first starting season is bordering egregious. He literally tore teams up down the stretch and I mean stunned them. So what he made a bad throw he had 1 season under his belt did you expect perfection and a SB? With a D barely in the top half of the league? Cmon that’s why Bears fans will always be Bears fans.

If Jordan Love was reselected in the 2024 draft he’d go top 3. I’d take a proven QB with heart over a Trevor Lawrence type with “accolades” any day and 2X on Sunday. You’re severely deceiving yourself if you think Love did that by accident. 2023 will not be Jordan’s best season and if that’s what you’re implying you’ll be set for disappointment. Your QB hadn’t even had a snap in the NFL and you’re acting like he’s the next Joe Montana. In this league you’ve got to prove yourself and I’d time it until that happens before talking big time smack. The Packers are a clear favorite in the NFC and it takes more than a first year QB to get it done. In this league it’s takes 53 to get her done and the
The Bears 53 > Packers at talking
The Packers 53 > Bears 53 on the field. You’d have to Win 5 in a row just to turn the tide that’s how bad the Bears have been.
Umm… you do realize you lost division to Detroit and they were very close to a Super Bowl. I’d have to say they are the favorite.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan also put us squarely in position to beat a very good 49ers team. Not only that but Jordan Love dominated Dallas in THEIR house. Dallas hadn’t lost a home game in a year and a half. Not only that but Jordan did it with the youngest Offense by games experience in SB history and did it in embarrassing fashion. Ask Dallas fans if they think Jordan lost games for the Packers and at least they’ve gur the g o ads to tell the truth. Even with a few years on the bench watching? It’s almost inconceivable. To take anything away from Jordan in a first starting season is bordering egregious. He literally tore teams up down the stretch and I mean stunned them. So what he made a bad throw he had 1 season under his belt did you expect perfection and a SB? With a D barely in the top half of the league? Cmon that’s why Bears fans will always be Bears fans.

If Jordan Love was reselected in the 2024 draft he’d go top 3. I’d take a proven QB with heart over a Trevor Lawrence type with “accolades” any day and 2X on Sunday. You’re severely deceiving yourself if you think Love did that by accident. 2023 will not be Jordan’s best season and if that’s what you’re implying you’ll be set for disappointment. Your QB hadn’t even had a snap in the NFL and you’re acting like he’s the next Joe Montana. In this league you’ve got to prove yourself and I’d time it until that happens before talking big time smack. The Packers are a clear favorite in the NFC and it takes more than a first year QB to get it done. In this league it’s takes 53 to get her done and the
The Bears 53 > Packers at talking
The Packers 53 > Bears 53 on the field. You’d have to Win 5 in a row just to turn the tide that’s how bad the Bears have been.
Also my pops has told me about the vaunted Green Bay powerhouse teams from the 70’s and 80’s. The pendulum always swings back. Not trash talking just stating facts….the pendulum always swings back.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely a little bit of luck involved in both Favre and Rodgers getting a Super Bowl win and going to Canton. If Love works out then everyone else in the league needs to absolutely draft a qb and sit them for 3 years before putting them in as full-time starter.
I have no issue with the luck comment. You don't even get out of bed in the morning without a little bit of good fortune.

Sounds like the Lions are favored to win the division. I'd like to see us in that spot, but we have a very tough schedule, and I admit Detroit is very well coached.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

The Bears got extremely lucky in getting the first pick last year. The Texans (and our former beloved coach)with that miracle 40 yard bomb and 2 pt conversion gifted us all that is the fruit of the pick we traded to Carolina.
It led to:#1 1300 yrd WR DJ Moore, our starting RT D. Wright, our starting 2CB in T. Stevenson, starting QB and future packer killer C. Williams, and……whoever we get next year with their probably high 2nd rnd pick. I think we currently have 11 picks next year.

Everyone who wins the big one has to have the players and skill and a little bit of luck. Did K.C. Have a little luck that the 49ers didn’t read the overtime rules and understand the full scope of the scenario? If Love hadn’t choked on that pick y’all might have taken them to overtime and benefitted from their ignorance but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

That’s the “luck” I speak of. Also just thought of this. We were lucky that our old jag-off of a GM works in Atl as the asst. GM and I’m sure was instrumental in drafting Penix and that allowed us to get Rome.
You choose a QB when availability meets draft or trade value. Not when you absolutely need one. No luck involved. Just a lot of hard research and scouting and good coaching.

Luck = opportunity + preparation

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You choose a QB when availability meets draft or trade value. Not when you absolutely need one. No luck involved. Just a lot of hard research and scouting and good coaching.

Luck = opportunity + preparation
For there to be no luck involved at all, that would mean that you could predict how well every single draft pick would perform in the NFL. So yeah, luck is always a factor.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For there to be no luck involved at all, that would mean that you could predict how well every single draft pick would perform in the NFL. So yeah, luck is always a factor.
Thank the good Lord one of you can be rational and admit luck is a factor. I mean c’mon maaaaayyyne….having back to back HoF qb’s has happened one other time in NFL history that I can think of with the 49ers: Montana and Young. Then they had a good QB in J Garcia after that. If it was easy everyone would get a great QB every couple of years.

Part of why I believe Caleb will be good is we were prepared for a rookie QB with our roster. I went to OSU and there wasn’t a bigger Fields fanboy out there but we were ill equipped to have him play. No supporting cast and all it did was highlight his legs teaching him to run at the first sign of collapse. Coaching malpractice. I still question Eberflus as “the guy” but the locker room loves him.

The script has flipped and Caleb will be protected and be able to ball out. He has the fastest release I’ve seen since your ex-QB Rodgers and can make every throw. I can’t wait for the schedule to come out bc I’ll def be coming to Caleb’s first game in lambeau field.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank the good Lord one of you can be rational and admit luck is a factor. I mean c’mon maaaaayyyne….having back to back HoF qb’s has happened one other time in NFL history that I can think of with the 49ers: Montana and Young. Then they had a good QB in J Garcia after that. If it was easy everyone would get a great QB every couple of years.
That's me, Mr. Rational lol. Anyway, it looks like the NFC North is going to be a tough division in the coming years. Maybe it will be a case of a rising tide raising all ships.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then Maybe you should become a Detroit fan. At least you’d be speaking out of relevance.
Never…but I can at least stomach watching them win the division. Hopefully they had their year and it won’t be an issue for awhile.

Plus I’m really getting a kick out of everyone looking at us like same old Bears. The last couple years of picks and trades have allowed our GM to methodically build the roster with premium picks and now we got the generational talent at QB we’ve been waiting for and don’t lie…..there’s 4 maybe 5 teams that wouldn’t have taken Caleb or would trade for him right now. Your front office is one of em.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're still missing the point - the point is, it's not easy. You don't just draft a guy, stick him in a freezer for 3 years, then thaw him out and *POW*! You've got a 12-year franchise quarterback and maybe hall-of-famer, playoff-ready in Year One.

It takes hard work, good scouting, good coaching, and a stable organization to find the right prospect at the right point in your team's timeline, then spend 2 or 3 years patiently developing him - coach him up, identify the areas of his game that need work, do the strength training, teach him the footwork, the reads, the arm position, the motion, the release... it takes a solid, stable organization with good coaches, patience, and commitment to doing the work that needs to be done to make the formula work.

Which brings us to... the Bears. I agree with you; Fields had the tools to become a very good QB, and the Bears didn't know how to make him that. And I feel badly for the guy, because by all accounts he was a really terrific kid. But you say you're confident that the same organization that ruined Fields is going to turn Caleb Williams into a star - why? What are they going to do differently this time?

I've said a number of times, if Fields had lucked in a position like Love had (landing with an organization like Green Bay, with the time, the patience, and the program to develop him), he might have had a tremendous future in the NFL. But he didn't. He fell into the clutches of the Bears.

I really feel that one of the biggest reasons the Packers have been able to what they did with Rodgers and Love is that they are not under the thumb of an arrogant billionaire owner with a 10-minute attention span who wants immediate results from an early quarterback. Our management was easily able to afford letting them both develop for 3 years, because we didn't need immediate results in order to sell tickets. I think Atlanta figured this formula out, and may have scored the biggest success of the entire 1st round by taking Penix.

If they can sit him for 2 or 3 years behind Cousins, he may prove to be the steal of the draft. And if that turns out, you may see the Green Bay model for drafting QBs become the norm going forward.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so why did GB just start doing this with Favre? If it was just coaching and such your QB’s should have been good going back to your founding.

Look I get why you’re delusional. You’ve had 30 plus years of HoF QB play and I’d think my team was infallible too.

Don’t get too emotional if Love has a year 2 slump. Teams now have a whole seasons worth of tape to diagnose and gameplan around and it might lead to a regression.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Fields was great and I loved him but he was a great athlete playing QB and Caleb is a great QB who is also an athlete.

JF had no anticipation in his throws and just didn’t have “it” when it comes to being a pocket passer. It may get better with time but the 9 sack first start against Cleveland was coaching malpractice and he’ll hear footsteps the rest of his career.

That’s why we’ve tried to do it different this time and develop the team before getting the QB. Maybe we finally got it right.