Defensive Coordinator Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
the Bad news is we desperately need a DC

the Good News is there is life after death!

We really have a good QB it’s very obvious. Great sample size now. Let’s go get a DC and upgrade 2-3 positions. Safety, CB, DL

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Haven't heard Mike Zimmer's name kicked around. He always seemed to have a knack for making Green Bay's life tough.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't heard Mike Zimmer's name kicked around. He always seemed to have a knack for making Green Bay's life tough.
If I remember correctly, Zimmer had a hard time when his son died, followed by serious health concerns for himself. It would seem he's out of the game permanently.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer has announced that he wants to coach again. Add his name to the list.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would he take a DC job or does he want another shot at HC?
That wasn't mentioned in the article. Just that he's been studying hard to catch up since he's been out of League a couple of years.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Al Harris seems like a guy people want because he used to play here. He looks to be a fine DB coach, but he could just be teaching DBs how to be DBs.

Some of the vanity titles are just that, but a lack of "passing game coordination" or "red zone package installer" implies to me he's a position coach only right now.
He has been coaching for years .

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has been coaching for years .
Al was a press corner. He did not miss many games. Even though he was not a big corner he was not afraid to get physical. He may impart that to our secondary. In 2007 he delivered a bone crunching hit to the knee that put Adrian Petersen on the shelf for 6 weeks. Now he did get flagged a bunch for illegal contact but I would rather see a more aggressive secondary. Remember when he jumped the route on Matt Hasselbeck to win the 2003 playoff OT game. If he was in a Joe Barry defense he would not be up there to do that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not saying he couldn’t, merely there is no obvious evidence he could.

He might be the best DB coach in the world, doesn’t mean he can design or call a defense week in and week out.
Very very true...but we have no clue how he teaches or draws up ideas. But his name is gaining big speed

Mike Holmgren was qb coach in nfl for only 3 years. then OC

Andy Reid was te coach then qb coach and assistant.. Then HC in Philly

MM was a qb coach for 5 years then became a OC

I only used them as they have Packer ties

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very very true...but we have no clue how he teaches or draws up ideas. But his name is gaining big speed

Mike Holmgren was qb coach in nfl for only 3 years. then OC

Andy Reid was te coach then qb coach and assistant.. Then HC in Philly

MM was a qb coach for 5 years then became a OC

I only used them as they have Packer ties
And Bart Starr was a HOF QB and became a HC only 3 years after retirement.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants' DC Wink Martindale unexpectedly resigned today. After DC'ing Baltimore a few years ago, & then NYG would he be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade to Barry? He's 60 yrs old, and I'd much prefer Jim Leonhard or another younger, aggressive DC...but any upgrade would be welcome.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants' DC Wink Martindale unexpectedly resigned today. After DC'ing Baltimore a few years ago, & then NYG would he be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade to Barry? He's 60 yrs old, and I'd much prefer Jim Leonhard or another younger, aggressive DC...but any upgrade would be welcome.
He will not become a HC for certain. At 60 you can be a DC. Fritz did it well.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m out in Martindale.

Jesse Minter is doing a good job for Michigan tonight though!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Get him in tomorrow as a special consultant, especially since they played Dallas twice this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts